[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline BG53
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

10.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 54.0.2840.71
Chrome 54.0.2840.71

Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 11:02:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

My uncle, was the first one certified for diving (wrote the book for the LA County Lifeguards, which most of PADI is based on), he is a diving legend, especially off Catalina, in particular Ship Rock.  I won't give the locations he talked about.  But, I will say this...he was great friends with Ed Janss (who's family developed massive parts of Los Angeles) and at the time they were treasure hunting they just didn't have the tools available.  Later in life, my owned a submersible, which, would have been great for recovery, but he didn't want to spend the capital on a ship to sweep the area - somethings may be better left unfound.  He always told me the treasure was greater than any other in the history of California.  He told me many times he would find it, but would take the secret location with him (which he did)...but, as an excited person did divulge some clues.  I would love to be aboard a ship with sonar/metal detecting abilities and sweep the area.  I'm a diver, and a boater, I've been over the area many times (on a boat).  It is deeper than a regular diver could or should dive.  I am sure the area has been passed over by some sweeper, but not as thoroughly as it should have or in the exact area.  Unfortunately, I do not have any concrete proof, just his clues.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36425.msg315008.html#msg315008

Offline norcaldiver
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

5.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 08:33:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Anyone from this post been doing any searching for wrecks around Catalina since inception of this post? Interested to hear any stories you may have.

Mike

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36425.msg328496.html#msg328496

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: