[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline cptbild
Bronze Member

Jeep n' Bugs
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

796.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

three of them
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 01:09:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I hate to bring this up ....
And!
It's a/the same question/subject, that a person once asked me!
About a cave that I and "Doc's Nephew were looking for!
Quesion:
"Why, Didn't "He", (Doc Noss) draw a map of the cave's location?"
Really! DUDE!
WHY? In the world would you or anyone else, need to have a map of a cave that you visited almost weekly!
OR!
"Of a Super Huge Treasure, That you hid from invaders ?"
That was in a part of the country, where you were born, lived, hunted, fought, etc... for generations!!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,341.msg3185.html#msg3185

Cptbil n' Bugs

Cptbil n' Bugs

Offline GhosTHunTR 6
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

143.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Prism V, whites bullseye II pinpointer
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 04:51:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

all,

well gonna have to add them to my myspace , anyone interested in adding me here is my lnik..

Please Register or Login

www.myspace.com/ocalasix

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,341.msg3202.html#msg3202

Offline cptbild
Bronze Member

Jeep n' Bugs
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

796.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

three of them
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 10:41:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Wink  Here's a deal !  Grin
Why don't one of you researchers study the "info" and contact me!
We'll set up a "LEGAL PARTNERSHIP" !
You reveal what your research has revealed, location wise..
I'll visit the site and we'll see if it's there !
I'll keep you informed via email/photos

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,341.msg3245.html#msg3245

Cptbil n' Bugs

Cptbil n' Bugs

Offline GhosTHunTR 6
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

143.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 10:46:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

well got them added to my myspace..gregg

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,341.msg3247.html#msg3247

Offline cptbild
Bronze Member

Jeep n' Bugs
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

796.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

three of them
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 01:00:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ocalasix:
Does your reply have anything to do with my 'post/reply' ?

Quote:Posted by cptbild
  Wink  Here's a deal !  Grin
Why don't one of you researchers study the "info" and contact me!
We'll set up a "LEGAL PARTNERSHIP" !
You reveal what your research has revealed, location wise..
I'll visit the site and we'll see if it's there !
I'll keep you informed via email/photos

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,341.msg3259.html#msg3259

Cptbil n' Bugs

Cptbil n' Bugs

Offline GhosTHunTR 6
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

143.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 11:41:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

capt. 

nope but it does have to do with the topic.....see above where they mention the myspace for the folks putting out the dvd, i was replying to that not your reply...gregg

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,341.msg3291.html#msg3291

Offline Sherlock
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 02:19:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you for telling us about the DVD. I'm certain in many ways the DVD will be enlightening. The back ground you have mentioned is correct from the 1949 discovery point. And Life Magazine did do the first story on the so called Peralta Stones. Many people associate these stones with the Lost Dutchman's mine which in my opinion never was.

Case and point:There is just too much low grade ore in the area to brag about a bonanza there as many prospectors seem to mutter.

This article paraphrased here inters a suspicious eye to the authenticity of these Peralta stones particularly the young age of these stones. I don't think the Peralta Stones said to be from the Aztecs were the total focus of the DVD? I feel more research is needed on these stones from what other professionals say about them from this article paraphrased.

Part of the article from

Please Register or Login: There are several accounts of where and how the so-called Peralta Stones were found, but none of them hold up to even casual scrutiny. At this point in time, it doesn?t make a lot of difference where they came from; there doesn?t seem to be any grounds for criminal prosecution, and the statute of limitations would have long since run, anyway.

The stone tablets are now in possession of the Arizona Museum of Mines and Minerals in Phoenix. They?re not on display, but the folks at the museum will be happy to show them to anyone who is interested. They?ll also be happy to tell you what they know about them, which is plenty. No one at the museum believes that they are anything but a hoax. I?ve seen them, I?ve handled them, and even to my unschooled eye, they are a joke.

The stones have been examined by a number of experts in various related fields over the years, but the most careful and pains-taking examination was by Father Charles Polzer, a Jesuit priest and a well-known ethnohistorian associated with the Southwestern Mission Research Center at the Arizona State Museum. Father Polzer?s work is highly regarded, and he can easily be described as eminent in his field. He reportedly laughed when he was told that the drawings were purported to be more than a hundred years old.

Upon close examination, Father Polzer found that the surface of the stones had been milled with modern machinery before the drawings were inscribed thereon. And he went on to say, "?the drawings were cut into the stones with modern tools. The language and lettering is modern, if somewhat illiterate Spanish, clearly not colonial Spanish. The heart shape drawn on stone #3 is strictly of Northern European or Anglo character; Spaniards never depicted the idea of a heart with this kind of geometry." He went on at length describing more discrepancies, and in the end he concluded that, "?the stone carvings are a hoax of relatively recent origin."

A magazine writer who I met in Apache Junction, Arizona, a few years ago told me that he had considered using photos of the Peralta maps to illustrate a series of magazine articles that he was writing at the time. The stones were on display at the Southwestern Museum in Mesa, Arizona, and he arranged to examine them closely with a stone cutter who had years of experience carving names, dates, and other data on gravestones. The stone cutter told him that the Peralta Stones were bogus; the lettering and drawing, though crude in appearance, was too smooth and uniform in places to have been done with hammer and chisel. He suspected an amateur carved the stones with an electric drill or a grinder and then roughed them up a bit to create the appearance of age. He didn?t know of Father Polzer?s analysis, but he came to many of the same conclusions. He was sure that the surface of the stones had been smoothed by machinery rather than by natural erosion or friction between two stones, which was the standard method of smoothing stones for carving a hundred years ago.
------------------

From my own work in this area and from the results of Bob Brewers book I believe titled "Shadow Of The Sentinel" There is a good arguement that the Peralta Stones were left by the KGC to lead authorized parties to this well organized cache. The BLM thinks so too because they have closed all areas that were once open to the public without a permit to enter.

This cache couldn't possibly be any older then the 1880s. And the codes are solvable. The the machined surfaces of these stones confess that, alas, these stones couldn't possibly have anything to do with the Aztec Treasure caravan in 1520.

If I understand the Aztecs properly, they were very secretive and the monuments they left here in several areas refer to their golden plate cache which is a long distence away from any of these monument centers. I will agree that there is a reason why the searchers of the Aztecs fortune have failed so miserably since the Coronado expedition. These people just didn't have any evidence to follow. The DVD may show some evidence that no one knew of before? But I think the Peralta Stones must not be all of the evidence shown in the DVD?

But GOOD FOR THEM! This is all exciting work by everyone trying to finally find the lost secret of the lost Aztec people here in North America. I solute anyone that tries to put all of this together for posterity.
Sherlock

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,341.msg14911.html#msg14911

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 05:28:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome aboard and thank you for the excellent posting!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,341.msg14914.html#msg14914

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: