[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline karoly_japan
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Japan
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 08:18:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Christian!
Thanx for the info.
Yes, Im living in Japan as a Gaijin.
Thanx again!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1078.msg32416.html#msg32416

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 08:29:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Came accross this bit on Japan!

Many people don't take metal detecting or jewelry prospecting very seriously. Phil Bellim does, and he claims that it is something you have to take seriously, and if you don't have a positive attitude while you are out searching, you'll most likely not find anything. He claims that every time he has gone out with the right equipment, he has found something of value. When people see him out with his Minelab detector, scanning the white sands of many of the Okinawan tourist hot-spot beaches, they don't take it seriously, but he claims that over a six month period he found about $6,000 in yen, and over time he has built up quite a collection of gold, platinum, and silver jewelry he has found beneath the surface of the sandy beaches.

"Okinawa's beaches are great places to search because most Japanese tourists don't like to leave jewelry in their rooms," he explains. "I find everything, from bottle caps to coins to jewelry." He also explains that the tourist beaches are great spots to search because they are all man-made and you don't have to worry about stumbling onto an old war relic, for example a 1,000-pound bomb left from the Second World War. Also, with every new year comes a new wave of tourists to Okinawa, the cycle always continues and new jewelry is always waiting to be found. He says that the best time to go prospecting for coins and jewelry is after a typhoon because the wave action will actually wash coins up to the waterline due to their gravity.

However, before anyone runs to the nearest beach to get rich, one should consider the fact that the Japanese law requires the finder of any valuables, including cash, to report the find to the police who then takes it into custody. If no one claims the item within six months it becomes the finder?s property. According to a spokesman for the Okinawa Prefectural Police Department, failing to do so may result in criminal charges of lost article embezzlement to be filed against the finder in the court, and a hefty fine and even a possible jail term.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1078.msg32418.html#msg32418

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 08:32:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Karoly,

then in your case I would simply contact either your embasy or the Japanese embasy in your home country.

I think it will be different wheter you are looking for lost things on the beach or whetere hunting for relics.

I think Japan would be great for relic hunting!

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1078.msg32419.html#msg32419

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 09:58:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Everyone . I was looking for an overseas Metal Detector schematic when I ran across this link .... I feel a lot of these countries are Too Strict !! Every country in the world should allow Coins / Gold / Jewelry to be recovered  by individuals with Metal Detectors on Private Property , Farm Lands , Public Parks , Public Beaches , everything except "Famous" Historic Landmarks . This is not a happy subject for a lot of people who love to Metal Detect around the world !!
Regards.......Eugene

Please Register or Login

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/7843/three.html

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1078.msg40331.html#msg40331

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline Beachcomber
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

1360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Sovereign GT C Scope 550 Minelab Quattro Compadre
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 02:26:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

I live in Belgium.

The country is a federation of regions, Flanders, Wallonia and Brussels district.

For some odd reasons, the laws are different according to the place you hunt. Fight

While Flanders is quite liberal (Dutch model) about detecting, as far as you do not hit scheduled archaeological sites, Wallonia says that you may not search ON PURPOSE for relics. The simple fact to turn a detector on means you are an outlaw.

A bit like in France, where even beach hunting is not safe. (WWI and WWII beaches are off limits).

HH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1078.msg40357.html#msg40357

Offline MrSimpson
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

595.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

XP
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 02:33:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi,

Hungary
You need a permit ( which you dont get as an foreigner ) for detecting there. All finds older than 1700 AC belong to the state. If they are younger than 1700 you can keep them.

If they get you in hungary without permission will not be real fun. I know from a german guy which was catched on a field ( without having real old or expansive finds ) that the hungarian police seized his detector and his car, he has to go 5 month to jail ( and an hungarian jail is not the best place to be ) and he has to pay 20.000 Euro penalty charge.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1078.msg40360.html#msg40360

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:01:39 am by MrSimpson »
Offline foxyrick
Pull Tab

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 09:48:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'm just getting into detecting, in the UK, and finding out about assorted laws.

To detect on Crown owned foreshore (the bit between the high and low tide limits), you need a permit issued by the Crown Estate. Amazingly, it's free. Some beaches are privately owned though, so are no go areas. Others have assorted, vague 'conservation' orders on them. No go there either, no matter what the order is supposedly conserving.

Anywhere else, including offshore, and you need the owners permission. All land in the UK is owned and there is no such thing as 'public' or 'common' land, except in name only. In fact, any land described as common is more than likely owned by the local government (who have claimed it from the people, on the people's behalf of course) and the chances of getting permission to detect there are generally below zero. There are a few very rare exceptions though where you can pay for a permit on council land. None near me though. If you ask the council for permission, there is likely to be a sign up saying 'no detecting' the next day, followed by police sneaking around for a few weeks. They've nothing better to do after all.

Even if you have permission for some farmer's land (or the foreshore), anything found is the property of the land owner unless you've managed to get a written agreement otherwise. Often that's not a problem though, most finds aren't worth enough for the land owner to care about. If you tell them.

Taking anything you find without explicit permission to do so (and not reporting it to the police) could be classed as 'theft by finding', and you could be prosecuted and face prison time. That even includes finds on beaches. I think of lot of detectorists in the UK don't realise this one.

Certain finds are classed as 'treasure':

All hoards of gold or silver coins at least 300 years old (a hoard is defined as two or more coins found in close proximity)
All hoards of other coins with a precious metal content of less than 10% and at least 300 years old (a hoard is defined as ten or more coins found in close proximity).
Objects at least 300 years old with a minimum precious metal content of 10%.
Objects found in archaeological association with treasure.
Prehistoric base metal assemblages found after 1st January 2003

If you find anything like that, it is an criminal offence not to report it and surrender it to the local authorities. You might get it back if it's found not to be treasure, or you might get a 'reward' if it is taken off you. Lucky you!

Detecting on any registered archaeological sites is illegal without permission from the Secretary of State (forget it!). Removing anything found without express permission is an additional offence.

Many local councils have specific bylaws banning the use of metal detectors on their land, even so called 'public' land, which doesn't exist now even though previously it has been given to the 'people' by the crown.

Don't even get me started on 'public land' in the UK!

Not that any of that will stop me  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1078.msg44536.html#msg44536

Offline mindfree
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

Guadeloupe

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 12:01:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi,
Anybody knows what are the laws in India regarding detecting treasures.
Thank you!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1078.msg60387.html#msg60387

Offline chrisma
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Greece