[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States
Referrals: 0

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2009, 10:15:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Xavier, Upload was fine and I'm looking at them right now. Wow, they are informative.     All those different requests for assistance plus reward offered - they really wanted that plane found - then fast forward a few months to the news articles where they'd given up and said the plane vanished without a trace. This is really interesting. Sue

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10242.msg65055.html#msg65055

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2009, 10:26:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

Xavier,
Unless you beat me to it, I'll try to upload page 5 (Circumstances Surrounding Disappearance),pages 6 and 7 (Search Resume for the 3 official searches) and the last 2 pages of the file (listing the next of kin names and addresses).   I'll load them to the same place as you put your pages.
After that, I'll have to take a break and make sure that I have everything ready for the first big hunt of 2010.....The wife and I are meeting some friends tomorrow morning for a 3 day hunt west of Phoenix.  I'll take my copy of the full MACR in case the campfire chat gets boring and I want something to do when it's too dark to actively hunt.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10242.msg65056.html#msg65056

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2009, 10:54:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

OK....... it is all nice and dandy to find out about the people that were on board the plane . But......is not the place of the disaster more important  ?  I would draw a line between  Monrovia  and Accra and then try to find out what the weather conditions were at that time . There must be information about the storm and the path of the storm . Atmospheric information should be available . Once you know the weather circumstances at that time it is not so hard to place yourself in the position of the pilot . This will probably bring you closer to the wrecksite than all the knowledge about the passengers and their family . It is the gold your after is'nt it ?  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10242.msg65059.html#msg65059

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2009, 11:11:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello to you all and Happy New Year

Sue I?m glade that you have read the documents as it is you that opened the very first door to this puzzle  Clapp BA I have a problem with my PC.  Angry To down load the filles I nead a later version of explorer so I down loaded version 8 but I am missing Shlwapi in ShRegGetValueW so I installed Mozilla firefox but that had a clash and my PC was running like an old 386 with 126 meg of ram NOT NICE so I will be happy if you upload the missing files  Smiley any how it's dam hard to keep up with you every time that I hade something you ended up posting it before me  Grin well done to you   Great I wonder where is Hardluck? :Smiley I hope he?s not already in Ghana....I forgot to tell him about the snakes  Grin Grin

Happy New Year    (PS Don?t drink and drive smoke grass and fly) Grin Grin Grin
Xavier
Cornelius Happy New Year

To know what happened to the plane we had to find the occupants of the plane it?s because we found them that we know now for sure that there was a storm also we now know the path that was normally used by the pilots on that route we now know that there was to be a search party of 500 people we also know that the USAAF gave up the search or rather when and most importantly we know that there are aerial photographs of the area at the time of the disappearance all these thing?s we would not have known if we did not find the names of the occupants first they lead us to list of information not posted on Thunting yet

Happy New Year to you
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10242.msg65064.html#msg65064

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2009, 11:20:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hardluck's post has ended this year with a lot of fun on here - I have a great old war time movie running in my mind from all this. I'm laughing about forgetting to tell him about the snakes - I was wondering where he was, too  Grin Hope you get your computer running, Xavier - I'm a mac person using safari so I can't even begin to make a suggestion. Hope 2010 is filled with prosperous joy for you. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10242.msg65066.html#msg65066

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 11:23:06 am by Sue »
Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2009, 12:30:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks sue and may you find loads of what ever it is that you are looking for.
 I?m thinking to get rid of PC?s and go to Mac in fact I have been thinking a bout it for quite a while now I also do a lot of graphic work so Mac will be a lot better but I must tell you that I am so used to PC that it will be quite a change for me.
May the new year be a properous one for you.

Best regards
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10242.msg65073.html#msg65073

Xavier

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2009, 04:07:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Sue
Oh thanks, GD. Awhile ago, I suggested the downloads area, but I've never used it so I wasn't sure and deleted the post. 

A crisis of confidence if I ever saw one, Sue.

Happy New Year! It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10242.msg65103.html#msg65103

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline hardluckTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2009, 06:45:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

I hope you all of had a happy new year.  Smiley

Well done all with your excellent research  Clapp

You have made this topic into a very interesting story. Give yourselves a pat on the back for me. Well done.

And no I am not missing in action in Ghana or eaten by snake yet.  Grin

Just going through the high fevers and the shakes for a while.  A legacy of a life time of exploring disease ridden jungles in third world countries. Some times the fevers come back to haunt me from time to time, I should be okay in a few days. Exhausted

Xavier You are on the right track understanding the history of the passengers etc. Cornelius sees through the old school of thinking and see only one part of the story. However the world is changing today we have go about things more smarter than we all have done in the past. You must present yourself as a historian chasing down a story not as a treasure hunter. Wink

More you can find out about every one involved in the crash will give you a good story to sell as a documentary. This way it could possibly lead to funding a search project in West Africa with little or no cost to you. Selling the human side of this tragic story and remembering the fallen.

The families of the fallen have a documentary about the fate of their loved ones. Even if you are not successful in finding the aircraft you will still benefit from the documentary.

Something for you to think about if you decide to pursue the project further?

The shakes are coming back on again  No no!

Hardluck   Exhausted

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10242.msg65119.html#msg65119

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2010, 04:05:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Grin Grin Happy new year hardluck

If you?re talking about malaria I know exactly what you are going through the trick is as soon as you start feeling bizarre or just not your self to drink coffee (real) with the juice of one lemon (real) excuse the emphasis on REAL but there is so much junk on the market that it has become a necessity Ho yes no sugar ok I know you think that I?m mad but try it. I use that remedy and it works. I have the time of departure it was 13h22 4th December 1945 they did not communicate with the radio post at Cape Palmas as they were ordered too therefore we can assume that they never reached Cape Palmas. All that I am still looking for is the load carried and it?s content so far there is no mention of gold or silver in the documents that I have read nor mention of the weather at the time of the dis.

Best Regards
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10242.msg65183.html#msg65183

Xavier

Offline hardluckTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity