[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2011, 10:44:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I found the paragraph very interesting Spainard, would the Priest first name begin with the letter D or P. I have a question for you. It has nothing to do with kgc signs, and we would need to start a new post.

As for your sign if you look at the back of a diet coke can, you also have a heart in a box.........so lets lighten up, and not try to force old signs into a new age. I think your history may be correct about certain signs. But the sign is too new, wrong area, and and no confirmation marks.

I have waited to see if anyone would mention other explanations of this sign, other than spanish markings. The french was rumored to be in the area also, and settled. I know they made it to the Ohio Valley.

Did the French use signs too?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159476.html#msg159476

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2011, 12:20:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by casca
I have waited to see if anyone would mention other explanations of this sign, other than spanish markings

What, my suggestions in replies #10, #13, and #42 don't count, just because they offer logical alternatives to the idea that these are treasure signs?
  Ok...If you don't like those logical alternatives, here's one you might find more acceptable (although without knowing where the signs are, it's just a stab in the dark) they are trail signs for livestock drives (more likely horses than cattle) with the unboxed hearts indicating the route and a boxed heart showing that you are in or near an area to corral the livestock in order to give everyone and everything a bit of a break.  Or if you want to make it even more "interesting" they are signposts on the owlhoot trail.   
   Given we are talking Oklahoma, both of these interpretations are more logical and more likely to be true than are either Spanish or French treasure signs.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159484.html#msg159484

« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 12:25:00 am by BitburgAggie_7377 »
Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2011, 12:59:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

No, I love your suggestions BA. I lived in the deep south many years and know the bunch well. Good people, and you have as much luck getting information on a KGC symbols as you do a Red Velvet Cake recipe.

As for the book. Im glad we have people keeping notes. By Spainard posting continued post on the book, I thought it should have its own thread. I think the markers are newer than what he was trying to convince us all about.

I think the answer to the marker will not be answered till Haven finds more. Its a nice find.

The offer stands if Spainard want to start a new thread on the book, and maybe learn something. It makes no difference to me, as the information is out there and shared freely.

I would be looking and posting results on the heart and turkey tracks till I figured out what it was. I dont give up, till I get an answer. I may not like the answer, but I dont quit.

If you start a thread that has gotten this much interest, take responsibility for it. I mean if its at a dead end, then kill it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159487.html#msg159487

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2011, 08:49:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

As for the book. Im glad we have people keeping notes. By Spainard posting continued post on the book, I thought it should have its own thread. I think the markers are newer than what he was trying to convince us all about.

Why would you want to start a thread that only one person can post on. He claims to have info that nobody else has and like a 7 year old child he is standing there saying mine mine mine you can't play with it. Why give him a soapbox for his agenda he has already proved he does not know what he is talking about. Take what you need from his post casca but don't drink the Kool-Aid

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159524.html#msg159524

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline choctaw hunterTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

garret ace 250
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2011, 09:23:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

well guys i am off to go do a little exploring  hopefully i will have new stories and pictures wish me luck    i have taken some good advice from you guys so time to put it to the test

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159543.html#msg159543

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2011, 12:33:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Seldom,

I seen something else. But dont disagree with you. You have kept me from much loss of money and making mistakes.

I see paranoia all the time, and think a little paranoia on Spainards part gives me pause to rethink the value of the book. The more deception, the bigger the treasure.

You know I am not entirely sold on books. I only believe half of what I see, and nothing I hear. Keeps me out of trouble.

I wish Choctaw good luck on his hunt today. We have 70 mile an hour wind gust in the mountains today, Im going to stick around here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159576.html#msg159576

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2011, 01:59:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I see paranoia all the time, and think a little paranoia on Spainards part gives me pause to rethink the value of the book. The more deception, the bigger the treasure.

That's the problem casca no treasure has been mention only signs.
As for what you take as paranoia most of us take as a sign he can't produce his source of information which means its mostly BS.
You see why me BA GD Hardluck Jones never post about projects we are actively working because we would need to give up all our research to be fair to other members so we keep it to our self's.  Any one who ask or answers questions claiming to have top secret info is a conman or a border line conspiracy nut. There is no room in treasure hunting for neither.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159586.html#msg159586

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2011, 02:20:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well I definitely am falling into the conspiracy theory area. But I dont stray far from you guys. The bs usually doesnt past the research test. You guys willingly share that part, and Im glad you do. What was my last hunt about.....chasing ions or something. That was amusing. These guys think your tough on them.

I normally just hunt rocks, and have fell into some legends and treasure storys. I see some truth, and people finding things. I agree, dont post it if you cant prove it. All your and ba's post was based on research, that is accepted. Your suggested reading proved many things, but nothing about a party of 300 lead by a Spainard, to just put a mark on a rock or tree. Again, the bs didnt pass the research test.

I am finding a pattern. It seems through the ages there is a playbook someone keeps finding.

I also realize my rocks could have just been a simple way to mark Indian trails so the natives could be converted. I dont mean to be a instigator. I just dont possess the knowledge to enter into most of the threads on here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159589.html#msg159589

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2011, 03:13:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good luck with the hunt choctaw and thanks for starting such an active thread.

One thing everyone should remember is marks made in the same area, even if they are on the same rock, are not necessarily made by the same person or even during the same general time period.   It is very common in the volcano fields across the river from Albuquerque to find a boulder that has 3 or 4 years or more of inscriptions on it representing several different cultures from pre-colombian Indians to 19th century shepherds and cowhands to 20th century bored kids.   If you assume that all the markings are from the same person or small group of people and made at or near the same time then you can easily wind up reading meanings into it that none of the "artists" meant.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159596.html#msg159596

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2011, 06:11:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Your suggested reading proved many things, but nothing about a party of 300 lead by a Spainard, to just put a mark on a rock or tree. Again, the bs didnt pass the research test.

Well is the Spanish operated in your area or any area for that matter there is a record somewhere. All expatiation had a Padre along who keep records and many of the record are in an archives somewhere.
Looking for signs is a good past time but not every mark on a rock is a trail to treasure in fact none are truth be told. But signs on rocks are proof that humans have past that way before you so it up your chance of finding relics and maybe a small cache who knows. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159608.html#msg159608

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: