[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline therandymanTopic starter
Copper Member

Old, Fat and Lazy Need Not Apply!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, Ace 250
« on: December 18, 2010, 11:15:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Treasure is all over the country...lost and waiting to be found...here, I present, yet again, another wonderful possibility for an intrepid hunter to venture out and seek their fortune with...as I seek to be forgiven of all my sins and once again welcomed into the brotherhood of the THunting fraternity  Rider.  Proceed at your own risk.

Colonel Hamilton Washington was born March 5, 1805, to Warner and Sarah Washington, distant relatives of President George Washington. Hamilton owned a sizeable plantation in Virginia, which he sold around 1850.

While visiting in Alabama, he purchased land in Texas on which he started a new plantation. He moved to Texas, bringing along his sister, who has married to Dr. John Beasley, and their children. Together they bought a home. Washington stayed with them while his plantation house was under construction. The house was built approximately four miles east of present-day Highway 59, near the Trinity River.

The Alabama and Coushatta Indian reservation was located so near his plantation that some of the Indians lived on his property. Contrary to most early settlers feelings, Washington did not begrudge, or try to cause hardships for the Indians. In fact, he had a room built in his house especially for their use.

Hamilton was a very industrious man; not only did he own a fine plantation and many slaves, but he was a lawyer, and built river flatboats as well. It is said that by the time of the Civil War he had accumulated a huge fortune from his various enterprises. The estimates range as high as one million dollars.

As the war raged nearer, he grew fearful that the approaching Union soldiers might ransack his plantation. According to the story told later by one of his slaves, Washington collected all of his gold into a huge iron pot. With a couple of slaves he felt he could trust, they swung the pot of gold on a pole between two horses. After having them get some shovels, he blindfolded the slaves and led them and the horses off into the night

They arrived shortly at a spot that had been chosen by the Colonel, a hole was dug, and the pot lowered into it. After the job was completed, the slaves were again blindfolded and led back to the plantation.

After the war he reportedly told friends that he had never felt as secure as he did now with his money safely buried. Then, on June 8, 1868, he died, taking the treasure location with him.

There was a great deal of mystery surrounding his death. It was rumored that he might have been poisoned; nevertheless, his gold was never found. The only clue that was left behind was in the statement by the slaves, that the sound of goats bleating could be heard at the place where they buried the pot. It was known that goats were sometimes kept at a fishing camp near Drews Landing

As far as anyone knows, the treasure is still there waiting for someone.

Best of luck in your hunt!~   Circle

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20080.msg132381.html#msg132381

"Loyalty above all, except Honor."

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 11:02:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by therandyman
Treasure is all over the country...lost and waiting to be found...here, I present, yet again, another wonderful possibility for an intrepid hunter to venture out and seek their fortune with...as I seek to be forgiven of all my sins and once again welcomed into the brotherhood of the THunting fraternity  Rider.  Proceed at your own risk.

You . . . personally . . . have never been UNwelcome. You were warned for behavior, not for being Randy. YOU . . . are welcome here. The behavior that earned you a warning is not. I do hope you can sort out the difference, mate. Even though you are a Full Member with 30 posts at the moment, you are still very much a new member here. You only just joined a month ago.

Now that you have looked around and browsed, you can see how to stay away from behavior that is not welcome here. It's easy. Discuss what you love instead of arguing in a discussion to the point that it gets you a warning. Easy.

Excellent post, by the way.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20080.msg132463.html#msg132463

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 12:29:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello therandyman

Once again thank you for the interesting Treasure legend. Have you searched for this treasure?

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20080.msg132469.html#msg132469

Offline therandymanTopic starter
Copper Member

Old, Fat and Lazy Need Not Apply!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, Ace 250
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 12:42:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

No, sadly I have not yet set out in search of this treasure.  I am working on researching it this winter and we shall see what comes up and whether I shall move it to the head of the list or not.  I have so many other treasure projects on my list there are just not enough hours in the day.  Until I actually retire or make the transition into a full time prospector and treasure hunter, there will never be enough time.   Ladies King

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20080.msg132474.html#msg132474

"Loyalty above all, except Honor."

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 12:56:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello therandyman

I have a few projects going myself. Never enough time to do them all. Pulling one off major project is a mammoth undertaking in itself. The story you posted seems like worth a little more research.

And a very good project for winter.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20080.msg132478.html#msg132478

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: