[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline thomas bealeTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: November 13, 2009, 08:19:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

From Richmond, Virginia the CSA Treasury traveled south southwest to it's eventual demise in Gainesville, Florida. I have searched the byways, railroad lines and water courses from Richmond, Virginia to Washington, Georgia. I have not gotten to the CottonWood Plantation in Florida yet but I will someday. I have discovered that the CSA Government was sending out assets of the treasury from mid-February, 1865 to the Fall of Richmond on April 2nd, 1865.

The Virginia Bank money that supposedly traveled south with the Davis Party actually left Richmond on the 21st of February this amounted to $2,000,000 in gold coin face value. From February 21st to March 31st much of the CSA Treasury assets amounting to over $21,000,000 in gold and silver bullion and coins were removed from Richmond. There were also many more millions in 14 depositories throughout the south, much of which was removed within 20 miles to the outskirts of town to known locations so it could be recovered later to continue the fight or upon surrender to aide the south in recovery back to business as usual------this took another 12 years waiting on the Yankee Governors or "puppet" governors to be removed from office. Where is all or at least some of these millions today? Well, I have found and discovered in a cemetery in Danville, Virginia about 7 tons or about $3,000,000 in gold and silver. The City of Danville will not let a recovery take place. Any digging, the digger will face strict penalties as a felon. I have however discovered several coins that was lost upon top of the ground during this hasty burial in 23 different locations in the Lee Street Cemetery known today as Greenhill Cemetery. Since August of last year until today I have recovered about 15 coins, all in excellent condition. I have given three of the coins away, sold another three gold coins and presently have nine more in my possession. Here is a photo of some of this wonderful coins from the CSA Treasury.
Here is the 9th coin: The markings or etches on the 1860-0 US half dollar I believe to have been made by a Yankee Soldier in the 10th Ohio Calvary as they were at the New Orleans Mint when the Yankees took it back, they were in Danville, Virginia and at the surrender of General Robert E. Lee at Appomattoxs Courthouse.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg58402.html#msg58402

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

1860 0 Half Dollar 2.jpg
1860 0 Half Dollar.jpg
CSA COINS CHRISTMAS 2008.jpg

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 08:22:58 pm by thomas beale »
Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 08:32:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm impressed that you've followed the trail that well. Too bad about hitting a dead end at the cemetery. I would think that, for that much money, the city would be interested. Maybe the ones in charge will step down someday soon and you can approach their replacements. Enjoyed the coins - I've never seen any like that before. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg58405.html#msg58405

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 04:03:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello thomas beale

Thank you for your post. It has been very interesting reading.

I have heard vague stories about Confederate States Army Treasury and yet being on the other side of the world, I am not fully aware of the history behind these interesting stories.

Is there any good reading recommended on the subject?

Hardluck  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg58447.html#msg58447

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 11:50:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

hardluck, There are thousands of books about the CSA and it's treasury. The best I have found are not of recent publications because I prefer original facts such as the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion and personal diarys and letters of the soldiers involved. There is lots to read but the facts is what most treasure hunters want. I have written two books about the CSA Treasury, they contain most of the facts but then again not all facts some speculations. I do believe I know where at least four large caches of the CSA Treasury are located----the one in Danville, Virginia in particular.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg58479.html#msg58479

Offline salvor6
Mod
Silver Member

Pirate of the Martires
Thank you13

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3537.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Aquapulse, Fisher Proton 3 mag, Pulse Star Pro II, Humminbird 1198 side scan sonar, AK-47
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 02:04:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Beale. I bought one of your books. Pretty good read. I think part of the Confederate Treasury was loaded aboard a blockade runner at Steinhatchee and sank offshore there. A local shrimper found the wreck and brought the anchor back. Treasure hunters have been trying to find it ever since.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg58501.html#msg58501

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 07:22:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

salvor6, You are most likely right. Just before the Seige of Vicksburg and other battles, the CSA or City Officials loaded about all of the treasury and private funds onto ships and sent them a certain amount of miles north or south of town and sank them. Some of these are still there as floods came and mud and debris covered them over and they could never be found again.

As for the CSA Treasury--------They hid or buried $11 Million dollars in gold bullion at the Governor's Mansion in Richmond before abandoning Richmond, it may still be there. I have a letter to Virginia Governor Tuck in 1947 from a Weathers in South Carolina asking for his help in recovering this gold bullion. This letter and others can be obtained from the Virginia State Library. I had them copy all of them and send them to me. There is also another interesting letter in this file and it is a letter concerning the CSA Government buried their gold on a plantation southwest of Abbeville, South Carolina. This letter was from Mary Stark Davis. Mary Stark was the last owner of the Burt/Stark Mansion in Abbeville, South Carolina, she left the mansion to the historical society and the UDC which is named for her. Her plantation was called the Flatwoods Plantation and it contained a little over 703 acres. The gold may still be buried there also. I have copies of all the deeds and the present landowners of that property. The landowners must know something about the gold because they bought back all the tracts of land that comprised the original tract of 703 acres.

There is also four wagon loads of gold hidden by the CSA near Washington, Georgia and it may still be there. When George Alfred Trenholm resigned at Ft. Mill and the Davis Party moved on towards the southwest towards the Trans-Mississippi, they stopped in Yorkville, today York, South Carolina. They had a meeting with the Governor of South Carolina present, but most importantly the Secession Governor William Henry Gist was present as well as Benjamin Franklin Arthur, the clerk of the secession movement in South Carolina other dignitaries and generals were present. Davis decided to divide the treasure into three different wagon trains of twenty wagons each, one crossed at Smith's Ford, another at Cherokee Falls and the other at the pontoon bridge at Pinckneyville. The Arthur and Gist Families owned plantations in this area. A stone erected there in 1936 by Benjamin Franklin Arthur, Jr. to the honor of Colly Bobo is still standing. I believe Colly was the operator of the ferry and pontoon bridge at Pinckneyville but I have found no verification as I have not been to the Union County Clerk's office yet. Many believe that this headstone to Colly Bobo has some significance to the CSA Treasury money. There have been reports of two large caches of gold bars being found in this area in the past year. One by David Oregon, whom passed away this past winter and another by a man that married to the granddaughter of Senator John H. Bankhead II of Alabama. Upon John's death on June 12, 1946 papers and letters were found among his remaining records that told of caves in around Pinckneyville that had gold, silver and jewels of the CSA Government. Bankhead himself recovered treasures from one of these caves and there is reportedly two more. The ferry usually moved upstream above the Pacolet River's junction with the Broad River at Pinckneyville during high waters and when President Davis crossed the waters were high so he would have crossed above the Pacolet. On this pensiula was the Marshall Plantation and it is reported that the other two caves are on the plantation near the Broad River high on a bluff and they can only be see from the river not from on land. A swell place to look for treasure. Downstream is where David Oregon reportedly found $1.3 Million in gold, silver and jewelry 9 years ago, last fall before his death he found another 50 to 70 gold bars weighing 30 pounds each and worth about $25 Million Dollars. His son is still there hunting. The Bankhead kin have a CPA from Charlotte, North Carolina catagorizing the treasure they found there about a month ago. It contained 18 bars if gold about 30 pounds each, three cask of British Sterling Coins. The coins about the size of our US fifty cent and one dollar silver coins and they were dated in the 1830's. There were also two cask full of jewelry. The treasure should be worth about $3 million dollars, if they get to keep it as they are going to go public as soon as they find the other two caves.

I also have the location of four wagons of gold near Washington, Georgia and the location of where President Davis buried the last of the CSA Treasury south of Washington, Georgia. There are scores of other CSA Treasures out there to be found. Good Luck. Again thank you salvor6 for buying one of my CD Books, "Lost Treasury Gold, Confederate States of America Volume I," I have another book I wrote but it is about the 7 tons of gold and silver buried in Danville, Virginia by the CSA Government entitled, "Confederate Treasure in Danville, The Addendum."
Sorry, I posted the wrong CD Book, It should have been Confederate Gold in Danville, The ADDENDUM.
If you go upstream from the confluence of the Pacolet and the Broad Rivers, just before you get to the shallows or first rapids you can see the two caves on your left. This information was furnished to me by Bobby Moss of Blacksburg, S.C. He may have taken his last walk with me April of this year as he now has Parkinson's Disease. If you find the gold please help Bobby Moss out. He has a great mind and has writtn a lot of books on the Revolutionary War and the Cemeteries in several S.C. counties. Thanks.
Just after this post, I found out that the two caves had been checked last weekend and nothing was found. So, there must be two other caves around Pinckneyville somewhere. I do know there were some mines on the East bank of the Broad River during the Revolutionary War.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg58552.html#msg58552

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

NEW BOOK B.jpg

Offline Tired Old Man
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

130.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Ace 150, Excalibur II
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 01:19:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great post.
I am takeing a guess if ever found the government would take it from you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg64287.html#msg64287

Offline deanmiller
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 02:10:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

real great research and good reading thank you  for posting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg64294.html#msg64294

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 04:23:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the encouragement, I do hope to recover a lot of these treasures in the up coming New Year 2010. Tired Old Man, I am too. Maybe you and deanmiller can meet me and my partner somewhere down south this summer and we can look for these CSA Treasures together?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg64327.html#msg64327

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 05:16:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Thomas Beale

All the best with your interesting research in 2010. Please keep us posted on your researches on this interesting subject.

Hardluck  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg64346.html#msg64346

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: