[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline DeboTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: March 29, 2012, 07:08:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

I found the hole where this treasure was buried. I followed all the hints in the note and walked right to it but the hole was empty. I dont know if someone found it recently or if it was uncovered a long time ago. If it was found recently, I wish I could have gotten my husband to go down to the area when I first started reading about it...maybe it would have still been there! If you snooze, you lose!!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35798.msg218221.html#msg218221

Offline williamsingr
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1105.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Authorized White's Dealer, V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 07:12:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Makes you wonder what was inside?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35798.msg218224.html#msg218224

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 07:16:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

There was supposed to be 30 mule loads of gold. There were a band of robbers that stole the army payroll back during the mexican/american war. Wouldnt that have been something if it had still been there. It was so funny, my husband and all his friends thought I was a kook when I talked about it. It took me a couple of years before I could get him to go down there with me. When we found the spot, he got down there with the metal detector and when it beeped, his eyes got as wide as silver dollars! It turned out to be a small piece of barbed wire but the look on his face made the whole trip worth it!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35798.msg218225.html#msg218225

Offline foolsgold
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

995.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 03:46:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

nice story! sorry you just found some barbed wire!! got plenty of that around here

if you dont mind me asking, how did you go about finding the spot, and why do you feel like it was the correct place?

thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35798.msg218249.html#msg218249

Offline FlowerOfTheSea
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1685.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ADS III / Garrett Sea Hunter
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 09:56:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nice try. And who says the race goes to slow and steady? Good detective work. And I second what foolsgold asked?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35798.msg218275.html#msg218275

FlowerOfTheSea (Flor Do Mar)

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 06:09:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Im sorry, this is the first time I've every posted anything anywhere and I started another topic instead of adding to this post. I want to tell you exactly how I came to believe the site I found was the place where John Fletcher buried his treasure. The note that he wrote (because he was the only robber left out of a band of twelve) said that they had buried the cache under a waterfall about 120 yards up a clear running creek just off the trail from Natchitoches, La to Nacadoches, Tx (Nolan's trail) about 15-20 miles west of the Sabine river. I found a website that said Nolan's trail is also called El Camino Real or Kings Highway. I found a website that showed several supposed routes but they all started in the same place in Texas, highway 21. I followed hwy 21 on Google maps about 15-20 miles west and when I zoomed in several times, an obscure little road popped up that connected a curve in hwy 21 that was called Kings road. There was only one creek on the road so when I convinced my husband to take me there for a 'fishing' trip, that was the one place that I wanted to check out. John Fletcher mentioned that there was a horseback ridge to the east. I pictured it in my mind a sway back horse but when we finally got there, the mountain looked like a horses rump. I talked my husband into hiking up the muddy hillside then crossed over to the creek and found the hole. When I found Kings road I also noticed further south Fletchers trail...I figured if his family was from that area...it all made sense. I know there has got to be evidence around there somewhere but I have limited time and resources and a husband that is not interested in treasure hunting. He was there. He saw the hole and read all the corraborative history on all the historical markers in the area and still doubts that it was anything special. He says it was a badger hole but badgers dont dig rectangular holes in a creek bed that floods. And how did I know exactly where it was? How did we walk right to it? It was all in the note! 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35798.msg219785.html#msg219785

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: