[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldfishTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: December 05, 2009, 12:48:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello everyone,
The Philippines is very popular to treasure hunters due to the hidden loot by the japanese...but are there also spanish treasures in the country? I discovered a treasure marking on a mountain and i am convinced that this one is not made by the japanese...what can you say?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9751.msg61251.html#msg61251

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 06:58:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Goldfish

You may be onto some thing there.

After 1898 United States war with Spain. The Philippines was ceded to the United States. Which led the United States Philippine war of 1899-1902

In this time of turmoil many colonial treasures could of been cached or buried?

And of course However in the mid-18th century, Catholic colonial powers, notably France, Portugal, and Spain, had grown hostile to the Society of Jesus because the Jesuits actively educated and empowered colonized people. The Society was particularly notorious for encouraging indigenous people to seek self-governance. Because of this, the colonial powers eventually expelled the Society, often quite brutally, from their realms.

In 1768, the Jesuits surrendered the San Ignacio to Spanish civil authorities following their suppression and expulsion from Spain and the rest of the Spanish realm, including the Philippines. Under pressure from Catholic royalty, Pope Clement XIV formally declared the dissolution of the Society of Jesus in 1773.

The Jesuits did not return to the Philippines until 1859 almost a hundred years after their expulsion. I wonder how much gold and silver found its way through the Manila galleon trade with south America and china, into the hands of the Jesuits when they were in the Philippines?

The key to answering that question is research of course.

Hardluck.   Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9751.msg61277.html#msg61277

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 04:21:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello HardlucK,

Wow, thanks a lot for the information...That's a sound info from a historian..I am glad someone like you is familiar with Philippine history even before the Japanese came...I think i will pursue research in this area, as i see it relevant to TH...
 Great goldfish

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9751.msg61372.html#msg61372

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 05:28:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Goldfish

Another thing the Manila galleon trade with Spanish South America officially declared ended in 1815 by Historians.The last official Manila Galleon was the Magellane.  But what not many historians realize that several other vessels not Manila built Galleons made the voyage from Mexico to the Phillipines between 1815 and 1817.

These ships were carrying large amounts of treasure and silver dollars of Spanish Families fleeing Mexico's and Peru's war of independence. There are documents still in some of churches in the Philippines documenting the cargo manifests still in existence. Most of this treasure passed through Manila on the way to Spain. However it is possible that some treasure would of been held up and stored in the Philippines, due to Spain's inability to produce ships.

Much of this treasure due to various reasons may of ended up in the hands of the families of the Colonial Spanish merchants in Manila, and due to later up heavels may still be hidden in the Philippines to day?

Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9751.msg61376.html#msg61376

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 09:00:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello hardluck,

another informative reply from you..thanks a lot...as from what you have shared, i am beginning to think that spanish treasure in the philippines may not have been buried up in the mountains, but instead, taken by families in manila after the manila galeon trade. And i suppose too that the spanish only ventures near the coastline, and not in laces far from the sea, since the trade happened near the ports...uhmmm, with respect to the supposed "spanish marking i found", i will again verify if this was made by the spanish, otherwise, its the japanese who made it...i am currently researching on pre-ww2 history focusing on trade with the spaniards..

many thanks Hardluck, hope to hear from you soon again...

goldfish Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9751.msg61472.html#msg61472

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: