[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline TARAY
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 09:08:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello
I have a pic of a stone found in our backyard.  I cannot upload the other pics yet.
I would like to ask if the markings have any meaning at all?  thanks.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12513.msg80195.html#msg80195

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

precy2.jpg

Offline hollowmanTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 05:34:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

i think japanese treasure is difference in spanish treasure like stone markings !  coz her in philllipines most treasure is from japanese soldier who want to invade our land.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12513.msg80237.html#msg80237

Offline dkk999
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Malaysia

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

BountyHunter 2200 Discovery
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 06:51:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

that rite .. i read it before... stone marking~ so many sign ..but hard to find treasure..
wish you luck... Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12513.msg80242.html#msg80242

Offline miau
Copper Member

Wealth is a journey, not a destination.
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
Malaysia

200.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

None
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 12:40:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i seen stone marking of unknown symbol on the Crocker range while hiking with friends. I thought it was a graveyard because the stone are all erected systematicly. Funny though to find a graveyard deep in the forest. Maybe it isn't a graveyard after all.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12513.msg80314.html#msg80314

Offline wyoming
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

915.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

OKM 4000, gygercounter, bounty,locator
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 07:00:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Let me retract how I chose my words--After I thought about what I said--it just didn't come out the way I intended it too-
Most people only know what others have told them as well as what someone has put inside a book somewhere. ( Most of the people whom have ever found anything and then written something about it--had no clue how they found it, most likely got lucky--so when asked they come up with whatever they can to make it sound good )

As for--the symbols which state--( leads to the mine,, or mine such and such and so on )---Think of it as something short--an over all explanation without having to explain every detail and difference.

I have never found a mine following turtles---I am sorry---but this particular turtle interested me--as it is detailed--seemed to have no legs and the head was still intact.

As for the other X's an so forth---sure there are the tale truths--but--it is not said where all of these were found and how close to each other or in fact little information was given about them.

I have spent plenty of time in the CABALLO mountains as well as other places in utah, new mexico and wyoming. ( Finding the mines are alot easier than you think--I have found countless old mines--numbering over 100's. Out of all these mines I have found 2 that were still workable containing gold and copper, one that is a working jade mine as well as the illusive diamond mine near fort bridger wyoming.)  ( incedently it is around 23 miles from where everyone thinks it is )

I have used so many different ways to find things--there are the easy ones and the ones that will suck your pocket book dry.

Just like the hearts and turtles---if some one has hearts and turtles--yes they may have something--but I am not interested in the hearts or the turtles--don't believe what every 2bit treasure hunter says. ( you can make it hard on you can make it easy )

Also--not every mine was a hole in the ground---many sites show this to be more of a stripping the landscape then a hole in the ground.

There are some markings which will indicate something big is in the area---but it does not mean it is still there--I for one was about 200 years late on a couple of the sites I have spent alot of time on. Seems Reinaldo beat me there long before I was born.

When I get around to it--I will load in some treasure symbols----The ones you really want to know about.

At any rate csharp has some good information---just don't get all crazy trying to measure and wig out over that stuff--it is easier then this.
( I spent way more time than I ever should have trying to measure--I used string, I used tape measures, I used a stick " end over end " I used a sextant,,I used a gps,,I have measured the distances between drill holes,, all of it, even spent way more time digging useless holes in the ground ) What I wasn't doing,,,,was using my my darn brains as well as my time right.

Photographs--will get you everwhere!
Also---I have seen people send me pictures marking out several tiny spots on some rock. TINY spots.  Forget that! ( you are driving me nuts! ) First off why would they mark something so so small on a rock? Don't you think they wanted to find it again?

I need to post more pictures of actual sites and where the entrances are located.

( GOOD RULE OF THUMB TO REMEMBER )
You can not get to the otherside unless you know how.
So the key here is -- finding the opposites. So simple
Now you all owe me alot of money---ha ha ha
have a good day---OPPOSITES
-----
P.S. traps---I have only encountered maybe 5 total. The thing you need to watch for is moving a stone which has been honed or entering a place with a broken bowl. These places can be trapped--I have nearly got myself 3 times now.

Note: Again--not everything out there is a trap--use common sense--example--if you pull out a stone which is holding up a ton of larger stones,,,or if you dig under an unstable overhang----THESE ARE NOT TRAPS! These things are part of the normality. Use common sense!  But I have seen where the spanish have placed a symbol here and there in these such places--to get the ones that do not use common sense...( Oh looky here--a gold symbol--there must be gold--lets dig here--then the ton of rock will fall,,would have anyway in time )

In every site---there is a story---learn that story---find your treasure

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12513.msg80408.html#msg80408

Offline hollowmanTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 06:05:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

i agree on that wyoming ..but her many people got gold in digging canals,cutting of trees etc..they accidentally found that treasure in 2ft. 3ft. or 6ft. or they call it a give aways treasure it burrieds an easy way.some japenese back her find the old trees,old landmarks.and they want to bougth the area for a big cash.what do you think?what they want in this place for that big cash?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12513.msg80517.html#msg80517

Offline miau
Copper Member

Wealth is a journey, not a destination.
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
Malaysia

200.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

None
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 06:50:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

wow...i wonder if dowsing can detect treasure down to 6 ft

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12513.msg80528.html#msg80528

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 02:35:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wyoming has a given a lot of very valuable tips to anyone hunting for treasure, regardless of what tools you use (and treasure marks are tools just as metal detectors are).   Even those who don't put stock in treasure signs would do well to pay attention to the following tips:

1. "Most people only know what others have told them as well as what someone has put inside a book somewhere."----Question everything.  Whenever and where ever possible, get to the source.  In treasure marks, that means either finding out WHO left the marks and what that person meant the marks to mean OR it means following the marks yourself often enough that you know what they mean.  With other treasure leads, it means going for original newspaper accounts, the memoirs, the diaries, the old maps, etc.

2. "Finding the mines are alot easier than you think".....yeah, sometimes it's literally as easy as not watching where you are stepping (especially in some parts of the United States.  I know more than one person who's accidentally stepped into a mine shaft and I've come close a couple of times.

3. "not every mine was a hole in the ground---many sites show this to be more of a stripping the landscape then a hole in the ground"....preconceptions can keep you from seeing what is right in front of your face or recognizing what you are standing in the middle of.   On the other hand knowing what deliberately worked stone looks like as opposed to natural erosion can help you "see what is hidden"

4. "At any rate csharp has some good information---just don't get all crazy trying to measure and wig out over that stuff--it is easier then this.
( I spent way more time than I ever should have trying to measure--I used string, I used tape measures, I used a stick " end over end " I used a sextant,,I used a gps,,I have measured the distances between drill holes,, all of it, even spent way more time digging useless holes in the ground ) What I wasn't doing,,,,was using my my darn brains as well as my time right."    The more you use your brains, the less time you'll have to spend using your muscles and your tools.

5. "Photographs--will get you everwhere!"----valuable tools even if you aren't relying on signs.  Let's you know what you may have missed once you get back in your library with your maps, books, and notes.

6. "not everything out there is a trap--use common sense--example--if you pull out a stone which is holding up a ton of larger stones,,,or if you dig under an unstable overhang----THESE ARE NOT TRAPS! These things are part of the normality. Use common sense! "  Couldn't say that last part better if I had a PHD  Smiley   If you don't pay attention and use common sense, you don't need manmade traps to hurt or kill yourself, you'll give the natural world plenty of opportunities to do it.

7.  "In every site---there is a story---learn that story---find your treasure"-----Amen to that, Brother Wyoming.   Amen

I'm sure that if you go back and re-read Wyoming's post, you'll find even more tips that apply to ALL treasure hunting whether you get your leads from a story you overheard or a strange symbol you saw on a rock or a wall and whether you hunt in your local city or in a distant wilderness.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12513.msg80618.html#msg80618

Offline The Bear
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 03:18:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I agree with all that.

There is something else that I would like to add. If you are looking for a mine, It is always wise to keep a keen eye on the bedrock in the area, particularily in finding a quartz vien. even if you don't find the same vien as the one that the mine is on, you may still find the same minerals, So the closer you get to the source, the more minerals you will find. Also look for fault zones, these will also help you find minerals. In the past, the miners would use these faults to make there tunnel, for the simple reason that it was easier to tunnle through when the rock already has cracks into it. If you do find a quartz vien, then follow it till the vien starts to deform, with swirls and twists. Places that have the most mineral content usaully are at these places of deformity. The rocks around minerals can tell you that you are close as well, by the weight of the stones, the closer you get to the minerals, the more the rocks will wiegh because minerals will be in them as well as the quartz vien. Lastly, look for rocks with rust in them, and when you break it open, you will see a rainbow of colors. This occured when the minerals were brought to the surface in a great magmatic upheaval, this is why the rocks are rusted (from the heat).
 Even if the quartz vien is just milimeters wide, don't mean that the mineral content will be too little to mine, I have seen mines that the vien was just 3 milimeters thick and a piece of gold that looked like a stick of gum, came from that narrow vien, So don't be fooled, GOLD IS WHERE YOU FIND IT...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12513.msg80627.html#msg80627

Offline wyoming
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

915.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

OKM 4000, gygercounter, bounty,locator
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 04:44:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

from what you showed us--I don't think it was japanese--There is a common ground with the ancients ( meaning to me anything over 300 years old to 20,000 years plus )
I may seem to talk alot, But I do know what I am talking about. With the stones having a X and a P on them---thats big stuff! as well as having a common looking stone --which is what I call the loyal servant--the X and the P are the eyes of the face. These loyal servants were placed around important things. At one time they were mostly just for tombs. But over time others have found these places and used them to hide stuff in--thus becoming--depositories,,,The spanish were really good at finding these things and using them as well--now the jesuits were all over the world--they had a common knowledge among them. They too knew about these things. Just had a different game plan going on. ( the spanish learned alot during the time they conquered the new world---they were able to find such places and use them as well )

The turtle---( unless it is a fake--which I hope not--I think you are genuine ) Tells me it is still there. I think it is old---I think you shouldn't move nor destroy anything--I think you need to take more photos and be totally sure before you do anything!

I am going to post a few treasure sites--it might enlighten everyone as to what they need to look for as well as some key " important " symbols as well, in which everyone should look for. ( These are the ones that no one knows about and the ones that do are going to be upset with me )
Bear--------------
This is a very good discussion--I like this--no one is upset and we all have something to tell.

Yes the colors--this is so true---I once asked a man for a hint--he told me---( where the gray meets the black---where the red meets the black ) find gold---But you are right about the colors!!!!!

This will get alot of people upseyt--as so many don't know this and spent a life time looking.  Here goes-----hmmmm hesitating---

In the Caballo mountains----there can be seen squares niched into the cliff faces--
find two that are at same level and same size near each other---no---lets do this another way--take a piece of paper out--right now!!!
Draw two one inch squares about 2 inches apart
draw a line connecting each square
Now--find the center of that line--
From that center--extend it down the page a litle ways--say about same distance from between the 2 squares you have drawn.
When you arrive at that point--draw a small circle

Now from each of the squares draw a line to that circle---you should now have a triangle--which is made up from 2 squares and a small circle--

This is the theory---of the philosphor stone---some where between the the 2 squares on that line going toward the small circle--is the mine. ( this will be found below )

In one place in diamond fork canyon--in utah---they use 2 circles instead of 2 squares

Belive it or not--I have found and do actually have pictures of a real philospor stone---it does change shapes--I don't know how they could have known about this stuff but the ancients did know! Inside the stone is a nomad king,,,a bird of paradise,,a snake,,and a map,,, ( This was something I found--I took pictures of--spent time studying it and then left it there---why? think about it )

Anyway--thanks for listening
Well said--thankyou

Like I said--I am here just to help--I am at a point where it is time to show others what I know. I don't ask for anything, I don't want anything. But none should just be lost--takes to long for others to figure it out--called progress thus shared.
thanks again
I know one awesome guy--that does things with a rod---ONE----I always tell them--if it is here and you know it is---then you dig it!  I have a 15 foot hole somewhere--because a dowser told me thats where it was.  You know how long it takes to dig a hole--one that is in soft dirt and gets wider as you dig? That guy is not invited anymore. I have a better one. This guy is amazing! I once parked on top of something. On purpose---He told me to move my truck as it was there. I also sent him 5 gps cords--Asked him to tell me which one was good.
2 of these places were mine--I was working on! 2 of them were just numbers tossed out with nothing there---and the fith was not mine but someone elses.

He called me back--said the two were duds--the other 2 held treasure--but to forget all about them!!!! As the fith one was the one I needed to be working on---

My friends--he had no idea about any of these places--other than the cords I sent him for a gps--he used a map and dowsed them--Never been to them either!

The fith place---well That is a good friend of mines treasure---you all probably know of him or heard of him--NICK FLEMMING
Sorry--did it again Nick---it is FLEMING---one M
People with money with do what they can to control the areas where treasures may be found---time and time again! These people can be very dangerous as well. But worse, most of them don't have a clue on how to find it. But they control the area so no one else will ever find it.
All about greed---
One reason I am not asking for anything by helping you all

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12513.msg80660.html#msg80660

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: