[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline midnightmechanic
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States
Referrals: 0

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 2500
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2010, 06:27:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wow thanks Sue,This metal detecting/Treasure hunting/Amateur detective/prospecting figure out what happened with with mixed stories,figure out the truth is a blast!!! And once again Thank you for the quick and accurate  response! Cheesy

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg90589.html#msg90589

Offline casedaddy2010
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2010, 07:09:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wisconsinite here, about the little bohemia and john dillinger stash of money, the soil is so sandy the money that is there could be very deep, possibly 2-4 feet and i think some high tech sonar might be needed, I also was looking up some things about al copone, supposely in brookefield wi, him and his gang would hide out at a farm, there is said 2 possibly be some good caches there...just thought i would throw that out there if ur interested....that jesse james stuff sure sounds interesting as well, very interesting.....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg90595.html#msg90595

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2010, 07:19:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Midnightmechanic

It is indeed a blast when people contribute stories and items to a story to help themselves and others understand the real story behind treasure legends. there are many fine examples of that spirit of co operation that has lead to many interesting topics.

I hope you get much from posts of this forum as I do.

Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg90598.html#msg90598

Offline Rattlesnake Joe
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

965.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 250 ace,  Whites DI Pro,  Fisher two box
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2010, 02:24:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The Knights of the Golden Circle were part of a Secret Society and were a secret society themselves.  How can you expect to find the truth in these two facts? 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg114583.html#msg114583

Offline hemi6703
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2010, 03:21:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Picture of Buzzards Roost,  near Cement, Ok.      I've lived here near the sites for years,  and there is more than 1.  Most think that they are on post but, they are not.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg130093.html#msg130093

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

20061210-017.jpg
20061210-018.jpg
kansas_map_book.jpg

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 03:33:19 pm by hemi6703 »
Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2010, 04:23:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello hemi6703

Thank you for interesting pictures of buzzards roost.  Do you have the original map or just a photocopy?

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg130098.html#msg130098

Offline TreasureHound
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter II
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2011, 12:41:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

There is a long standing story in my family that my grandfather told me. He was told by my great grandfather that he was setting with a brother and old friend one day when they heard the news of Jesse James' death and the friend said it sure is sad to hear that he's dead, at which time my great uncle said "He ain't dead, he's to smart for that" and the friend argued. My great uncle supposedly argued back and said "Jesse ain't dead, and I can take you to meet him if you'd like." The friend took up on the offer and they rode out on horseback from a small town in Illinois called Oquawka. I was born and raised in Oquawka, though it has a population less than a thousand it has a very rich history. My great uncle and the other gentleman rode several days to a beat down ranch house in the middle of Missouri far away from any towns or villages. When they walked through the door sure enough there sat Jesse James. As I said it is a story passed down through my family and nobody alive today truly knows the integrity of the story, however I do know for a fact that there was at one time a picture of my great uncle from this story, sitting at a poker table with Frank James. They were said to have known each other well and at one time Frank and my great uncle supposedly had went to New Mexico for business together. I saw the picture several years ago compared with one of Frank James and they sure looked alike to me, unfortunately that was long before my keen interest in history became to be. If ever I can acquire the said image I will gladly post for all to see. In the mean time, happy hunting and a happy new year to all!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg134856.html#msg134856

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2011, 01:16:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Treasurehound

I hope you are lucky enough to find the photograph again. Old photos a lot of the times have the date written on the back of when photo was taken. If it was taken after his alleged death then you would have an interesting valuable relic.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg134860.html#msg134860

Offline TreasureHound
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter II
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2011, 01:27:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hardluck,

I agree with you there, it would indeed be a very valuable asset, however, I did see the back of the photograph and there was no date on it unfortunately. The only writing on it that I remember was along the white border on the front in where it had the names of the people in the picture and it may have had a location.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg134861.html#msg134861

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2011, 02:06:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello TreasureHound

Did the old photo you saw have paper frame around it?

I remember seeing an old interesting photograph of an ancestor of mine years ago. He was a brother of the my great grand mother. He had a photo taken with sitting bull and other character from Wild bill Hickock's wild west show.

He went to America when he was a young man as a photographer and returned to his place of birth after spending a life time in the wild west. He had lived in Galveston and had a native American wife. They had a daughter but both the wife and daughter was drowned during disastrous floods that hit Galveston at one time.

When he died at his place of birth my great grandmother inherited heap of old photographs taken over the western united states with the old glass plate negatives. I remember seeing this old photo with sitting bull and Annie Oakley I think. After My grandmothers death the photos lingered in the family until their was a fight over estate and the old photographs were dumped at the tip out of spite.

I cannot image how many photographs was lost of American history out of spite. There was about 600 pictures.

So if your lucky enough to find that photograph again hold onto it as it is a priceless treasure from another time.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg134863.html#msg134863

« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 02:16:43 am by hardluck »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: