[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 10:23:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
This is a bit harsh, mate. Suffice it to say, relative or not, she had an expert look at the signs and confirm the age. You can always hire your own expert to look at your signs. Easy!

GoldDigger1950, no harshness was meant. English is my third language and true intent of my words may be misinterpreted. Creolegirl was implying that the credibility of her mom's relative is beyond reproach, when answering my post. I was trying to convey that I am not questioning anyone's credibility (not her, her mom or her relative). I just wanted some information. And it seems that none is forthcoming.

It is easy to say "hire your own expert", but firstly there are none near me, and if I knew how to perform such analysis, it would be a cost saving.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41689.html#msg41689

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline ksightler
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 VLF; Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 Pulse; JW Fishers Pulse 12
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 11:53:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have to say this is very interesting and love to visit your website

Keith

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41712.html#msg41712

Offline creolegirlTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

180.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2009, 12:15:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

well hobisist i did read your post again and like i said in mine im not sure of what the method is called. but i know he is not tring to scam us or anyone else. you can choose to believe that or not. I am sorry you obviously have been scamed urself in the past but that doesnt mean that everyone else are scamers too.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41718.html#msg41718

Offline ksightler
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 VLF; Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 Pulse; JW Fishers Pulse 12
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2009, 12:17:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'd love to see more.... hopefully you can get us some closer shots...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41720.html#msg41720

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2009, 12:18:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbyist;

I have a feeling that creolegirls expert relative may be an expert in metaphysics and thought you, or others, might have something disparaging to say, and wished to avoid it.... if it was here, it might be a native medicine man, that might perform the same sort of expert examination. It would not likely help you, anyway. Unless Shamanism is still alive, where you are. Others might class it in the blackbox section.

Three languages, eh. Which 3? Cumtux Chinook wawa? I know of some islands that speak English, German and the native language....

goldigger (Brian)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41721.html#msg41721

goldigger

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2009, 12:33:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

creolegirl;

I see more than a star... two circles, each with a smaller circle, inside.... eyes? The star is directly between/over them, and the star has a leg.

Huh?  I adjusted my screen until the marks  stood out.

Definitely not natural.

goldigger (Brian)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41728.html#msg41728

goldigger

Offline ksightler
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 12:34:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

creogirl when can we expect some more info and photos of this awesome find...?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41729.html#msg41729

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 02:22:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

If she is smart, she will keep the information close the the vest and her discoveries even closer.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41737.html#msg41737

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 04:28:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by creolegirl
well hobisist i did read your post again and like i said in mine im not sure of what the method is called. but i know he is not tring to scam us or anyone else. you can choose to believe that or not. I am sorry you obviously have been scamed urself in the past but that doesnt mean that everyone else are scamers too.

Creolegirl firstly, let me say that there is no need to be so defensive. I just made a simple request for information, and if you do not know or are unwilling to share, so be it. I will not press the issue. And just in passing, there is also no need to feel sorry for me because my simple request has nothing to do with me being scammed at all. It has to do with others that may be scammed. When I have time later on, I'll start a new post in the Odds and Ends section which will detail some of the scams I have foiled/in the process of foiling in real life. Kindly look out for it; you may then begin to understand where I'm coming from.

Quote:Posted by goldigger
Hobbyist;

I have a feeling that creolegirls expert relative may be an expert in metaphysics and thought you, or others, might have something disparaging to say, and wished to avoid it.... if it was here, it might be a native medicine man, that might perform the same sort of expert examination. It would not likely help you, anyway. Unless Shamanism is still alive, where you are. Others might class it in the blackbox section.

Three languages, eh. Which 3? Cumtux Chinook wawa? I know of some islands that speak English, German and the native language....

goldigger (Brian)

Brian, I feel you may be right. As I have stated in the dowsing section of the forum, I have a very open mind and believe that we have barely scratched the surface of human potential. Metaphysists will find I have a pair of willing ears. However purveyors of LRL devices which consist of a calculator and water pistol glued together will encounter my derision.
Which 3 languages you ask? Well as I have already stated, my 3rd language is English :-P  So let me rephrase your question to "Which 2 other languages?"
2nd is Malay and 1st is Fujian. I am not including French, Tagalog, Tausug, Tamil and assorted dialects because of a lack of fluency.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41744.html#msg41744

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 04:33:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbyist, you seem to be missing the point here. Creolegirl has no obligation to reveal how she knows something particularly when it comes to treasure. In fact, I would advise her to simply stop discussing anything further on the subject. If she really is on to something here, I wish her luck in the recovery. If you have a particular reason for asking, such as marks you have found yourself, why not start a new thread and ask about them and how you can determine the age of them. That makes more sense than carrying on here. Trust me, you will find great interest in such a question in a new thread and folks here will not feel as if you are "up to something" when you are not.

Do you understand what I am trying to advise you to do? It is quite simple, really.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41745.html#msg41745

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to: