[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline edenoz
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 08:14:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

On January 30, 1698, Kidd raised French colours and took his greatest prize, an Armenian ship, the 400 ton Quedagh Merchant, which was loaded with satins, muslins, gold, silver, an incredible variety of East Indian merchandise, as well as extremely valuable silks.  His treasure sounds like most would be sold or if buried rotted by now. And subtract the treasure he  buried that was recovered. He was trying to use this to garner support from his backers. Unfortunately he had  created a furore on both sides of the Atlantic and his fate was sealed
He apparently sent his ship to caribean waters while trying to plead his case in New York. I doubt his crew of hardened criminals he was forced to recruit due to the royal navy comandeering his original crew would have  dispersed the treasure in quick time when Kidd was arrested. Still your not the first to have a theory on the whereabouts of kidds treasure. Id rather find a  sunken ship transporting china at least it would be in good condition still if you have something  you need to whet our appetite

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14917.msg96075.html#msg96075

Offline tony69Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

255.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 04:53:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

oh gone quiet oh well i guess it is time to educate you experts lets start with the people that have done more research then me,now seeing as my research was some time back i will just call people i meet gentlemen now lets start.the first clear reference to kidd dates from 1689 and describes him as a gentle a pillar of new york society you experts already know this on of the first mention of kidd as a pirate is in a book of 1724 called A HISTORY OT HE ROBBERIES AND MURDERS OF THE MOST NOTORIOUS PIRATES  by captain Charles johnson how do i know i have this book it is the book that all people who write books on pirates refer to .ha ha you experts allready know this.i went to a gentleman's house who owned at the time Kidd's portrate and Kidd's William and Sarah box yes i did handle Kidd's portate and box ha ha you experts all ready know this.i went to a gentleman who owns the charts all of them and he told me much ,he knew willkins and he said willkins was and i quote {bordering on the insane unquote} when he wrote that book and that willkins never saw the charts  as Hubert Palmer died in 1950  and he would not let willkins see them ,ha ha then all you experts  already know this ,the charts we lent to a gentlemen to write a book and was told not to print the charts but he did those are the copies you have today why am i telling you this with all these experts who know all ,he,  he,I'm enjoying this ,i got in touch with this gentlemen and he said he was trying to Kidd's treasure and he was off visit a place but had no joy i keep ed in touch with him until he died but be for he died sent me much, armed with this i turned to the charts   by  experts

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14917.msg96369.html#msg96369

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 05:16:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

So Tony,
You managed to find the money to go halfway across the world to look at the charts?
But can't afford to hunt yourself?
Stop insulting us please, and come up with something halfway tangible.
What's the name of the person who showed you the charts? where's he located? (roughly)
Surely that wouldn't prejudice anything now would it?
Until you can learn to adress people properly with the respect that they are due, and provide just a little bit of proof, I think we will all be of the opinion that "care in the community" just isn't working.......or you are a complete scammer as that's my opinion.
If you are not a scammer can you explain why your address comes up as a business address?

i.e.

John Balmain ltd
43  Favenfield Road
Thirsk
North Yorkshire
YO7 1FZ

Club

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14917.msg96372.html#msg96372

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 05:47:07 am by Paul A »
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 06:12:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

Very Good Paul A

Tony CHECK and MATE

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14917.msg96381.html#msg96381

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 06:47:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Tony69

Unfortunately you are incorrect in your quote.

"you experts already know this on of the first mention of kidd as a pirate is in a book of 1724 called A HISTORY OT HE ROBBERIES AND MURDERS OF THE MOST NOTORIOUS PIRATES  by captain Charles johnson"

This is a silly comment, that is not the first mention of Kidd as a pirate. One of the first documents to mention Kidd as a pirate is the following.

The following letter Aug. 4 from East India House to the Council of trade and Plantations.

723. The East India Company to Council of Trade and Plantations. Enclosed are extracts from letters received from Fort St. George and Bombay relating to piracy in the East Indies, also the narrative of one William Willock and other papers touching Captain Kidd, a pirate who has done much mischief in those parts, also certain letters and papers received from New York by Sir Benjamin Bathurst. Signed, Ro. Blackborne. ? p. Enclosed,

Sourced from The Colonial State Papers America and West Indies August 1698 box 1-5 British Archives.

And this mysterious man who you allude to that has the four so called real maps. I cannot see you having a problem in revealing this mans name because he is dead or as you claim?

And even if  you do not want to reveal this mans name. How about telling us which country he lived in?

As for the chest that is supposedly Kidd and Sara chest. It seems a very profitable industry have furniture with Kidd name of it. Grin I have a picture of that one too.

You my friend has based your research way too much on assumptions on claims of a man now dead.

Prove to me either the name of the man or the country he lived in? You can private message me if you like?

I'm calling your bluff, because all I am hearing huff and puff with no substance.

Hardluck.  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14917.msg96399.html#msg96399

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 02:05:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I was kind of enjoying the angry indination designed to lure the unsuspecting investor in. Surely someone so passionate in his resistance must know something valuable?

By the way Tony saying I found the treasure implies that you have laid hands upon said object. What you really meant to say was I think I have stumbled upon new info leading to the treasure. But alas you have not. Pick a better pirate, what loot Kidd did get was all stolen from him anyway.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14917.msg96539.html#msg96539

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 02:07:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Lets quit this BS .  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14917.msg96540.html#msg96540

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 02:13:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes Cornelius,
I think you're right......... amusing while it lasted though...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14917.msg96543.html#msg96543

Offline bigwater
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 05:43:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

We could have had so much fun baiting him.  Definitely a scammer... I've seen these same types of approaches a thousand times due to my years of scambaiting.  In fact, he sounds so much like an Anthony that has been burned in the notebook computer scam attempts that I'm tempted to think it's the same person.  I guess the last time he got a DHL shipment of an old washing machine filled with concrete that was supposed to be notebooks, he gave up on that.

This is the first time I've seen the scammers come out in an open forum.  I may have to send this link to some of my other scambaiting buddies, but maybe not.   They'll be SO disappointed they weren't here from the very start to "jump on the opportunity to invest" and just drag this guy over the coals and bleed him dry with months of promises and disappointment.

Can a mod check his IP please?  I'd almost bet I know which Internet Cafe it's coming from. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14917.msg96606.html#msg96606

Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Offline tony69Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

255.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 05:43:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

i have been asked not to treat you like clowns  or shall i say experts, yet you say I'm a scammer which is not true i have facts, you do not ,and if I'm a scammer then what would i gain nothing only to alienate you lot, it is a fact that i have work out how the charts work and this i will prove when i have a backer and it is to him i will have to prove what i know ,and all you  want is for me to say how they work so you can say you worked it out when in fact you did not so I'm a scammer am i and that's you option well a a scammer" hay we can keep this going "you are so so blind and know nothing oh well its a free world,I'm not interested in what Kidd did only are the charts real or fake so let the scammer tell you some things you do not know and do not know ,the charts have never to the British muscum to say they are real or fake how do i know i went, experts,to the charts i had to find out if they where real or fake so i put the charts on my drawing board which i had for my job and found many strange things like all the letter are diffrent why i asked myself  so i asked a friend who was in to photograph to blow the charts up as big as he could as i wanted to see more this he did and i found that the letter was wrote with 3 strokes of the pen strange why i asked my self so i took the chart to a gentlemen at the British martime museum and he examined the chat i have  and said   that i was right the letter C had been drawn with 3 strokes of the pen and was light black and dark black he said that it was originally in red and black as red ink goes black over the years and would have looked quite pretty when first drawn and to look at the letter H as it had two red lines each side and black in the centre the I is red he said  and the N is red and black and the A the bottom is black the top is red ,strange,he said the chart was maid on velum with a quill strange, off i went back home, so i had the letter C a way from the hina the 11 two reds a red I a red and black N or 1V an a red and black 1at the bottom and V "up side down"   C  11 1 1V 1V   the 11 letter  is k then i then four 1v  and four 1v c Kidd ,wrong but strange,so i set the chart up on my drawing board  and looked at the chart the center of a triangle he said ,how do you find the centre of a triangle ,well experts, it is not the centre of a triangle, it is the point where you draw a circle and it goes through all three point of the triangle i looked at the chart v .  tri . skeleton . mad them in to a triangle and looked for is center there was a mark on the chart where the centre was strange,and when you draw a line to the centre it goes through the north of his compass rose strange so i went to a                    mathematician and asked him some questions what are the odds on one person finding all four charts a lot he said but not a lot if you are looking for them what are the odds on there being a triangle and it all lines up , millions and millions to 1 he said , i hope this  will help all you who are looking but as a friend of mind said get a book called "winners,losers" you experts will already know this ,  check mate he he i love it, a scammer ,love it , i am moving soon so i will be gone for some time   ha-ray you  say but remember you do not know and i do,for all you experts don't read go and find out what is true and good luck in your quest    b b f n

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14917.msg96699.html#msg96699

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: