[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline pandsagainTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

LRL
« on: November 03, 2009, 10:43:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Can anyone give me any input on this tree carving? Any input would be appreciated.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9087.msg56971.html#msg56971

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

photo.jpg

Offline theChad
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites DFX
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 02:44:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

ill give it a try.  if thats an S i dont think it means south. i think it means superior or best way to reach goal.  the two arrows tells me to go north and warns me to look closer at the map it might not read as shows.  hence another reason not to go south as some might interpret the S.  the curved line between the arrows i first thought was water but since the two sets of = i think means a river then the curved line i would think means entrance from north incase you forgot the crossed arrows and S meant south.   the two eyes in the middle mean to look for another marker within 50 yards or so or stand in line with them and see what they are looking at for direction.  i need to see a little higher on tree where the line and dots are.  i can see around 12 dots above the line but wonder if the line ends or has an angle on left there.  anyway  if i had to guess it would be:  go 1200-1300 yards, you will cross a river and once you climb out of the river to higher ground then you go 200 - 300 yards to a gathering area or year round water.  was fun but im not the best map reader just like figuring them out.  chad

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9088.msg63249.html#msg63249

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9087.msg63328.html#msg63328

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 04:11:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Oh, for heaven's sake. It's a cat's face made from an X. No great mystery. Probably Sylvester the cat.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9087.msg63335.html#msg63335

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 04:20:17 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline signman
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 11:41:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

You don't have a clue.  Why do you keep acting like an authority when you have no idea what you are talking about.  Then deleting access when someone who does opposes your inexperienced view?  Christian and I go way back.  How he got hooked up with you is beyond me.
Signman

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9087.msg63348.html#msg63348

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 12:17:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Curious to why you would run 2 post's on the same tree ,Did you not like the replie's to the other thread !!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9087.msg63350.html#msg63350

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 12:48:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by signman
You don't have a clue.  Why do you keep acting like an authority when you have no idea what you are talking about.  Then deleting access when someone who does opposes your inexperienced view?  Christian and I go way back.  How he got hooked up with you is beyond me.
Signman

Excuse me but to whom are you referring and who deleted your access? More than likely you forgot your own password.

Here's the deal, mate. Back in the 1950s there was a parlor game where people would draw a letter and try to make a cartoon from it. What you see on that tree is the result of that game. Nothing more. Something that everyone here needs to keep in mind is that treasure sign is never, and I mean NEVER made public like this on trees or on rocks. Public markings are most likely maps to water, gatherings or the location of entire villages but not treasure. Treasure sign is always put in safe places, not on trees. Get a grip.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9087.msg63356.html#msg63356

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 04:06:05 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 01:59:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I surely don't understand this carving symbolism---but I'll hazard a guess. The almost cat-like image means persons and the crossed legs of the "Arrows" seem to tell the viewer that the directions are actually oppositre each other. The dots under right arrow leg could stand for a cache where each dot is positioned. But this is just guessing and you know how guesses are--they aren't based on anything set in stone...  interesting carving, nonetheless. Good luck in deciphering the true meaning----which in reality may be just somebody bored wanting to carve on a tree??? But then again, it may be the clues that will lead you to some valuables. GOOD LUCK!  It kind of looks like Sylvestor the cat cartoon-ha!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9087.msg63358.html#msg63358

Offline theChad
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites DFX
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 05:22:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

was just curious who sigman was referring to.  yes 99% of the time a "treasure" map wont be on a tree.  legeneds in plain view usually show better trails for wagons and clean water, but if you know what your doing(i already stated i was still learning) mind you from an early 1900s spanish archive symbolism guide,that shows how maps and legends are unreadable to anyone else other than the king of spain and the workers who made them.   if you think someone just puts straight forward directions on anything to their treasure youre just ignorant or simple.  most of those markings are known to me  but there is more on that tree that isnt shown in the photo.  anyway if you dont have anything helpful or productive to say then dont.  you just lose any credibility you may have had. anyway

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9087.msg63392.html#msg63392

Offline oscarsantos
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gemini 3
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 09:40:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

can u guess the age of the tree?Huh?? may be it's better if you chop off some portion of that tree to count the ring layers on its trunk to verify the existence and age of the tree.... co'z if it really a treasure signs, at least it must be 70 years old or older.... otherwise, some tripper just curb a meaningless curving in your tree trunk to bade his time.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9087.msg66772.html#msg66772

Offline grillz
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GPX 4500
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 12:39:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Birch trees have a life span of 80-120 years on average.  Diameter as a judge of age, unknown.
The question regarding the trees age is a good one. Knowing a trees age, via diameter, may lend some credence as to whether a tale of treasure may have some meat to it. Especially if there are markings on the tree.
I tried Googling 'age and diameter of trees', with other variations for same, but was not prepared for the lot of gobbledegook and gibberish about variables, anomalies and incomprhensible equations regarding a trees life span or age, core density, where it lives, etc., et.al, ad infinitum. Gawd.

If anyone knows of a site that addresses this issue, please let us know.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9087.msg72861.html#msg72861

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: