[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 04:41:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

GoldDigger1950, I'm afraid you're the one who is missing the point. Of course creolegirl is under no obligation to share or divulge anything. Kindly note that I have already stated in my last post that I will not press the issue. So why berate it?

And I think it unwise to refer my attempt to clarify the situation as "carrying on". As for starting a new post, I have asked a few questions before and received no replies. Seeing as cerolegirl had done analysis on the engravings, I thought it was possible that this could be a ready source of information.

Post modified on 7 Aug 09 because the wrong person was addressed.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41748.html#msg41748

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:27:35 pm by Hobbyist »

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline tabdog
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2009, 06:00:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
Brian, I'm afraid you're the one who is missing the point. Of course creolegirl is under no obligation to share or divulge anything. Kindly note that I have already stated in my last post that I will not press the issue. So why berate it?

And I think it unwise to refer my attempt to clarify the situation as "carrying on". As for starting a new post, I have asked a few questions before and received no replies. Seeing as cerolegirl had done analysis on the engravings, I thought it was possible that this could be a ready source of information.

Hay Guys,

This is a little odd that you do not see something here.

When an expert looks at an artifact, he is using all his
expertise to analize the object.

When he gives his findings, he will not take you by the
hand and give you a ten year course in identifying artifacts.

I had a 10,000 year old artifact authenticated. He merely
said it had a nice patina. Well I did not even know they
had patinas.

I sure can not tell you how he knew it was real.

You are looking for an experts answer from an
admitted non-expert.

Fair enough?

Fair enough,

Tabdog

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41751.html#msg41751

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2009, 06:08:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you for the insight, tabdog. Yes...it is fair enough, and accepted. I believe it is apt to say that I did not see the forest for the trees.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41752.html#msg41752

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2009, 01:10:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Tabdog, it still makes more sense to start a new thread asking for advice on how to determine the age of a stone carving than to insist that someone tell more details about a specific set of carvings. Hobbyist should start a new topic and ask his question. Easy.

Hobbyist, there are two GoldDiggers here One is Goldigger (Brian) and the other is GoldDigger1950 (not Brian).

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41797.html#msg41797

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:12:48 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2009, 07:47:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Tabdog, it still makes more sense to start a new thread asking for advice on how to determine the age of a stone carving than to insist that someone tell more details about a specific set of carvings. Hobbyist should start a new topic and ask his question. Easy.

Hobbyist, there are two GoldDiggers here One is Goldigger (Brian) and the other is GoldDigger1950 (not Brian).

Reply #40 has been duly modified to address GoldDigger1950, and not Brian. Apologies for the error.

GoldDigger1950, no it did not make sense to start a new post. Had I done so, someone would have probably said "It does not make sense to start a new post because Creolegirl had already stated she had such engravings analyzed. Why don't you ask her? Don't you know how to hit the 'reply' button?"

It also does not make sense to start a new post when there was a potentially ready source of info here.

In any case, I did not "insist" on anything, like you are insisting that I did. I've moved on. You should do the same.
All is moot now because the deadline is past. As I am loth to re-type too much and did not save the PM, Tabdog please feel free to reproduce the PM I replied to you which explained my urgency, if you wish. Thanks.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41854.html#msg41854

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2009, 07:57:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Reply #40 has been duly modified to address GoldDigger1950, and not Brian. Apologies for the error.

GoldDigger1950, no it did not make sense to start a new post. Had I done so, someone would have probably said "It does not make sense to start a new post because Creolegirl had already stated she had such engravings analyzed. Why don't you ask her? Don't you know how to hit the 'reply' button?"

Don't be silly. Of course I know how to hit the reply button. In fact, I use the quote button more often than the reply button so I don't make the same mistake you did by mis-identifying someone. This way you can be sure I am replying to you and not Brian.

Quote:Posted by {author}

It also does not make sense to start a new post when there was a potentially ready source of info here.

Her topic is not about how to determine the age of carvings. Yours is. Start a new topic and nobody will be on your case for anything since it will be your topic.

Quote:Posted by {author}

In any case, I did not "insist" on anything, like you are insisting that I did. I've moved on. You should do the same.
All is moot now because the deadline is past. As I am loth to re-type too much and did not save the PM, Tabdog please feel free to reproduce the PM I replied to you which explained my urgency, if you wish. Thanks.

You did insist. You repeated your request despite her avoiding your question. Nobody has any obligation to answer a question.

Rather than ask her - not an expert, as TabDog noted, start a new topic and look for experts. As a newbie to this forum, I am trying to help you get the attention to your topic that you need. The subject of this topic is "Engraved Hearts" which some people may have chosen to ignore for their own reasons. When you start a new topic with the subject of "Help: How To Determine the Age of Carvings" it may spark new interest in some and will certainly attract the experts. Trust me. Try it. Just humor me. See what happens. You are wasting a lot of energy trying to prove I am wrong instead of helping yourself.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41855.html#msg41855

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2009, 08:49:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GoldDigger1950, you have made an error in reading. I was not asking YOU if you knew how to hit the reply button. I was stating that others may have asked ME that. This possibility is evidenced in some grumblings in the Yamashita posts.

Creolegirl has stated that she had the signs analyzed. I see nothing wrong with asking her about the methods of analysis; much the same way you may ask for clarification of some details related to another posting.

As for the accusation of me "insisting" on a reply, to me, a 2nd request for information does not constitute "insisting". You obviously feel differently. Now, if I had really wanted to "insist" on a reply, I would have proceeded to badger her till now, but upon clearly seeing her reluctance, I did not press the matter.

In any case, we shall see what kinds of responses I get to

Please Register or Login

http://thunting.com/smf/odds_ends/scams_circumvented-t6887.0.html;new#new
. Judging from past experience, I am not hopeful.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41858.html#msg41858

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2009, 12:14:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

In any case, we shall see what kinds of responses I get to

Please Register or Login

http://thunting.com/smf/odds_ends/scams_circumvented-t6887.0.html;new#new
. Judging from past experience, I am not hopeful.

I saw that topic and it is not the question you asked. In fact, it is more of a cautionary tale than a question. Why did you ignore my suggestion to ask about how one can tell if markings are old versus recent? You waste your own time by not asking. But, it is your time. Perhaps you never really wanted to know after all.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41875.html#msg41875

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline creolegirlTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

180.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2009, 03:05:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

well i didn't think this post would cause such a response. Ill leave it as that. If and when i discover something i will post it up. thanks for your replies.
creolegirl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41886.html#msg41886

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2009, 03:27:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
I saw that topic and it is not the question you asked. In fact, it is more of a cautionary tale than a question. Why did you ignore my suggestion to ask about how one can tell if markings are old versus recent? You waste your own time by not asking. But, it is your time. Perhaps you never really wanted to know after all.

You really have a problem in reading properly don't you, GoldDigger1950? Refer to post #18. I asked for information on the method of analysis. If you bothered to read the link in my last post, you'll see the same request for info had been raised there as well. And are your feelings hurt because I didn't follow your wordings exactly? Or maybe you're just here to cause trouble by splitting hairs.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6741.msg41887.html#msg41887

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to: