[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dign4itTopic starter
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« on: March 25, 2010, 02:11:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Rock maps are one of the most important discoveries in the field that a searcher of treasure rooms and mines can find.  However, if these maps are not treated properly then you might as well throw this map to treasure away.  Another important thing you need to have is an understanding of the treasure signs and symbols used, for the very same signs and symbols found on paper treasure maps will be found on these rock maps.
  When it comes to rock maps the first rule that I follow is what I call the "kick rule."  The kick rule is very basic: when you think that you have found a rock map, give it a kick with your foot....if the rock moves easily then forget about this rock...it is not going to be worth your time to decipher.  You see rock maps are, literally, set in the ground, partially buried...for a reason.  They are partially buried because they are meant to be "solid."  Let me explain.
  These rock maps are set up, and the signs and symbols on this rock map, are set up in a very specific way.  Before removing, or moving, ANY rock map you want to make sure that you pull out your compass and mark north on this rock.  I use a magic marker to make this north mark.  The reason for marking north is simple....it's becasue the signs and symbols on this rock map can only be properly decipher once this north mark is made.
  Once north is marked on the rock map, now you can remove it from its position in the ground.  Once you have removed this map you will find that most of the important information is on the bottom side of this rock, however, there may also be signs and symbols along the sides of the rock.
  Upon removal of the rock map, clean the rock with a hand broom, in some cases you may need to wash the rock with water.  During this cleansing process be sure to never use any type of device that will leave scratch marks on the rock as this will only complicate the deciphering of the information, it may even erase/alter important information.
  Once the rock is clean, hold the rock in a position where the north mark is pointing away from you, then "roll" the rock in this north direction.  During this rolling process you will see that you will roll into the underside of the rock map.  Look for signs and symbols as you roll this rock, these signs and symbols are set up to be read in this manner. Also know that many rock maps are also showing you a "geographical look" into the terrain that you will find your mine/treasure room in.
  Another important point is the fact that most rock maps use "shadow signs and symbols."  This means that you need to take your rock map home and then simulate shade as well as the light of the moving of the sun on this rock.  The best way that I have found to expose this hidden information is to have your rock map in a dark room and, using a flashlight, simulate the sun in the sky and how the sun moves across the sky.  You will need to play around with the distance between the flashlight and the rock map in order to see the shadow signs (the hidden signs and symbols that will become visible through this process), but these signs and symbols will "come out" and will be visible to you.  Another way of putting it; put your rock map on a table, turn out the lights, and positioning your north mark on the rock map away from you, move your flashlight in an east to west direction, recreating the natural movement of the sun and how this natural solar movement interacts with your rock map.  Repeate this on both sides of your rock map (making sure you roll the rock in the direction of this north mark).
  Also be aware of the fact that there are some signs that will tell you, as you are rolling your rock map "to the north," that, "at this point" you now need to roll the rock in an easterly or westerly direction.  The most common symbol you will find telling you to "switch the roll direction" is the "J."  If you find the "J" during your rolling process then roll the rock in the direction of the long arm of the "J."
  There is a hell of a lot more to these rock maps, but this should be of some help....I hope.  Besides this information about marking north and rolling your rock in this direction, the most important thing you can do is understand the signs and symbols...the abbreviations that, while looking simple, speak volumes of information....information designed to tell you how to get to your treasure room or mine.
  In closing....the visible rock maps will be found partially buried as you are lead into a treasure room or mine area.  Once you get into the immediate area of the treasure room or mine... these rock maps are totally buried. If you can't read the signs and symbols around you that are carved into trees and rocks that lead to these totally buried rock maps, then use electronics...this will expedite your success and will also cut down on your "dry holes." 
  As I stated earlier I always keep my topics short.  Unfortuantely, this shortness of topic can lead to confusion for some.  If you need more input, or if you have a question..then ask.  In the meantime look for these rock maps, they DO exist. And they WILL lead you to treasure!!!!!!! 

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12815.msg80876.html#msg80876

Offline upsmanpa
Silver Member

Life's A Garden Dig It!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2250.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 02:22:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Could you post a pic of a rock map? Thanks  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12815.msg80877.html#msg80877

Offline The Bear
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 02:44:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here are some pics of the Peralta stone maps. There is a Horse map, A Priest map and the Heart map. The Heart map has two stone maps and two Heart stones that fit into the top stone map.
 Although I agree that some stone maps have code or strange marking that someone that knows what they mean could read, but when it comes to the Peralta Stones, they were not made with strange marking or codes, they show you what is really there for you to see with your own eyes, Like I keep saying, they show you the area as it is seen from the starting point.
 Hope these pics help you out Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12815.msg80888.html#msg80888

There are 5 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

ALL Priest Map WEAVERS NEEDLE.jpg
heart008.jpg
horse006.jpg
map-trail011.jpg
map2_3H.jpg

Offline upsmanpa
Silver Member

Life's A Garden Dig It!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2250.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 02:46:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

that is totally cool, I feel like I'm in a National treasure movie or something trying to figure out the clues!I feel like I'm 6 again looking for buried treasure and I love it!  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12815.msg80889.html#msg80889

Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 06:22:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The Bear,
  Thanks for posting these rock maps.  You mention the fact that the Peralta rock maps use no strange markings,,,and this is true.  However, these rock maps, as well as the "design" used on the rocks are heavily coded and contain symbols that most people over-look.  For example, on the horse map, if you look at the bottom part of the horse's mane, and just behind the head of the horse, you will see the letter "M" which is a symbol used to designate a treasure accumulation room.  The horse was used on this particular map for the purpose of "hiding" within plain sight the very symbols that tell you where to go and what you'll find once you get "there."  Most rock maps are not as elaborate as the Peralta rocks, they are basically rocks that had the natural qualities existing within/upon the rock that allowed for the author to say as much as possible without carving a lot of signs. You will notice that the Peralta stones are basically like a plain piece of paper in that there are no natural cracks in the rock, etc.  Therefore, these rock maps represent a few examples of rock maps that did not use rock incorporation, in other words, the entire map to the treasure/mine was carved, using signs and symbols, and did not use a rock having natural cracks, etc,.  This carving process takes a lot of time.
  For those of you who desire to learn more about these principles used in creating rock maps get the book "The Rocks Begin to Speak," by LeVan Martineau....you will not be disappointed.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12815.msg80975.html#msg80975

Offline The Bear
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 05:15:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Digin4it.
 You are right about the "M" and showing the vault room. If you look to the left of the Horse's face, That is a ribbon/Layer of rock that runs in that direction and shows you where they buried the Santa Fe treasure, which was A silver chest full of church reliquaries, gold, silver and jewels.
 Above, top left corner is another map that shows you a"5" and five dots around it with a line below that has "RIO" under it. The "5" is a formation in the land and the 5 dots are mine locations as well as the two circle within a circle are mines that are also used as vaults.

So tell me, Do you know how to read the stone map enough to find the Vault ? I do!   Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12815.msg81054.html#msg81054

Offline Landshark
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

175.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Gold Bug 2 / Bounty Hunter / Viper
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 06:19:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

Here is a link where you can learn about symbols. This guy has been a treasure hunter for years, and wrote books on symbols. He also has examples for you to look at.

Please Register or Login

http://www.treasurehuntersuniversity.com/treasure_symbols.html

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12815.msg81067.html#msg81067

Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 01:55:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The Bear,
  Glad to hear of your ability in deciphering this rock map.  It's not complicated, but it is heavily coded.

Landshark,
  Trust in what you will.
  One thing that I failed to mention when replicating the suns arc in the sky is that you need to also replicate the angle that sun is in the sky during different times of the year. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12815.msg81163.html#msg81163

Offline The Bear
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 04:34:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Very true about the sun being at the right place in the sky and is very important in reading the Peralta stones. Some of the lines on the stones are only seen in the shadows when the sun is at the right place in the sky. If you look at the bottom piece of the heart map, you will see the trail on the side of that trail is an "X" and what I call a upside down "4" next are the numbers "2"="3",0 inside an 0, - "18" = "7". These signs need to be seen at the right time of day.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12815.msg81179.html#msg81179

Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 08:45:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Bear,
  One of the funniest things about this map is the tail and the butt of the horse.  The tail represents a river that curves around behind two hills, the two hills being represented by the horse's butt.  I have never seen a horse that had a "crack" up to its back!!!  It looks more like a human rear-end.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12815.msg81346.html#msg81346

« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 08:48:30 am by dign4it »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: