[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 06:54:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

I only found a single reference to gold being stolen by the James gang and that was a mere estimated $1000 which was partially recovered when they left it behind while fleeing. I won't be wasting my time for certain. Enjoy yourself.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59613.msg300305.html#msg300305

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline GREY RIDERTopic starter
Bronze Member

There is iron in my words
Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

540.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
MS Internet Explorer 9.0
MS Internet Explorer 9.0

Awards

MARKSMAN &  FISHER  F-2     Garrett pro pointer
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 04:06:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The real treasure to me is the history behind it all but The price of gold has went up and  gold is were you find it good luck treasure hunters!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59613.msg300327.html#msg300327

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:10:08 pm by GREY RIDER »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 04:19:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GREY RIDER
The real treasure to me is the history behind it all but The price of gold has went up and  gold is were you find it good luck treasure hunters!

Personally I prefer to look where there is gold not where there never was any. Your mileage may vary.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59613.msg300328.html#msg300328

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Bronze Member

Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
MS Internet Explorer 9.0
MS Internet Explorer 9.0

Awards

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 04:51:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

what a negative arrogant richard you are sir , you can fish were there is fish it doesnt mean your gonna catch any sorry i must be on the the treasure finding site  meant to be on the treasure hunting site.The one that enchorages people to treasure hunt  good day bobs your uncle and your the guvna  Rider

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59613.msg300356.html#msg300356

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 05:06:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

what a negative arrogant richard you are sir , you can fish were there is fish it doesnt mean your gonna catch any sorry i must be on the the treasure finding site  meant to be on the treasure hunting site.The one that enchorages people to treasure hunt  good day bobs your uncle and your the guvna  Rider
So does that mean you go to new construction sites and look for jars of gold coins where nobody has ever buried them before? Of course not.

All I am saying is to look for treasure where treasure is. Not where you dream it to be. There is no James Gang treasure to speak of. They didn't actually steal much gold and what they did was almost all recovered. They spent their paper money like any good gang of crooks would.

You believe what you want. That's always been the case. Just please stop your petulant moaning if someone tells you your fabled treasure probably doesn't exist. You'll go traipsing around looking for it no matter what. But like those guys on the TV show, planted coins don't really indicate a James Gang treasure.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59613.msg300357.html#msg300357

Let's Talk Treasure!

Bronze Member

Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
MS Internet Explorer 9.0
MS Internet Explorer 9.0

Awards

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 06:02:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

aint moaned a bit sorry i dont know it all but if people listen to people say what your sayin Mel fisher would have never found one of the largest treasures to date . if i believe there could be something at a construction site  or just need a place to go dig hell yes i would go there in this day and age you should look were you can no telling whats out there  maybe not gold from the james gang but other stuff and you can bet if you know its there so do others  and you cant telll me they didnt take gold off those trains even if its pinkerton rings watches  and chains  people like you make me want to search more and i hope others do too even if its foolish to some at least they are searching and finding clues to anything that one day may be lost forever had they not  if they are doing so on your property then i could understand your point of view or they must be close to were you believe it is other wise  you sound like the petualant moaner i cant prove its any where and neither can you but if your looking you can prove were it aint sir,/mam Rider

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59613.msg300376.html#msg300376

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:05:11 am by GREY RIDER »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 06:34:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

aint moaned a bit sorry i dont know it all but if people listen to people say what your sayin Mel fisher would have never found one of the largest treasures to date . if i believe there could be something at a construction site  or just need a place to go dig hell yes i would go there in this day and age you should look were you can no telling whats out there  maybe not gold from the james gang but other stuff and you can bet if you know its there so do others  and you cant telll me they didnt take gold off those trains even if its pinkerton rings watches  and chains  people like you make me want to search more and i hope others do too even if its foolish to some at least they are searching and finding clues to anything that one day may be lost forever had they not  if they are doing so on your property then i could understand your point of view or they must be close to were you believe it is other wise  you sound like the petualant moaner i cant prove its any where and neither can you but if your looking you can prove were it aint sir,/mam Rider

Here's the deal. OK???

First of all, this is a FORUM where DISCUSSIONS take place. It is NOT somewhere where YOU educate everyone on what you believe is a treasure and I believe if fantasy. We WERE discussing until YOU decided you wanted to convince me YOU were right. All the while I have been telling you to go ahead and follow your notions and you have been telling me I am wrong.

So, once again, here is the deal. Either you start acting like this is a MUTUAL discussion or it ends right here. Got it? You can continue to tell everyone about the billions in treasure that the James Gang buried all over the US. And I will continue to point out the real facts. The facts that the gang never stole that much and what they did steal was spent in the nearest saloon or dance hall. Very little was stashed away and they had no ulterior motive like restocking the Confederate Treasury. So do continue but if you criticize me again, I will put an end to this by moderating you. Period.

Posted on: August 21, 2015, 02:32:13 pm
And by the way, do not confuse disagreeing with me (which is absolutely fine) with criticizing me (which is not). Think about it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59613.msg300381.html#msg300381

Let's Talk Treasure!

Bronze Member

Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
MS Internet Explorer 9.0
MS Internet Explorer 9.0

Awards

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 10:34:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

there aint no deal pigrim i have no dealings with you and never will.   i posted a topic about a show i watched and folks have viewed and discussed i havent Told anyone anything  as fact only encouraged discussion and enthusiasm in my hobby i dont know what yours is  but wish you the best with it  youre the one compelled to educate and kill discussion Welcome   if you dont want to waste your time as you say then move along Rider  Wow  Christian were did you find this person Great thanks for reminding me you havent heard from me in a while     I  see why you did  it now . sorry folks if i screwed up on my topic you can decide for yourself  i wont tell you what to think or what the so called deal is   or there is billions in treasure from the james gang you are wecome to discuss this topic shows, clues, mysteries,  finds, links,And by the way, do not confuse disagreeing with me (which is absolutely fine) with criticizing me (which is not). Think about it this is a FORUM where DISCUSSIONS take place. It is NOT somewhere where YOU educate everyone on what you believe is not treasure and I believe is   i havent said its there just go  seek your treasure what ever and were ever  you believe  it may be   ethically of coarse    

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59613.msg300383.html#msg300383

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:34:48 am by GREY RIDER »
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 10:51:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Like the Yamashita people some just don't want to hear the Facts or Truth.  Rumors and Legions  are more then  fun  then Facts. 

I'm Un Locking this Thread and You can  Continue your Dreams.

First sign of you getting Ugly with a Moderator ,  I  will Re Lock it and MUTE you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59613.msg300384.html#msg300384

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 12:20:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
Like the Yamashita people some just don't want to hear the Facts or Truth.  Rumors and Legions  are more then  fun  then Facts. 

I'm Un Locking this Thread and You can  Continue your Dreams.

First sign of you getting Ugly with a Moderator ,  I  will Re Lock it and MUTE you.

It was never locked. Or at least not by me. I don't want him to stop discussing his point of view. I want him to allow discussion that presents another viewpoint. Every time I tell him facts here known by historians and treasure hunters, he doesn't just disagree with me, he starts getting very (pardon the term) gray with me. It's as if he's warning me rather than just discussing the issues. He doesn't take what I tell him at face value but instead makes it seem as if I am discouraging him and others. In every post, I tell him to continue his search. In my disagreements, I tell him I won't be wasting my own time looking for treasure that I don't believe is there. But not once have I ever told HIM what to do or told him to stop talking about it.

This really is quite a bit like the Yammie treasure guys. I encourage the Yammie true believers only to be safe and not chase after a wispy pottery shard as "evidence" of treasure buried at 100 feet beneath water traps. You know the drill.

A few years back there was a treasure show that showed two guys searching for James-Younger gang treasure. They allegedly found three gold coins and the show later apologized for being taken in by two frauds. Of course, the show does get its share of repeat viewings which I see every now and again. The silliest bit is that these two coins were found on rock ledges a half mile apart where people should have seen them when they passed by. Then, one more was found with a backhoe after digging a hole about 20 feet across. How they decided it was there is beyond me. Yet they went right to it and dug a hole in the middle of nowhere and found a gold coin which they say once rested in the hands of Jesse James himself. I don't call that show evidence but you can see references to it all over the treasure hunting sites.

So, like I have been saying all along, I am not trying to "kill" any treasure leads or discussions. I am simply stating that I (me - personally - myself) won't be wasting time looking for a treasure I am sure does not exist. If even one relevant fact had been presented by old Grey Rider, I would have been delighted to discuss that fact with him. But nothing was forthcoming from him. Not one fact. Oh, wait. He does get the name of Jesse James right.

Now I promised him I was going to put him in moderation and what does he do? He calls on Christian to tell me off. I ought to moderate him for that alone but I will let it slide. I really don't care that much about it. But one more untoward comment from him and I will moderate him on the spot.

Grey Rider, what that means is every one of your posts will have to be approved by a moderator before it can be seen.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59613.msg300386.html#msg300386

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: