[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline wb4rav
Bronze Member

Any day detecting is better than a day at work
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1780.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter 1100, Cen-tech pinpointer, Bounty Hunter 2200 Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Bounty Hunter pinpointer
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 09:08:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Very good post with very good info. Make sure you have permission and if you do post it be certain you say it was on private property and you had that all inportant permission.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18456.msg211367.html#msg211367

WB4RAV

Offline genweld
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

50.00 Gold
View Inventory
genweld
Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 12:47:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Agree 100%. MDing is like any thing else when it comes to any form of hunting, maybe a little worse. I know the area I'm in if someone gets a wall hanger in hunting season, everyone wants to know where it was taken. Before you know it it's no longer YOUR happy hunting ground. My best come back when asked is, "Oh over the hill."  My area for MDing is virgin and I want to keep it that way for oh say the next 50 years LOL.  Thanks for the good read.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18456.msg211420.html#msg211420

Offline YosamiteDig
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

155.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 12:55:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yeah Gozzo, all it takes is a thief to think you owe em something then they just rally a whole group of thieves then they all think you owe em something. You'd be surprised at the number of people that cry "Liberty" and "Freedom" while they're stealing yours.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18456.msg211499.html#msg211499

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 01:17:39 pm by YosamiteDig »
Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 06:45:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

YosamiteDig, I think they're called  "The U.S, Congress!!!!"    Shocked    Grin lol                          Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18456.msg211513.html#msg211513

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline YosamiteDig
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

155.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 01:22:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Not always the case AB. The statement I posted pertains to some people (not all) in general.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18456.msg211533.html#msg211533

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:16:31 am by YosamiteDig »
Offline FlowerOfTheSea
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1685.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ADS III / Garrett Sea Hunter
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 09:29:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good info. Thanks for posting it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18456.msg218266.html#msg218266

FlowerOfTheSea (Flor Do Mar)

Offline oroblanco
Copper Member

Nemo me impune lacesset
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

280.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Lobo, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Whites
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 10:23:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Excellent advice, and I would only add the difference between the fishing Honey Hole or super spot for the big buck is quite different from a great site for detecting; even if a fishing hole gets completely fished out and NO fish are left, in a course of years new fish will move in to replace them, and likewise for big game.  Not so for a great old detecting site, once those really great old coins and jewelry, relics and artifacts are gone - NONE will replace them ever.  So much more important to keep those sites to ourselves.  Of course for beaches and city parks etc there is new 'seeding' all the time, but it takes a very long time for coins to grow in value.

That said if you want to tell ME in private where your best site is, then by all means send me a private message and then I will be sure to keep it real quiet!  Wink Shocked Shocked Shocked (heh heh just kidding amigos!  DON'T tell me your secret spot, I would not want to be tempted and tested! )

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek - and then don't tell everyone where you found it!
Oroblanco

Coffee 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18456.msg218278.html#msg218278

"We must find a way, or we will make one." -> Hannibal Barca

Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 12:07:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

I recently watched a video on You Tube that was put up by a member of the Australian Metal detectors and relic hunters. It was of a "secret " location, where their was a US Army camp back in WW2 They had already blurted out that it was near Brisbane, which anyone from round here knows straight away, with almost certainty the general area of where they were. But the kill shot was a lovely clear screenshot of a house that's all by it's lonesome on the highway, and therefore sticks out like the proverbial Xmas tree ( can I say Xmas ) lol. Personally I haven't taken advantage of my observations, but it has nothing to do with the fact that I don't feel that I am just as entitled to search it as them. It's the fact that they were constantly finding military Ammunition, most of which, none of them had a clue, as to what it was. mostly old .50 cal AA bullets yep most are safe to handle. But not smart to take home an old flak shell, and how about that pretty one with the nice tail " if I can just get it out of the ground " That area was always figured to remain scrub but these days has roads running through it. and lets face it the average Joe has no idea what that Ammo does. dunno about you guys but I wouldn't want to dislodge the pin from a grenade will digging that super strong signal. We have one forum member here who, thanks to the fact he is military trained and knew to leave it alone, found a live Vietnam era landmine. If those twits found it they would likely have killed the lot of em trying to move it going " whats this " But to make it worse they have publicised it to any kid with an MD that is familiar with the area. If you find something like the picture below it's my friendly advice to leave it the hell alone and do your best to follow your footsteps back out. The Army were not always careful where they ditched stuff in the days gone past.
Keep On
 Detecting
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18456.msg218281.html#msg218281

Dig it, you know you WANT to.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

IMGP1857_small.jpg

Sorry this isn't that kind of Swingers club.

Offline Thylacine
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Master Hunter 7 ADS.
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 05:58:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Gozzo.

What twit posted the image of the mortar tail fin on the kitchen table?

I always wondered why these guys sneak into the old training areas and grab range produce, even old WWII US range produce is considered illegal to possess if you take it from a 'field firing range' and Greenbank is such a range, some of the land may now be private and have houses on it but the army never gives up possession of any 'blinds' or range produce found there.

We have idiots that winge about holes that are left unfilled on the beach (the next high tide will fix that) or a trench dug at the beach (still don't believe one of ours would did a trench next to the life savers tower). They complain if you use a custom spade  as a plug digger and cry if the grass is a bit off colour a few days after the plug has been replaced, yet they pull stunts like raiding an old range and post up their 'finds'?

I remember when was stationed at Enoggera, some boys entered a range and played with some old mortars, fired tailfins and bits or shrap then they found a WP shell. The shell still had WP in in and on exposure to the air it burnt slowly and impressed them. The next shell they found and played with was a HE 'blind' (unexploded round) it exploded and killed two of them!

T.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18456.msg218444.html#msg218444

Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 02:33:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

That twit would be me Thylacine, I bought that one at a collectors fair as I had seen one sticking out of the ground as a kid, but wasn't game to touch it and at $20 it makes a great bookend that wasn't posted elsewhere, i was merely illustrating a point. But you were spot on with the greenbank guess. I see the house driving through that area all the time. As a kid I had no idea how dangerous old artillery ranges were till I had the pleasure of seeing a live HE 105 off. Never went near the place again lol. i reckon I was at 5km from where she went boom and the wave was still a buzz. There is an old range here on the Twba range and dickheads are caught in there all the time what possesses them is beyond me. and I'm talking adults not kids. every now and then when i lived in town you would hear a boom from an old UXO and think rabbit stew anyone. So I have no doubts to the veracity of the signs saying keep out. But still there are clowns willing to dice with death just for the chance to grab a "cool" souvenir.
Keep On
 Detecting
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18456.msg218625.html#msg218625

Dig it, you know you WANT to.

Sorry this isn't that kind of Swingers club.

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: