[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Rob Walter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

66.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

None
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 10:52:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wouldn't have done any good taking any. they weren't legal tender and banks won't exchange them either.  Like I said, I had to figure out a plan, and this is why I am posting here, looking for the right contacts.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg253329.html#msg253329

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2013, 06:31:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Rob Walter
Wouldn't have done any good taking any. they weren't legal tender and banks won't exchange them either.

That's not entirely true. Coins of the Confederacy have always been considered extremely rare and of extremely high value. In fact, there are some folks who actually believe any in existence are counterfeit - made for fraudulent purposes. If you actually had a cache of them, you'd rewrite history.

Go get them now. Don't pussy foot around about them here. Just go get them.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg253343.html#msg253343

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2013, 09:19:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Rob Walter
 Im guessing that these coins will be of huge value, even if they are not considered legal tender. That they are are from a very historical era will give them a value and also the limited number of coins produced will add more value again. I think you should get your buddy thats working on the Templar History on board as he has contacts, You should get this well documented. You need to get a tight team together of people you can trust.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg253349.html#msg253349

Offline Rob Walter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

66.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

None
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2013, 09:35:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Wish I was able to go get them.  Too old, tired and busted.  Since the days when I found them, I have survived terminal cancer, had two heart attacks, two strokes, and now can't walk due to added spinal compression.  The CSA treasure is deep in the mountains 1,500 miles away from where I live now, and the only way I can show the qualified team is on a map and in drawings.  Somebody needs to come forward soon before I expire and the secret is lost between the dead CSA soldier guarding the hoard, and this old man.

Thanks for your interest and replies.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg253350.html#msg253350

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2013, 09:46:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

OK, Bob. I understand. An undertaking like this requires personal attention. How about a hint of what's involved. Where are you located and approximately where is the site? The reason for asking is not to run out and beat you to it but a little planning can go a long way. For example, I may be driving out to California in the late spring from Connecticut. That means I'll be covering a lot of area with an SUV and a camp trailer. If you and this project are somewhere along the way, it may be worth looking into.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg253351.html#msg253351

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2013, 09:46:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
That's not entirely true. Coins of the Confederacy have always been considered extremely rare and of extremely high value. In fact, there are some folks who actually believe any in existence are counterfeit - made for fraudulent purposes.

Well the whole story smells of nonsense anyway GD. If the CSA did make silver dollars they would be worth there weight in gold but like you said most that have came out are counterfeit so if true would be a great find. On the other hand 1000 pounds of silver is worth half a million bucks in scrap  so only a fool would leave it in the ground.

The original post about 20,000'000 in CSA gold is bull its been proved time after time the the CSA had no money zero its just more conspiracy stuff which some armchair hunter live for.

As for the Templar's in NM thats just a laugh. There is no documentation that the Templar's ever were in North America and for sure not in NM just more conspiracy crap for another dumb a$$ reality show. Some folks need to turn off the TV and read some history books and then believe only half of that.      

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg253352.html#msg253352

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2013, 03:27:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
There is no documentation that the Templar's ever were in North America and for sure not in NM just more conspiracy crap for another dumb a$$ reality show.

Ohh, h*ll's b*lls, Seldom!   Anyone who has watched Scott Wolter's America Unearthed knows the Templars were actually relatively LATE arrivals to the new world, either that or they slept through the episode on the Tucson relics where Romano-Jewish relics were unearthed in the 1920's....These relics that HAD to pre-date the Templars had several symbols associated with both the Templars and the Masons and therefore MUST have been made by ancestors of the Templars.    If you don't believe this  you can always pop over to the museum in Roma, Texas and check out their collection of "Roman" artifacts found on the bangs of the Rio.   After all, if it aired on THE HISTORY channel, it MUST be true.   Just like everything on MysteryQuest, Life After People, Ancient Aliens, Brad Metzler's Decoded, and UFO Hunters must be true.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg253370.html#msg253370

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 03:34:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

OK let me rethink this.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OK still bull crap LOL

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg253371.html#msg253371

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 04:44:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
Well the whole story smells of nonsense anyway GD. If the CSA did make silver dollars they would be worth there weight in gold but like you said most that have came out are counterfeit so if true would be a great find. On the other hand 1000 pounds of silver is worth half a million bucks in scrap  so only a fool would leave it in the ground.

The original post about 20,000'000 in CSA gold is bull its been proved time after time the the CSA had no money zero its just more conspiracy stuff which some armchair hunter live for.

As for the Templar's in NM thats just a laugh. There is no documentation that the Templar's ever were in North America and for sure not in NM just more conspiracy crap for another dumb a$$ reality show. Some folks need to turn off the TV and read some history books and then believe only half of that.

I'm with you regarding your lack of belief in the Templars in New Mexico but here's another scenario for you. Try and follow this.

A guy who happens to be looking for a nonexistant treasure stumbles upon one he incorrectly associates with the Templars. Just because he believes it is Templar doesn't make the treasure any less real. It's happened before. Treasure may very well exist there. After all, the mountains of New Mexico are full of legends and tales of the old west.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg253375.html#msg253375

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 05:31:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
It's happened before.

For instance, Schliemann's  find of Priam's Troy.   I think both Seldom and I would agree with that particular analysis, GD.

And for those who ARE true believers, no, I do not have an alternate explanation, especially since I have not examined the evidence myself.   And no, I don't believe that Columbus was the first European to reach the Americas.....Heck I'm not even sure if I believe the Vikings were the first.   I'm not even prepared to say that NO Templar ever set foot in the New World.  BUT I don't believe 75-90% of the stories tied to the Templars and the Masons just like I don't believe 75-90% of the KGC, pirate, or Wild Bunch tales.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9272.msg253382.html#msg253382

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: