[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 12:37:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

There has been some interesting research done on this topic at other sites. But there is very little evidence come to support the story before 1950.

There has been claims the story is linked to other stories such Vittorio Peak among others such Mexican revolutionary treasure of Villa. They has been many unsubstantiated claims about this treasure, it is hard to sort out the fact from the fiction. Some of the most prolific researchers on subject even question the Mexican origin of the men involved behind the deal.

There is an interesting claim from one of my world wide contacts of mine who claims he is contact with a researcher who has an entirely different theory of the origin of the gold.

He claims that during world war 1 private industry in the United States was engaged in supplying arms to the Allies in the early part of the war I before the United states became officially involved.

The Arms and ammunition was carried in secret by passenger ships leading to events "Lusitania incident" In which the Germans Torpedoed a passenger liner that was alleged to carrying munitions that were officially unrecorded on the shipping manifests.The sinking of this ship eventually led the United States into World war 1.

There was allegations of this in the official British Admiralty inquiry about the Lusitania disaster. They did not verify or deny the allegation but hid behind the commonwealth official secrets act at the time. The records only became available in 2000 which lifted the veil of darkness from that sorry episode of history.

But it was not the only ship used to carrying munitions in secret. The British made many payments of lots of 17 Tons in gold bullion in payment for arms and munitions. Some of these payments was shipped through a American shipping company called North Atlantic Shipping line. Some of the 17 ton lots of gold bullion was shipped on the SS Miniehaha. She was later Torpedoed by the Germans of Scilliy Isles in 1917. The British was known to have made 4 payments this way.

It has also been alleged that the gold from British owned mines in Brazil and manganese shipped by the Cyclops which disappeared in 1918 was as part payment for munitions manufactured in the US.

Later another of NAL vessels the SS Miniehakda after world came with payments. It was not just the British who made payments to Arms and munition manufacturers. The there is some what confusion about the shipment of gold that was shipped to the United states in 1920 as supposed.

You can see from this newspaper story dated april 8th 1920 mentions the delivery of gold on the Miniehaha. That was impossible because the Miniehaha was sunk in 1917. However the vessel SS Minehakda arrived in NY in  1920 via London from Russia.

There was claims by the private arms manufacturer at the time that they had not received payment from the Russians.( I cannot and my contact advised the same to reveal the arms manufacturer due to legal reasons. Which is now part of a very large multinational conglomerate. It was from this conglomerate that the researcher was threatened with legal action.)The alleged unpaid bill by the Russians left the company in financial straits as The United States Government bailed out the company in question.

It has been claimed Russia before the collapse Russian Empire under Nicolas II, sent a late payment of 17 Tons of Gold. The Gold as Far as it could ascertained was never declared To the United States Government who bailed company out with tax payers funds.

As Russia disintegrated into civil war between the red Army and the White Army The lost Payment was as embezzled through the Company and sent west to be hidden until the time was right to sell the Gold. The intention was to sell the gold to the US treasury as mined gold via Mexico disguising it original origins. The later gold act put paid to their plans.

Was there any truth to this story?

I cannot confirm every bit of the information claimed but there is some truth in parts to his story. However perhaps some one knows more about this story out there?

There has been many theories on the source of this wealth. Your guess is as good as any.

Hardluck

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15736.msg113764.html#msg113764

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

17 tons of gold the hobart mercury 8 april 1920.jpg
SS MINEKAHDA.jpg
SS MINNEHAHA.jpg
USS_Cyclops_in_Hudson_River_19111003.jpg

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 02:27:58 am by hardluck »
Offline Smokin_Cache
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

970.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 07:38:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

Wow very intersting twist Hardluck!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15736.msg113772.html#msg113772

Offline seldomTopic starter
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 08:49:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well hell Hardluck that is a new twist. Think its time for me to go back to the beginning of this story and start over 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15736.msg113774.html#msg113774

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Luc
Silver Member

Live it is a treasure to enrich the spirit
Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher F75, Tesoro Eldorado
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 09:02:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Hardluck

Thanks for your sharing!!  Great

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15736.msg113776.html#msg113776

Lucky Luc

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 05:19:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

Thanks everyone.

Here is another Version of the court case. Where some of the key players are mentioned.

Hardluck  Wink

Hello again my pictures must of vanished.

So I will post them again.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15736.msg115635.html#msg115635

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

20MGrandJury_Page_1.jpg
20MGrandJury_Page_2.jpg

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 05:53:58 am by hardluck »
Offline martialbear
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites mxt
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 02:48:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

martialbear here.  Interesting story, any new info on 17 tons of gold!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15736.msg146857.html#msg146857

Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 05:38:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I don't think there is a group in the US working on it right now most that have come to the conclusion that the gold never although amassed and readied for shipment never left Mexico.
I talked with a friend that teamed up with a bunch  out of Dallas in 1992 lead by a lawyer named Waller that had some good research and had narrowed down the area to a few 100 sq miles. But when they started with the LRL crap he cut them loose and went his own way

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15736.msg146868.html#msg146868

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 08:48:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Seldom have you talked with your friend any time recently. Any updates since the 1992 quest

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15736.msg146903.html#msg146903

Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 08:59:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
Seldom have you talked with your friend any time recently. Any updates since the 1992 quest

Yeah I talk with him several times a year in fact I worked with him on a recovery in the big bend country last winter. He has been trying to put together a team to go look for it but can't seem to get many takers. Its hard to get hardcore hunters involved when many believe the cache never left Mexico. I do wish he would share some of his info and maps with me but he is more secretive then me about on going projects.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15736.msg146908.html#msg146908

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 11:17:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I understand the reason for secracy especially with the possibility of such a large volume
 of treasure. It would be nice to know what his theory is though. I always find it mind boggling  how such a large amount of treasure goes missing, but there is always an explanation!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15736.msg146982.html#msg146982

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Jump to: