[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline therandymanTopic starter
Copper Member

Old, Fat and Lazy Need Not Apply!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, Ace 250
« on: December 18, 2010, 11:07:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

In my continuing efforts to prove my worth to this wonderful treasure hunting site and fulfill all requirements for the privilege of posting here, I present this as a very interesting and powerful lead for a near legendary treasure...Proceed at your own risk  Round About

Although several searches have been made for this fabulous treasure, no report of its being found can be learned.

Karl Steinheimer, according to the most accepted version of the story, ran away from his home in Germany at an early age and became a seaman. Among the pirate commanders he served was one Luis de Aury. This much is recorded history: Luis de Aury, slave smuggler and privateer, was made civil and military governor of Texas in 1816. He is said to have taken Steinheimer with him and placed him in charge of slave runners. When de Aury and Steinheimer fell out a few years later, Steinheimer drifted around Mexico and finally became involved in mining ventures that produced a sizeable fortune for him.

When Steinheimer learned, in some unexplained manner, that the childhood sweetheart he had left in Germany was in St. Louis, and unmarried, he was determined to see her. Terminating his affairs in Mexico, he packed his gold and silver on 10 mules and with two Mexican companions, started north for Texas. In San Antonio, Steinheimer debated about the danger of continuing through the hostile Indian country, but after a delay of a few weeks, the party set out, avoiding all trails and picking their way through the little-known country.

Reaching the place where three small streams joined to form a single river (Three Forks), Steinheimer decided that his luck might run out. Taking no chances, he unpacked the treasure and buried all of it here except one small sack of gold, which he kept for expenses. In an oak tree, some 50 feet away from the burial site, he drove a large brass spike to mark the spot. Turning the pack animals loose, the three men set out on their horses, heading in a southeasterly direction.

After some 15 miles of travel, the party came to a group of hills rising from the broad prairie. While resting here, the three men were suddenly attacked by Indians and Steinheimers two companions were immediately killed. Badly wounded, the German found concealment in some brush atop one of the hills, where he buried his remaining gold with the exception of six Spanish coins.

During the fight the horses had bolted and Steinheimer was now afoot in a strange and Indian infested land. Wandering northward, Steinheimer was finally overtaken by a party of friendly strangers, but his wound was critical and he knew he was going to die.

Steinheimer dictated a letter to his sweetheart in which he related his experiences and the location of the treasure. This he gave to one of the men in the party and secured a promise that it would be delivered to the girl in St. Louis. Shortly afterward, and at an unknown place, Karl Steinheimer died.

In due time the letter was delivered in St. Louis, but for some unexplained reason, it was a number of years before relative s of the girl made a search for the brass spike driven into an oak tree and marking the burial place of a vast fortune. No treasure was found, but the conclusion was drawn that the three streams referred to in the letter were the Nolan, Lampasas, and the Leon, which unite not far from what became the town of Belton to form what is now the Little River.

Here must lie the vast fortune. In consequence, it is decided that the smaller parcel of gold could not be over two or three miles from the town of Rogers in Bell County, as near it are the Knobs, a small bunch of hills lying between the Santa Fe and the Katy railroads at about the charted distance from the three forks, in Falls County, Texas.

No evidence exists that any part of Steinheimers wealth was ever found. Research has proven that Karl Steinheimer did exist and accumulated a fortune through slave-running and mining, and was killed by Indians after hiding his fortune. The only problems in searching for this cache, sine it is not on State or Government owned land, are the heat and the rugged terrain. But ten mule loads of treasure (not an unusual amount for Steinheimer to have accumulated in those days of free mining in Mexico) worth approximately $1,000,000 today, is well worth the effort in searching.

Let the race to the treasure begin!!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20079.msg132379.html#msg132379

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:33:09 am by seldom »

"Loyalty above all, except Honor."

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 05:10:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello therandyman

Thank you for the interesting story. I  have not heard that legend before.

Hardluck  Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20079.msg132414.html#msg132414

Offline cc
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 07:18:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Somebody saddle my horse... Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20079.msg132431.html#msg132431

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 04:23:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello therandyman

Are you intending to search for it?

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20079.msg134536.html#msg134536

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 06:28:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

I wonder how many people have been out there searching for it already?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20079.msg134556.html#msg134556

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline Richard Ray
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

325.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

many
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 05:18:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

My father and I looked for it, found it impossible and gave up. However, it's pretty country .. I spent plenty of time sitting on the side of a hill while he searched...
   Richard Ray

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20079.msg147704.html#msg147704

Offline therandymanTopic starter
Copper Member

Old, Fat and Lazy Need Not Apply!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, Ace 250
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 10:34:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Glad you had a good time out in God's country!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20079.msg147989.html#msg147989

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:34:20 am by seldom »

"Loyalty above all, except Honor."

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 10:46:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Therandyman , I enjoyed that and i was gettin pictures in my mind, I can a good reason to go there jus needs about 10 of ya to grid the area . I'd go just for the adventure even if all i did was flatten batteries fer a month or two
thanks fer that

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20079.msg147998.html#msg147998

Offline hollys_mom
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 02:47:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'd sure like to see a copy of the letter / map that was sent to Marie Nicole.... something tells me the details of that story are not exactly right otherwise she would have found the treasure.  I live in the area the story is speaking of and have my own theory but this is something that I just started researching so time will tell.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20079.msg150748.html#msg150748

Offline Bugar
Silver Member

IF IT BEEPS=DIGIT
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States