[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline hardluckTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: October 03, 2009, 08:21:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello every one.

There is a story about a Carthusian Monastery Villeneuve Les Avignon is said to conceal a treasure hidden during the French revolution?

The monastery, formerly the Anti popes summer residence opposite the city must in its day have been a very wealthy monastery. Carthusian Monks are said to have had enormous wealth of church plate, money etc.. in their time. It all changed during the French revolution when angry mobs roamed the countryside looking to tear down anything of the old supporters of the king and old regime. The Carthusian monks it is said felt the wrath of these mobs and was driven from the monastery in hurry.

The Monastery was neglected for many years until several years after world war 2, a care taker was given information that led to an amazing discovery. Information supplied to him was for him to remove a certain panel from an inner wall of a certain part of the monastery.

He found a stone engraved picture of the monastery with arrow pointing to certain part of the complex. It has been alleged that certain boundary markers around the monastery and the engraved picture still not fully interpreted will lead to hidden treasure?

Is the story true?

Who knows as it is interesting treasure legend all the same.

Hardluck  :Smiley

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8384.msg52455.html#msg52455

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

villeneuve-chartreuse-garden2-gfdl-andreastille-500.jpg

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 08:36:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by hardluck
Hello every one.

There is a story about a Carthusian Monastery Villeneuve Les Avignon is said to conceal a treasure hidden during the French revolution?

The monastery, formerly the Anti popes summer residence opposite the city must in its day have been a very wealthy monastery. Carthusian Monks are said to have had enormous wealth of church plate, money etc.. in their time. It all changed during the French revolution when angry mobs roamed the countryside looking to tear down anything of the old supporters of the king and old regime. The Carthusian monks it is said felt the wrath of these mobs and was driven from the monastery in hurry.

The Monastery was neglected for many years until several years after world war 2, a care taker was given information that led to an amazing discovery. Information supplied to him was for him to remove a certain panel from an inner wall of a certain part of the monastery.

He found a stone engraved picture of the monastery with arrow pointing to certain part of the complex. It has been alleged that certain boundary markers around the monastery and the engraved picture still not fully interpreted will lead to hidden treasure?

Is the story true?

Who knows as it is interesting treasure legend all the same.

Hardluck  :Smiley

This might give new meaning to the saying *set in stone!*

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8384.msg52461.html#msg52461

goldigger

Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 08:54:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Goldigger

Alas!

All I have is that very poor photocopy of an alleged print taken off the stone in the post above. I  first heard about the story from a retired collage professor from Cambridge that had a deep interest in the nature of treasure stories many years ago.

In fact I am not sure if he is still alive because I have not been in contact with him since the early 90's. He was however a true gentleman of the code.

Hardluck.  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8384.msg52462.html#msg52462

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 11:27:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Goldigger

Alas!

All I have is that very poor photocopy of an alleged print taken off the stone in the post above. I  first heard about the story from a retired collage professor from Cambridge that had a deep interest in the nature of treasure stories many years ago.

In fact I am not sure if he is still alive because I have not been in contact with him since the early 90's. He was however a true gentleman of the code.

Hardluck.  Smiley

Well.... this discussion may inspire someone into investigating the tale... I t will not be me, I have enough trouble, handling logistics to go a couple hundred miles, to placer mine. Or just pick up rocks.... I have a hard rock claim on some soap stone (for carving,) but it has not made me any $$$. Yet!

goldigger.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8384.msg53274.html#msg53274

goldigger

Offline Luc
Silver Member

Live it is a treasure to enrich the spirit
Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher F75, Tesoro Eldorado
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 01:22:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

HELLO EVERYONE,

Please find hereby the link of one excellent site concerning this story about Villeneuve les avignon.

This site is in French language, sorry. ------->

Please Register or Login

http://letresordeschartreux.ifrance.com/

Good reading

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8384.msg53288.html#msg53288

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

chartreuse-avignon_web.jpg

Lucky Luc

Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 05:11:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Luc

Thank you once again for the interesting post and fantastic link.

I had heard the story a very long time ago, in only a small portion and was hoping some one would bring new information to light.

It is very very interesting reading. Teach

I learned very much from the website. The history of this treasure is little known in the English speaking world. I think this story if more well known could have the potential to be more famous than the Rennes Le Chateau story.   

The tunnel systems look like it has its dangers. And I think the key is to understanding the symbols which appear to be simple directions. Providing of course to what relevance they have.

Perhaps we could borrow a few images of the symbols to really kick the topic off? I am sure there are more people on Thunting would delight in speculating on the meaning of the symbols?

Hardluck  Shocked 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8384.msg53300.html#msg53300

Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 11:37:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Luc, Goldigger and others

Here is some diagrams of the alleged boundary symbols that might be clues that will to the location of treasure.

Any suggestions on what they might mean?

Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8384.msg53401.html#msg53401

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Releveborne1.jpg
Releveborne5.jpg
calque.jpg

Offline Luc
Silver Member

Live it is a treasure to enrich the spirit
Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher F75, Tesoro Eldorado
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 02:08:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Hardluck,
Thank you for your scans of the engravings of the borders of Villeneuve-lez-Avignon.

The interpretation of certain engravings can be made (example: crossing, crossroads of four road, right, left, church, cross) but without an explanation of distance, point of departure, and place, it is really difficult to draw a detailed map. Furthermore in this affair if my memory is good, I read there is some time that certain borders removed then put as arrangement in properties deprive. It would be difficult to find their original place and their orientation (indeed these borders contain very often engravings on four faces).

I have in my house of holidays a whole story concerning this affair of Villeneune-lez-Avignon. I would return it that would make for you a synthesis which I would put on-line on the site. But it is going to need to wait for a few months.

best regards

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8384.msg53528.html#msg53528

Lucky Luc

Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 03:14:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Luc

You make some interesting points about the boundary markers. If one of the boundary markers was removed from the original location, then the whole system of symbols of directions on the boundary markers will mislead present day researchers.

Perhaps knowing how each marker originally related to each other in what sequence is the key? If the boundary markers are the key to this treasure, it is clear that the devious monks had a long time to plan to hide their treasures with this ingenious Boundary marker System.

It is a very interesting idea you have. I await your synthesis in due course when you are able with interest.

Hardluck  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8384.msg53533.html#msg53533

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 07:21:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Luc, Goldigger and others

Here is some diagrams of the alleged boundary symbols that might be clues that will to the location of treasure.

Any suggestions on what they might mean?

Hardluck  Wink

Tres interessant!  Shocked

The first photo obviously shows something is missing (defaced?), the second and somewhat the third, looks like star positions? But it would be relative to the viewer's position.   Great

The first photo looks almost Celtic or pseudo Celtic. It would have been nice to see what is missing, on the right.   Shocked

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8384.msg53705.html#msg53705

« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 07:23:12 am by goldigger »

goldigger

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Jump to: