[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 02:24:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

olsteffe;

Please, small g, one d, it distinguishes me from all the other diggers of which there are at least 2 other gold diggers, since the stuff is case sensitive, it must be correct, IF an email. Otherwise, I can figure it out.  Funny

When you post, I get an email notice: if the name is not correct..... no notice.

The copper plates were discovered long ago, perhaps Hall, or Faraday or somebbody. I just think it is something one could play with, and yes, the plates have to be very thin, the thinner the better. I was thinking, 1 ounce per square foot is about average pc board material and 1/2 ounce is available. How thick is 1 oz and how thick is 1/2 oz? and could it work.... have to try it. It seems to me, I read about because someone was using the system for a UHF transverter: one frequency fed to corners 1 and 3, another at corner 4 with corner 2 being the product, similar to a ring diode mixer but not the same.

Explain the experiment, with the iron bar, I am not sure I follow you.

I had a look at the PDF on the HMC1001: it has to be periodically demagnetized! That might be a pain, but they have a couple of circuits, outlining a couple methods, for achieving this.

I think I will try to find a source, and get a half dozen IC's, and see what I can build.

I did not see any posts by you, for a couple days, I wondered where you went, nice to see you back, we were having a good conversation.  Great

goldigger.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6813.msg43595.html#msg43595

goldigger

Offline olsteffe
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Norway

455.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 02:13:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

goldigger

I keep thinking about your gadget, would you think of it as type of microstrip frequency mixer tuned by a magnetic field. I believe I have read about such devices on the net.

There are also some information on telluric measurements which are frequency dependent.

About the experiment; You live on the northern hemisphere so the magnetic inclination should be around 65-70 degrees. This means the earth magnetic field is coming from the north, pointing into the earth in a soutward direction. Placing the non magnetic iron bar in the elongated axis to the north facing arrow, then raising the end to the angel of inclination will induce a magnetic field, in the bar, which is opposite  the earth field and you will see the compass needle turn 180 degrees. Not rocket science but helps to understand what an anomally is.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6813.msg43702.html#msg43702

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2009, 01:46:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

olsteffe;

Interesting, I will have to try it, if I can find an iron bar, if I can find a compass.... compasses have gone a bit out of style, when I first clued in to compasses, circa 1948, the deviation was 22 degrees; last time I checked, it was 28 degrees. When I was a kid, the north magnetic pole was at the base of the Boothia Peninsula, now it is much farther west. Since I am at about 56 degrees North by 120 or 121 degrees west, a slight movement means a big change.  Shocked

Part of the BC - Alberta provincial border runs true N/S, on exactly 120 degrees and I am about 15 miles or 24 km west of it.

I thought the transverter bit might spark a reaction... but the original experiment took place, long before the use of microwaves, excluding spark. Great

I am a Radio Amateur, call sign VE7EQP, but not too active (room) right now; I would like to get a little holiday trailer and make it into my electronics lab and Ham shack! Maybe this Fall.

Then I would have room to play with metal locators, magnetometers, gradiometers, and VLF, as well as my Ham radio. I want to build a VMSK transceiver.... its new, so new, I thought it was my idea, but it seems to be breaking out concurrently. Then I want to set up a loop antenna for 15.360 kHz and 16.384 kHz, to see how far VMSK can go (NO sidebands!)

Hey! Back to magnetometers  and metal detectors!  Detecting

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6813.msg43793.html#msg43793

goldigger

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: