[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline csharpTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

970.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« on: April 11, 2010, 10:34:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Attempt to reveal the location

I have always considered discretion and respect for a host government?s wishes to be important in such matters.
A number of times, Ron and I discussed the ramifications of the discovery. Unfortunately not all have been discreet.
Over the years, five different people lost their lives at the very time they were attempting to interfere with or even halt the excavation.
One man stumbled upon the discovery when he noticed the team members coming and going from the excavation. He began to ask questions.
This man, a young British tourist, soon found out what was going on and was determined to learn the precise location.
As Ron entered the hotel on this particular night, the man approached him again. "Will you show me where is the Ark of the Covenant?" he urged.
"I don?t know you," was Ron?s reply. "Why should I reveal it to you?"

But the gentleman was not to be put off. Each day he kept pestering the archaeologist to tell him the location.
Failing to elicit this information, the man resorted to watching. One morning as Ron left the hotel early, the man darted from behind his hiding place and followed him at a distance. He found out the location.

Ecstatic, he made his next move. He himself would tell the world.
He went to a phone box and called the media. He informed them that he would conduct a press conference the next day, in which he was to announce "a great discovery". The conference was scheduled for nine in the morning.
As the crew members came in from the diggings that night, the man intercepted Ron.

"Mr. Wyatt," he announced, "Tomorrow I shall tell the world."

"You can?t do that!" exclaimed Ron. "It?s too sensitive!"

"This is something the whole world needs to know,? he insisted.

"We are sworn to secrecy on the location," said Ron. "Cancel your news conference."

"Too bad!" he thundered. "I?m going to do it anyway."

That night, the team members changed their flight booking and left early.
The press conference was scheduled to take place in a nearby alley, a relatively secluded place.
The next morning, when the journalists arrived, they found the man lying in the alley in a pool of blood. There was a bullet hole in the back of his head. He had been shot by a single sniper?s bullet. The lane was swarming with mounted police, soldiers and medical units.
"Arab extremists," said the newspaper. No further explanation was given.

That was back on April 27,1986. The situation has not changed.
Another reason for the clamp
We have noted already that both Arabs and Israelis would prefer that some diggings didn?t take place. This is the case whether they be religious leaders or political. But not just leaders.

I suggested there might be two reasons why the discovery of the Ark of the Covenant was a hot issue. The first was political. The second is religious.
Just think of the repercussions within Judaism if it were to be officially announced that the Person who was crucified at Skull Hill on that historic Passover Day in 31 AD, branded by Jewish church leaders as an impostor, had actually spilt his blood on THEIR holy Ark of the Covenant? What would that do to Judaism?
(This blood factor is a totally different angle in this controversial discovery ? a facet of the discovery that I do not have time to go into here. However, my book Ark of the Covenant deals with this aspect of the find.)

Yes, the Jewish people may be excited about discovering the Ark of the Covenant, since that is the most important piece of furniture for their Temple.
But it is now claimed that the last blood to flow onto that Ark was the blood of Jesus Christ, a so-called impostor. Can the Israeli religionists take the blood of animals again and sprinkle it on that Mercy Seat? They have a decision to make.

Every Jew will be faced with a challenge to examine his or her faith and decide whether Yeshua is the Messiah or not. Just imagine what potential this has to shake world Judaism!

The Israeli political climate is so volatile that, in the eyes of some, the government?s very survival could depend on maintaining the status quo. And for this reason alone, there are many who would not welcome a further destabilizing of the scene.
Sealed up When the authorities ordered the crew to seal up the entrance to the excavation tunnel leading to the chamber, the crew knew that absolute confirmation of their story would be impossible for the present.
My friend Bob Murrell of Florida was among those who constructed a steel door to close off the entrance. And several feet of earth were piled over it, to disguise the location.

Meanwhile the government has placed a clamp on some information concerning the discovery. And we shall not go against the host government.
Currently, therefore, we are unable to present all collected data on this subject. We only ask that the reader watch and wait until that time when it will be made public.
Certain rabbis may have had some influence in this decision, believing that the secret of the Ark belongs to the future time of redemption and the Messiah?s appearance. They may fear that a premature disclosure of the facts could possibly delay these events.

No matter how wonderful and exciting would be the display of the items in that cave, it seems likely that this will have to wait a while longer.

Meanwhile, the accumulated evidence must ultimately apply public pressure to international politicians. SHOULD THIS DISCOVERY BE KEPT UNDERGROUND FOR ANOTHER DECADE?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13422.msg84732.html#msg84732

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 05:21:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Interesting articles, thanks for sharing them.

I can't debate a word about the volatile nature of the area, or the sensitivity and mahem the ark could create.

The ark has long been an intriguing mystery to me. As a youngster I saw it on in search of and various adventure shows. I remember the interview with 3 Rabbis who supposedly found it under the temple mount. Not to mention the whole Raiders movie frenzy.

Then like so many other biblical archaeological pieces the pomegranite gets tied to the forgery ring and everything is a question again.

Please Register or Login

http://web.israelinsider.com/Articles/Culture/4650.htm

Greed and a lack of conscience in my opinion. Or did God simply hide the ark again? Things that make you go hmmm.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13422.msg85668.html#msg85668

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 06:01:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello csharp

Thank you for the interesting post.

I heard the comments of a Dateline reporter a few years ago that he interviewing an suspected Hezbollah terrorist operating out of Lebanon. And in the course of his interview the subject changed to an offer negotiate a sale of antiquities from Jerusalem.

The reporter said was a little stunned why this subject was brought up. However he did not peruse the matter. The suspected Terrorist ended with saying what was found there was the source of the conflict between Muslims and Jews.

There has been many claims about this treasure, but I think is it hard to to know the truth is behind these stories.

Hardluck  Huh?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13422.msg87396.html#msg87396

Offline csharpTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

970.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 01:48:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi

Hardluck, I totally agree with you on many levels.

This subject when deeply studied would prove mind boggling.

As my own venture down this path of study i have come across some very puzzling questions and also puzzling questioning as to what is written in the bible!

Study of the Bible and a study of History we find the New Testament not only questionable but conflicting with the truth, and it makes you wonder what the
Catholic Church is trying to hide. ( please note: I am not trying to offend peoples religious beliefs as i am of Catholic religion, but certain things written in the Bible and time frames just don't add up, also people, places and Items don't make much sense either ).

I would like to share a one time only personal experience that happened to me in the very early seventies, I attended a private Catholic School " Sacred Heart ", we were taught to read the Bible and practice our Catholic Faith, Only a select few were educated and taught in special classes held in the Church in becoming an " Altar Boy " ( I was one of these selected few - I was told by my parents this was a very special Honor, at the time unbeknown to me this Honor was the starting point of becoming a Priest ). What i am about to tell you i will never forget as long as i live, we were in church on a Sunday and it was full as it always was, I was sitting there reading passages in the Bible and flicking through and reading some more and i came across a passage that fascinated me, i was sitting in the front row of Church, the priest ( as i recall Father Cameron ) sent the money collection Plates, I raised my hand while still reading the Bible, Father Cameron called my name and asked " have you a question to ask my child " i replied " yes Father " he replied " stand up child, ask me your question " I stood up and read from the Bible " Jesus was walking through a place of worship and noticed people buying items, Jesus in a rage through items off tables and said " No money shall pass hands in the house of Father thy Lord", I then went on to say " so why are you passing a plate and collecting money if Jesus forbids it. Father Cameron just looked at me dumb foundered and replied " I will answer your interesting question tomorrow at school and continued the sermon.

Monday morning came i went to school, as i arrived at school Sister Margret the principle walk me to her office, as i walked in, Father Cameron was there so to were my parents, i was given an ear full from all sides and suspended from school. At the time i did not know what i did wrong, but i was told i needed to repent. I did not get into trouble for reading the Bible, it was because i questioned the Catholic Faith.

I am not sure if this passage is still in the Bible, but it is still shown in Jesus movies.

Here are questionable items that require answering;

1.why did the Catholic Church destroy and burn the Old Testament scriptures and all other ancient scripts in Jerusalem.
2.why is the New Testament written 300 - 400 years after the death of Jesus.
3.why did the Catholic Church change the Ten Commandments, when these are God's Law.
4.why is it written in the bible that the Ten Commandments were written on stone, when in fact each commandment was written on separate Tablets of blue sapphire.
5.why is it written that the Ten Commandments were given to Mosses when in fact they were given to the Egyptians 1000 years prior to Moses being born.
6.why is it written " The Ark Of The Covenant " when in fact it was in Egypt and known as " The Ark Of The Contract " God's Law Contract.

7.Hardluck - this one will interest you as you researched the copper scrolls, why is it written " The Valley of Achor " in Jericho, when in fact it is in Egypt and known as   " The Valley of Akar ", passage between (then known as Mt Sinai ) now known as Mt Horeb ( copper scrolls Horebbah ). It makes you wonder what events actually took place in Egypt for important scrolls to end up in caves along the dead sea in Israel and words and place names modified and changed as to cover something up.

8.This list just keeps on growing.

Oh! just recently on TV, why would the Pope support an Abortion Clinic, when that judgment is with in complete contradiction not only with the Bible but more so with his own Catholic Faith. 

regards

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13422.msg87612.html#msg87612

Offline Luc
Silver Member

Live it is a treasure to enrich the spirit
Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher F75, Tesoro Eldorado
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:26:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey csharp

you've posted a great topic, thank you for this post.

We ask the same questions about the foundations of Catholic belief, I think many of these questions are answered well sheltered and protected in the Vatican archives.

All the best

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13422.msg87615.html#msg87615

Lucky Luc

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 03:34:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello csharp

I too was raised a catholic, but It has been many long years since I have been a practicing one. They day you question the belief system of the church is the day you become a heretic. The more you educate yourself the less control the church has.

I am still a man of faith but not a man of the church. There are many questions you should ask yourself in your life. The answers may not be in the church or establishment which governs us. It is in yourself and how you conduct yourself in your life's journey.

As with all religions they are start out noble and pure but over time mankind's dark side emerges and taints that once noble cause. Ask yourself this does the doctrine of the church really teach the teachings of Christ?

Just like the treasure legends you read here it does not take long for real events to be perverted into some thing else. Mankind has 2000 years to pervert the teachings of Christ.

These questions are more and more coming into collision with traditional religious beliefs. Creationism or Darwinism?

There are so many questions to be asked. There is much historical accounts in the Bible but it has also been tainted with the beliefs system of day each time it has been rewritten.

I like Luc suspect that there was much more to the story Christ than the establishment and  church wants us to know.

I have said before spent many years traveling the road in over 40 odd countries and saw many things, good and bad, but most of all discovered who we are and what we have become.

As Luc referred to in Rennes Le Chateau which involved the events of the Crucifixion, I too have found some thing the far east that to some would considered as heresy.

But that is for now another post.

Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13422.msg87619.html#msg87619

Offline Luc
Silver Member

Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 06:24:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello all,
I also had a Catholic education in my youth, to begin in a school of nuns, then I was also young Scouts as Pioneers. Over the years, experience, relationships, and reading lessons, knowledge, the way you think and respond to the demands of life, leads you to self-analysis of situations that present themselves to you, may Be that this makes our personality more hermetic, more critical towards the things around you.

This behavior is I admit more material and realistic than spiritual , but I understand that it is necessary for some people to believe in an ideal to move forward in their lives.

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13422.msg87645.html#msg87645

Lucky Luc

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 12:06:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nice discussion all Smiley

Csharp excellent questions. I have always wondered about that line too. It seemed like churches have fallen right back into old habits.

I know why they don't want anyone to examine closely because the closer you look the more questions arise as things don't quite add up. I often wonder how many of the quotes were really after thoughts? What would Jesus have said in that circumstance?  As far as the 10 Cs I bet more people remember Dino De Laurentis' version, at least in America.

I think Hardluck had it totally spot on when he said something that starts in innocence can be perverted. Many of the teachings people now accept as fact were adapted for control and profit in my opinion. Religion is an easy sell. Either join up or send your immortal soul to hell forever. You have no physical product or proof, so you can sell fear. To date not one person has come back asking for thier money back....

Luc I agree, it leaves one sceptical and disbelieving when you start to look close. Since I was not brought up in a strict religous background I can only imagine how it is for those that were. And they use that feeling to thier advantage saying we must hide this info to keep the masses from slipping into anarchy. How handy is that? But would people turn from religion or just organized religion? Would they be inspired to know the truth? If you must hide the origins of your religion to protect it one has to wonder at it's validity.

As for the ark I more question if it is hidden there as opposed to if it existed or still exists. I find it hard to believe it was just forgotton in the basement....but perhaps the basement in Vatican City.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13422.msg87702.html#msg87702

Offline Luc
Silver Member

Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 10:37:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

These writings and discussions expand the debate. They realize that nothing is really established as some would have us believe.

soon

Luc   Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13422.msg87791.html#msg87791

Lucky Luc

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 03:52:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

In a effort not to sidetrack from the Ark of the Covenant. but in keeping with the comments about events that the church find uncomfortable. I will post a new topic about what I alluded to in an earlier post in this topic.I will post in Myths and legends.

Hardluck.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13422.msg88965.html#msg88965

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: