[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline jhdTopic starter
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« on: March 19, 2014, 02:17:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have what I believe is older sites the Spanish used as camp sites. While some old mines have been found, I also noticed strange shaped rocks that were out of place. Maybe the rock appeared animal like. Maybe it cast a shadow, or reflected sun light. Some rocks were of the wrong material and caught my eye. While these rocks made trails in and out and some appeared to be maps or monuments as to what was there. I was fascinated I could reproduce my results no matter what part of the state I am in, and come up with the same types of markers.

Now I do believe early prospectors looked for certain things when looking for gold. Folds in the mountain, water, red or dark colored rocks, and water, and places where gems and gold was found and again water. Once a vein was found, it generally ran in the same direction and the prospectors would dig the vein out.

So I started taking general bearings of the areas where the trails stopped in what appeared to be a good place for a camp ground. I noticed things appeared to line up with the sun and basic directions. No compass was needed it was that obvious.

Do you really think it was that simple that our superstitious ancestors would take two guys and line up two sticks tied together with a string lining up Venus to build a city around it? Cause Im thinking of the pyramids of Egypt, and the golden number at this point and how it would apply to all this study of the stars. It is Ironic if you think about it, and just a bit off like that third pyramid........then I think of Jesuits.

I am of a belief the Spanish used to lay out property markers every so often, some of which can be seen with google earth today. Can it be that easy? 

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56375.msg274061.html#msg274061

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 04:56:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hiding treasure is not easy but you might be on to something. I've always said that if you want to find treasure, look for a good place to hide it. A rock that is unique would be a good place as long as it was a distance from the rock and triangulated with another landmark. A permanent one.

I'm reminded of my niece who invited us to her new place a few decades ago. She said, "Turn left at the pink house" and forgot it had been painted white a few weeks before our visit. Three hours late, we were. Before cell phones and in a rural area. Temporary landmarks do not work any better.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56375.msg274076.html#msg274076

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 04:07:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

'Astroarcheology is that a real word?'  Not only is it a real word, but astroarcheology is a highly respected field of archaeology.   Think Stonehenge and every other ancient "calendar" structure.   As for navigating by the sun and shadows.....what's new and/or astounding about that.  Folks have been doing that for longer than they've been "civilized"   (and they didn't need Jesuits to teach them how to do so).   In fact the argument can be made that modern civilized man is a lot less skilled at that sort of navigation than folks used to be.    BUT that still doesn't make "treasure signs" (at least as most modern believers in them think of them) as legitimate/real guides to treasure.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56375.msg274097.html#msg274097

Offline jhdTopic starter
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 05:24:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It appears to me that old camps sites are used over and over by the next generation. I am finding older large stones almost polished or iron stained that suggest to me that they were worked by man. Im not talking Jesuits, I mean much earlier. I think the Jesuits and Spanish was taught about a older trail that lead to treasure. But back to the large stones. They seem to be oriented to the east, and seen only looking west at sunset. I havent spent the night at any of these stones as I prefer a warm safe bed, lol. But at certail heights, I can see the tips of certain peaks on different ranges lining up to the east. Is this coincidence, and what does it mean if anything. Im working on a math formula that may work as a quadrant that would require no equipment, but using the monuments left from the past. I have always been curious about how the would use these landmarks, and one idea is that they are survey points say for a map.

The large stones are possibly a starting point or known point for a map that we dont have. This time of year is excellent for taking pictures. I cant wait to see what lines up for me.

These large smooth stones are definitely a eye catcher, cant say they lead to treasure. But they were used to move long distances when there was a lack of rock outcroppings to guide them I believe.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56375.msg274100.html#msg274100

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: