[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline HotstoneTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Norway
Referrals: 0

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: September 29, 2010, 07:00:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

You can find it on this page, scroll a bit down

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.magneticsensors.com/features_syst.html

Looks like there is a lot of things in there, cables , software etc.

What is there left to "develop" ? Must you build in this unit in a waterproof non-magnetic wand or something ?

I am also a bit qurios about this software what it is. It could look like it is an old fashioned A: floppy disk that lies in that case, can't be ? Shocked

Can't really find much about this kit. I am interested in this cause I'm trying to find an underground object, but I do not feel tech savvy enough to build any of these projects listed here and on geotech1. The price on this was not so bad, about 700usd, if it is not to much trouble to get it up and go.
I also wonder if this more of a thing for  predicting auroras and lab use or if it really is useable in field for finding stuff. Seems like you must bring your computer along anyway, wont it disturb the sensor if you carry it in your lap doing the research ?

Does anybody know anything about this unit? Could be interesting to know before I rush into buying it. If it is covered before, excuse me for starting a new topic, but I havent found so much searching for this unit anywere.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18221.msg117943.html#msg117943

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 12:09:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It's not a stand alone unit. Ideally, a magnetometer will develop a 3D image. Using 3 (or more) of them in an array would do that from the instant you turn it on. Using one of them requires that you use it and record the readings across location, distance and time domains. Complicated stuff. Thus, it is called a development kit.

From the perspective of it working to detect anomalies, you are right. It already works.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18221.msg117998.html#msg117998

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline HotstoneTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Norway
Referrals: 0

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 05:03:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Do you understand it so that this kit includes some kind of datalogger and it can be displayed on the computer with the software following ?

It says it is x, y z axis? I undertsand it so that the flux is a vector in 3D space, force and direction, but all this about resolutions and measurements in gauss, and tesla, and nanotesla en so makes me really confused. So this may be a gradiometer then ? But should not there be more sensor spaced apart ?
 detectin an anomaly then be detecting the strength of the deviation, why do I need to know any direction of it, if it is a buried treasure ? Probably a stupid question Idiot 

some spec from a datasheet ;

Field range: ?2 Gauss
Flexible: Microcontroller-based sensor
system with RS232 or RS485 interfaces.
Simple to use: Just plug and play
Field resolution: <70 μGauss
Accuracy over ?1 Gauss: <0.5% FS output
rate selectable: 10 to 154

I may mail Honeywell and ask what their software etc contains, if they bother answer me.

It is not powered from the PC, but has a PC- interface. Seems like some  original aviation stuf these products. You think it is useable in field ?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18221.msg118044.html#msg118044

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 05:12:34 pm by Hotstone »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 05:19:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The sensor itself is able to sense in the x,y and z axis. That doesn't mean three dimensional. It means only from the sensor itself. Imagine you were sitting inside of the sensor with one eye covered with a patch. You can look up, down, and sideways very rigidly through three tubes and are asked to describe something that is behind a square of paper that blocks your view in one direction. Since one eye is shut, you have no idea in reality how far away that item is and how large it really is. It could be right next to you and be only an inch square. Or it could be a yard away and be a yard square. Since a one eyed viewpoint is limited to two dimensions, that's all you have at your disposal regarding your environment.

Now, uncover the blinded eye and use two tubes in each direction, one for each eye, and you can now tell how big the square is and how close it is. Also, as you scan around you in your three directions other things become evident from having two sensors.

When I suggested 3 or 4 sensors working in tandem, that was to increase your area of sensing and to fine tune the result. With 4 eyes in your head, you'd be far better able to see things and analyze them. Give your project 4 "eyes" and it will pay dividends.

There's a trade magazine called Sensors magazine. When I was designing projects, that magazine was an amazing resource. You owe it to yourself to see if it is still in publication. It's free to qualified individuals and companies. Well, we're in luck. It's still around and you can sign up on the web. How's that for convenient?

Please Register or Login

http://www.sensorsmag.com/

As to recording the data, that's meaningless with one sensor. It's a single datapoint and nothing more at this point. That's why they call it a development kit. Take your sensor, spin it around slowly on a wheel with binary encoding and your readings might be more useful. Then you'd have many datapoints which are tied to a location in angular direction and distance from the center of the wheel. A good start but 4 sensors would be much easier.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18221.msg118047.html#msg118047

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 05:28:49 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: