[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 08:50:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GD I was fascinated too, I hope they prove to be what everyone thinks they are but I'm not holding my breath. I've seen this movie before...

Seldom,

I've often wondered if the writers of those stories realized the works they created would become foundations of religion? Perhaps they were just creating a good story like today's Christmas specials and people took it as real, like a prequel to Orsen Welle's war of the worlds broadcast. Humans are quite easily misled it seems, especially in matters of faith. Details become so twisted that it takes a lifetime to sort truth from fantasy.

Hardluck,

I was impressed at the skill of the forgers during the ossuary debacle, and it became apparent to me what a market there was for manufactured antiquities. I'm sure these books will go through a rigorous test process. I agree on the use of pictures, it allows the interpreter to make his own leaps of faith where the written word is less flexible. That tweaked my suspicious nature.

Real or not I don't see any great mysteries being revealed in what I've seen so far. It could be the face of Jesus or a turnip it's up to the viewer to decide.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22535.msg161652.html#msg161652

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 09:04:27 pm by Idaho Jones »
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 09:48:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Idaho Jones
I've often wondered if the writers of those stories realized the works they created would become foundations of religion? Perhaps they were just creating a good story like today's Christmas specials and people took it as real, like a prequel to Orsen Welle's war of the worlds broadcast. Humans are quite easily misled it seems, especially in matters of faith. Details become so twisted that it takes a lifetime to sort truth from fantasy.

Doubtful but I like to think they did.

Compare treasure island by island Robert Louis Stevenson  to the legends about Kidd and tell me that some legends aren't build in part on works of fiction

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22535.msg161662.html#msg161662

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 01:05:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

Hello Idaho Jones. I saw that documentary too. yeah a lot red faces about that discovery. There was many academics with noses out of joint with that one.

Interesting enough I saw another documentary the other day about the oldest verifiable event with modern day archeology from events mentioned in the Bible. There was an archeological discovery of ancient writing that mentions the house of David. This could be earliest verifiable reference in the Bible to the story of King David?

There has been no Archeological evidence to support the exodus.However Archeology showed the earliest adoption of religion into the worship of one god appears that the Canaanites. evidence shows a great change in the region where 3 large cities was abandoned and two empires crumbled evolving into 350 small city states in the hills around Palestine. Their one god was Yahweh, But this process abandonment of other gods even was not over night but over time the change took place.

The first testament when put under scientific scrutiny was book with at least four authors over a period of time. All single god religions have evolved from this earlier religion.

If these alleged books turns out to be real then I am sure it would after further scrutiny reveal more insights to our common history.

However if the writing is Phoenician. I seriously doubt the authenticy of the book. The Phoenician language and culture was already long gone way before the time of Christ so the claim that the image is of Christ to me is not creditable.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22535.msg161692.html#msg161692

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 07:47:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

I remember as a kid watching Charleton Heston in the Ten Commandments. I also remember being disappointed with the written bible version since it didn't match very closely to the story I knew and liked. Makes you wonder how many times the stories got tweaked in the time before they were first written when there was no source except the verbal?

The ingenious scheme of the forgers is that they used real valuable artifacts and added a touch or two making them amazing artifacts. Makes everything not found in place by a real archaeology team suspect, which is about 99.9 of the artifacts which support the Christian bible accounts directly. The water is so muddy now I am not sure anyone will ever know the truth. Even if a relic is discovered fake I doubt any museum curator is going to let it come to light willingly.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22535.msg161721.html#msg161721

Offline Old Wolf
Foil

Sure wish I had someone to hunt with here in Corpus Christi, Texas
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 48.0.2564.109
Chrome 48.0.2564.109

Awards

Whites and one more.
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2016, 03:45:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Just wanted to know if it is occupied or are thet ruind?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22535.msg309655.html#msg309655

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: