[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Kauka
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 06:22:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by hardluck
Hello Idaho Jones.

You have a very good idea there, it would be fantastic if we found the court martial records. Spillman prison records perhaps even still exist.

BA was right camp Wallace was opened in 1903 and originally the land was purchased for the Calvary was never used for them. However Spillman may of been in northern Luzon 1899-1900.

It has been a very interesting researching this treasure story as I am learning about a war that very few people are even aware of.

The more I research this treasure story the more amazed that there has been no input from our Philippine friends on this subject?Huh?

Perhaps I have to leave stone markers around?  Grin

I may have discovered other stories that may be connected to this story?

Much more information to come.

Hardluck  Wink

Hello All

Is There any Filipinos out there interested in researching Spanish treasure hidden in the Philippines?

Hardluck  Huh?

Well, put it this way.
Having posed this scenario / story to a number of my Filipino in-laws, many of whom were directly connected with the folks in the Ferdinand Marcos "regime", they have NOT heard anything like this.
Doesn't mean that it actually did / did not exist.
It might be real.
It might be fabricated.
Either way:  stories like this still stir the imagination, don't they?
HH

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10951.msg92368.html#msg92368

Offline hardluckTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 06:53:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Kauka

I am pleased that you have enjoyed the posts.

Guess I am a sucker for all treasure stories, but I always try to search for the story behind the legends. Grin

I suspect that there may be early archival records still in existence in the Philippines and Spain which may confirm even more the earlier events of treasures connected to 1752 British invasion of Manila. local parish Church records may even still exist in some parts of the Philippines today.

But that is for the next generation who is willing to do archival resaerch to hunt down the real story behind the myths.

Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10951.msg92372.html#msg92372

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 07:46:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hardluck, I think your analysis of the Roxas case is probably right. I can't see anyone getting to serious over a pile of brass, be it a government or private person. That kind of persistance to re-obtain items makes one think there was something more than brass. Also the fact that the courts felt it was as well. At first glance it looks like people jumping on the cash cow since the original defendant was deceased, but there must have been some good evidence for that award.

If that many men were working the dig for that long they must have known if some boxes were still inside the vault. I wonder if any of the others went back for the remaining cases? Interesting. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10951.msg92373.html#msg92373

Offline Kauka
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 07:46:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Mahalos.
I'm new to the site, so I'll be going through everything here in short order.
Everything that I've scanned through so far looks really interesting, so I'll be going through the posts.
They sure look like fun!
HH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10951.msg92374.html#msg92374

Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 08:46:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

Anther thing in regards to the churches in Philippines, most of the original structures in the country over time was destroyed by earthquakes. They developed their own distinctive style of building lower more squatter in construction with pagoda style towers. Much different in construction than their European and south American counterparts. Very few churches in the Philippines had catacombs.

In regional area the churches were build to the same basic design. You can see in the church plan in the attachment a faint square/ rectangle in the middle of the church. plans and design notes access from the Archives in Seville Spain. History books dated 1898 claims the church had small vaults / chambers to hide their treasures in times of civil unrest. This vaults was usually incorporated under the floor of church in front of the altar.

Interesting enough you can see the interior of the Clampit Church with floor ripped up photo taken not long after the Americans recaptured the area in ww2. This is perhaps one example many of the Japanese looting of the religious institutions in the country during ww2?

Most of this treasure as well as the thousands of rings , jewelry of the more wealthy middle classes would of been melted down as war plunder into ingots. Much of this I suspect was later recovered by the regime after Roxas discovery in 1971 in tunnels of the hospital grounds at Baguio. 

Much of that wealth is today in the hands of the few remaining wealthy supporters of the regime who by money and corruption escaped prosecution, lie in foreign bank accounts in tax havens.

Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10951.msg93134.html#msg93134

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

BINONDO CHURCH PLAN FOUNDED 1596.jpg
CLUMPIT CHURCH AFTER WW2.jpg

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 04:07:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

With all these wars, and events taking place it got me thinking that it would stand to reason that it would be a good place to look for small to medium size targets. Id just be a bit concerned about the unexploded Ordinance ...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10951.msg93217.html#msg93217

Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2011, 10:50:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Goldnboy

There is perhaps many small stashes to be found like any country that has been invaded. The Philippines is an exotic and beautiful country. The people are by general a happy go lucky people. However it is a poor nation with many thousand of people living below poverty line. Watching their daily grind makes you appreciate what we have in our country.

Treasure hunting in the Philippines for me has become a thing of the past as it has been taken over by criminal gangs, and all manner of shysters looking to con, rob or even hold hostage for ransom any unsuspecting person wanting to believe the Yamashita Myth that has grown since it first became public.

There is a  whole legion of would be hopefuls wanting to believe the dream looking at every strange rock or buried ww2 debris as a burial pace for vast treasure. And each and every one of them like robots will repeat the same old rumors based on hearsay. None have them have ever researched what thier searching for. They have broken the golden rule of treasure hunting.

Sadly it is a false hope of a poor nation that is struggling with overpopulation and a sinking economy.

Hardluck  Smiley

Posted on: May 21, 2010, 06:58:35 PM
Hello All

Here is update of another newspaper story dated around 1900.

A dredge on the Pasig river dredged up Mexican dollars and some silverware.

Was it from the time of the American invasion or an earlier time. The papers claimed that a family claimed them.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10951.msg138802.html#msg138802

Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 08:12:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

Here is an article of treasure being recover by a dredge on the Pasig River on 27 January 1900.

Gee it is sure quite here where are our Philippine friends I can here crickets chirping. Oh that's right their out there following each others hearsay and BS chasing rainbows?

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10951.msg142892.html#msg142892

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

BARRIER MINER SAT 27 JAN 1900 TREASURE FOUND AT PASIG RIVER PHILIPINES.jpg

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:25:13 pm by hardluck »
Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
74%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 09:36:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by hardluck
Gee it is sure quite here where are our Philippine friends I can here crickets chirping. Oh that's right their out there following each others hearsay and BS chasing rainbows?

Aint't that the truth...here you are spoonfeeding them genuine treasure leads (many of which the preliminary leg work and verification have been done on) and all they want to do is chase after Yamashita gold that probably doesn't exist and certainly isn't anywhere near as well documented.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10951.msg142902.html#msg142902

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia