[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GraywolfsTopic starter
Copper Member

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

355.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: February 13, 2010, 11:25:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

The Spanish, Jesuits, Indians, and the Mexican miners    The Spanish have been every where, Places that haven?t ever been documented , and yes there are major trails they took. But from those trails they  sent parties out in all directions in search for the cure for  their heart, which was Gold. Along the way they would get Indians to help fine gold , by teaching a few what to look for, intern those few taught others. The Spanish were masters at the art of markers, symbols, and sings, they work with light and shadows. When they found a Good rich area to work, they would get as much as they could  then conceal it and place their markers and symbols. The reason for this was so when they or their successors came back they could find and work the mines. The Mexican miners and the Jesuits along with the Spanish markers , symbols, and sings were very much the same. Remember  the Spanish were first with the Jesuits and the Mexican miners came after using many of the same sings, and the ways to locate  the mines . You need to have a good  imagination  of what they are trying to tell you, by reading their sings. A lot of time you just need to put yourself in their place. Example, Where wood you camp, where wood you put a look out. A lot of the concealed mines can be found by following the eye catchers . Usually one is up high on the hill or mountain, then a lower one. Making a imaginary line from one to the other  well  point to the mine. The Indians use their own sings as like animals and arrows, and always something pointing to the gold. Pointers can be  tree limbs or boulders . One time a friend told me of a old mine high in the mountains where from the tailings he found a rock with a vine of gold in it. He took me to the foot hills and ask me where I thought we should go ( he was testing me) I look up high and saw the boulder pointing the way and said up that way, he said that?s right. So  about 2 hours later  we were on top and again he ask were to now. I  looked and saw a cactus with one of its limb was cut in a way that it was pointing  the way to go . And again I was right. Then I stopped him  and told him where the mine was. He was surprised and ask me how  I know, I told him I saw that cactus next to it with the top cut off. A lot of people  don?t believe that there are markers and pointers to show you the way until some one shows them. I hope this little story may help others  to fine what they are looking for. Also I believe I know the area where the 7 cities of gold is at. And the location of the Iron door, all here in Arizona. Also a mother load mine that the Indians have covered up . The story to all these I would be happy to share. It just takes time and  for someone  that has the time and hard work to go into these. This is Graywolf  from Arizona Saying GOOD LUCK

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11364.msg73031.html#msg73031

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 04:36:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This is a nice dissertation but there is a flaw in your logic. Please note that I mean no personal disrespect. When a natural treasure is found, you can guarantee that nobody will ever leave marks and signs in public places to locate it. Oh, yes, they will make maps and even compose ditties to help them remember but why on earth would anyone leave arrows pointing to their gold mine or hidden treasure out where anyone can see it? That's a tiny flaw in everyone's logic who hasn't actually found a hidden cache deliberately hidden for later recovery.

Simple stated again, there are no outdoor treasure signs. Look to maps, books, journals and diaries for real clues. Trail markers do exist but not for treasure.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11364.msg73104.html#msg73104

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

355.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 06:56:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi there Golddigger, peoples opinons are not a problem to me. true there are trail markers just to show the trail they take . example of what i am taking about. take a look at the pictures of the Peralta Stones i put up . you,ll see signs and symbols that make a map. there would,nt be books on sings and symbols if there was,nt any out there.i,ve read alot of history on this. the Indians are the only ones i know that uses arrows, but thats not all nether.The spanish put up death traps in some of thair mines and uslly they put signs and symbols to let you know. signs and symbols do lead you to Treasure. Dont get me wrong, there are lost treasues  that you just have to look for becouse no one made any markers or symbols. chack out some of the pictures i have put up. thanks again hope to hear from you again.. Graywolf

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11364.msg73135.html#msg73135

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

1-6-2008-02.jpg

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 04:56:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Graywolfs, I agree 100% that they are maps but they are not treasure maps. What kind of foolish person buries a treasure in a secret place and then leaves a sign pointing directly to it? Even if you assume it is coded, there is still no sense to keeping it on a rock or someplace where it will inevitably be discovered for decoding. More than likely, they are simply compound maps to places of interest like where tribes meet every year or where the hunting grounds are fertile.

We have a subculture of treasure hunters who see gold in their minds after watching the latest crop of treasure movies and see the actors decoding things with unerring accuracy, taking each step closer and closer to hidden treasure. Whoops! That again would be really dumb, if you were the person hiding the treasure. Your zeal is good. Applying it to scratches on stone is a fun exercise but certainly not proof of a guide to treasure.

Think like you were the one hiding it. What would you do to keep it both secure and accessible only to you or trusted others. Would you really scratch the directions on a map? If you answer this one in the affirmative, then I can understand why you believe that the scratches are treasure marks. If you really think about it and answer in the negative (as most would), then you might get a glimmering of why serious treasure hunters look elsewhere for clues to hidden wealth.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11364.msg73470.html#msg73470

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline oldcoon
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

410.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro, Nautilus and Whites.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 06:30:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Golddigger 1950 wrote:

Quote:Posted by {author}
Think like you were the one hiding it. What would you do to keep it both secure and accessible only to you or trusted others. Would you really scratch the directions on a map? If you answer this one in the affirmative, then I can understand why you believe that the scratches are treasure marks. If you really think about it and answer in the negative (as most would), then you might get a glimmering of why serious treasure hunters look elsewhere for clues to hidden wealth.

Great post, Goodldigger.

Take in point the Lost Dutchman mine.  The real seekers don't worry about no maps or symbols scratched onto rocks.    They search for mine trailings, the waste of mining operations and magnetometer readings from deep in the ground seeking cavities that might suggest old tunneling.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11364.msg73484.html#msg73484

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

355.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 01:46:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

You know no mater what others think and say keep beliving in your dreams, belive in what you  feel thats whats important , dont let others move you,er thoughts to somthing else ,stay with what you belive to be true,  If not you,ll come close and there are alot of others that they dont realy know what they are talking about, but to keep you away from finding your dream most pepole dont know what they are saying becouse they haven,t  experanice    it. stay with what you beleive to be true. there are those that dont want to you get what you want. this is a grt. place to get info. but remamber there are those that dont want you to know things to get you were you want to get. a little knowlge is all you need. all i want to do is help. signs and symbols are real or they would,nt be here . remaber there are thoe that want to keep knowlege away from you. i am here to help. your friend graywolf

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11364.msg73575.html#msg73575

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 05:25:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Graywolfs, any of us who are here and not asking for help are giving it. It's not that I feel that I know all there is to know that keeps me from asking for help. There's something else inside me that some here really don't have or understand. I see a puzzle and I break it down into human understandable logic questions. For example, why would anyone leave such a map as you have in your second post in this thread? It's logical to assume it is either a map to something - at the moment unknown - or a false trail so something - again unknown.

As a person who has actually hidden treasure, I can assure you that it's quite a huge problem of how to make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands. The first thing you would not do is mark directions on a map. Unless it was for someone following behind you who would recover it before anyone else saw the map. That's the only condition a treasure hiding person would leave a public map. This isn't guessing. This is fact. There is never a good enough reason to leave a map exposed to the world that leads to your treasure even if it is deeply encoded. It makes no sense at all. Why not take your treasure and scatter it along the ground all the way to the last bit of it?

Have your fun. Chase down all of those map leads on the rock. I encourage you to do that because each step of the way will make you a better treasure hunter. Match that image to a Google maps image and see what you find. Please understand that I am not discouraging you from proceeding but offering you the understanding that I have regarding the psychology of the person hiding treasure. In treasure hunters' zeal, they often overlook the obvious. Sometimes a map is just a map. They do have a purpose. To get you from point A to point B and allow others behind you to do the same. A public map will not lead you to treasure. One folded up neatly in an obscure volume of literature on Great-Granddad's bookshelf just might.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11364.msg74023.html#msg74023

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 09:48:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Just to play devils advocate here lets think about the timeline of those marks if they are 15th century or so. Would they think like we do today?

Why worry about people finding your treasure if no one else is there looking for it? The native population didn't know or care about it as they had a totally different value system. Who are you hiding it from?

How are you going to find it again if you are not the one picking it up. Desert landmarks are easily misconstrued carvings less so. Why bury tons of ore only to have the wagon train unable to locate it? Bad business that.

We mark all four corners of our claims today in less cryptic terms. While we view it as a treasure now most of that metal was simply ore shipments to the spanish. Could some of them be just marks of ownership or names of mines much like today?

How many of those shipments have been found? Not many that I know of, so does that mean the marks are hard to decypher or that they really are meaningless? Good question, the only way to prove it is to find one to disprove it you have to excavate the whole desert. Fun stuff that.

The biggest problem would be knowing which marks are real and which are later carvings. Seems like when someone carves on a rock everyone who comes along after thinks they need to add something. Add to that the many that were made simply to fool or rip off the unwary. Also if I was hiding a treasure and leaving clues I might leave a few false ones to mislead anyone who didn't have the code.

Just a few random thoughts.
 Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11364.msg74146.html#msg74146

Offline DRIFTWOOD CHARLEY
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARRETT
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 11:01:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

Graywolfs, I cannot dis-agree with anything that anyone has posted here. That is amazing in itself, but do cactus live 400 years? Meaning is the marker still going to be there today if the limb was cut off in 1600, will it still be standing in 2010?
I am a cashe hunter, and my current quest is located in western Az. I have been on this one for nearly a year in the field. Although it isn't Spanish treasure, the legend of the "Sunlit Cave" is in the region. All I can do is research my subject (to death) and when I'm out there, I naturally put myself it the the shoes of the one who hid it.
Where do you live in Az? and would you like to go out on a field test of your theory? I would love to tag along, share my knowledge, lend a hand and possibly learn a thing or two. I have a few strong leads on Sunlit, but that is not the treasure I'm focused on at the moment.
Let me know.
DC

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11364.msg74165.html#msg74165

IT'S NOT THE YEAR, IT'S THE MILEAGE

Offline Bugar
Silver Member

IF IT BEEPS=DIGIT
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

505.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Scorpion,Garrett Master Hunter,And Garrett Scorpion #2
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 12:31:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Greywolfs thanks for the post, enjoyed it, few years back i spent 5 weeks in new mexico, Zuni Mts area, with a friend Indian Charlie, he was an Old Navajo, he and his family were native to the area, he had many, many relics and finds of all sorts, no real golden or fine treasure, but he taught me much, he used no maps, or anything, i asked him how he knew where this stuff was he found, told me, his father, and grandfather had told him of places and things  long gone, he would just take off in a general direction in the desert and look for sites in the area and then hunt for some kind of marking, was very interesting, since all the markers and signs were gone or different, he was just persistent, Charlie padssed away last year , good friend, miss him, Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11364.msg74184.html#msg74184

If It Beeps=DIGIT

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: