[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline AmmarSalmiTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Algeria
Referrals: 0

40.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 110.0
Firefox 110.0

Awards
« on: March 04, 2023, 05:51:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi,
I had heard many stories about treasures but there is one that always stuck with me. And this is how it goes briefly:
A sheepherder was walking in a mountain and suddenly the stone below him flipped and he fell down a shaft. He couldn't climb back. But he found a tunnel. He walked and walked for many kilometers. The tunnel was freezing cold. The snot turned into ice on his nose. He thought he won't survive this. But he did made it to some sort of an exit. He found himself in a cave that was approximately 6 to 8 km from where he fell. But there was one small detail that he mentioned about the tunnel. There were pot of golds inside of it. One meter high pot of golds.

The story is dear to me. Because of many things. First, the location where he fell is a famous location among all treasure hunters in this region. Second, there is a visible aqueduct bridge on the mountain side and seven doors built into the mountain side within a 1 km distance. And finally, my father was told the story by the sheepherder himself.

Tonight, as I was messing with google earth. I tried to find a connection between two sites. One I worked on and found many interesting things in it but I can't talk about it to keep this brief. The other is a one I just visited but never worked on it. I just checked some sort of a settling basin there that was uncovered by others a long time ago. Let's call them A and B.

I was experimenting with the ruler and tried to measure the distance. It was 12km roughly. I thought wouldn't be cool if I found a new location 12km to the northeast that is aligned with A and B and also at the same distance from them? And I did find the traces of some dug holes. The pattern was clear to me as daylight. These were treasure hunters digging aimlessly in that area. Let's call this location C.

A, B, C are aligned. And between B and C is the location where the sheepherder had supposedly fell. And C is where he found the exit of the tunnel.

I know, treasure fever can make you see things that aren't there but -damn- if that isn't a peculiar coincidence. My theory is that he fell into what is called a dropshaft and ended up in an underground aqueduct. But if I'm to pick holes at my theory I'd raise a couple of questions:
1- If I end up telling people about pot of golds, why would no one make an effort to trace back my path and try and find the exit?
2- No reliable source ever mention Roman using aqueduct to store any treasures.
3- Irrigation system rarely take a straight path. Even if they did for some reason, there is no point on building locations that are the same distance apart along its line.

I just got a little bit excited with my findings and wanted to share it with you.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,75183.msg335975.html#msg335975

Ammar

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 110.0
Firefox 110.0

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 12:16:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good story.
who is the writer again?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,75183.msg335977.html#msg335977

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Algeria

40.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 110.0
Firefox 110.0

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 03:11:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

If there is fiction in this, it's made by the shepherd that told his story. I didn't add one cent of fiction to it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,75183.msg335979.html#msg335979

Ammar

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 110.0.0.0
Chrome 110.0.0.0

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2023, 03:14:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Interesting story Ammar!  Thanks for sharing it with us.  Is there any documentation to support the story?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,75183.msg335980.html#msg335980

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Algeria

40.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 110.0
Firefox 110.0

Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 03:09:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by ArfieBoy
Interesting story Ammar!  Thanks for sharing it with us.  Is there any documentation to support the story?

Just a word of mouth. But straight from the man's mouth to my father's ear. Haha. This is why I half-half about it being a legend. People can hallucinate. There is many explanations why an honest person tells a  fictional story. But the intriguing part is that so many things fit his narrative. I even contacted an expert in Roman's Presence in North Africa. I shared satellite images with her and she brought my attention to a series of little mounds. She said these are probably the remains of digging the drop shaft. Also, she referred me to a publication called "How to marry a Berber princes"

But why gold inside an aqueduct? I think, the gold is not from Romans. Perhaps someone find the tunnels and the dropshafts and thought it's a good place to hide his fortune in time of war or something. But I'm reaching. But it's a cool story though.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,75183.msg335988.html#msg335988

Ammar

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: