[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline billbeepTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites DFX, Fisher Coinstrike, Minelab Explorer,  F70,  Whites 6000D S2, Spectrum, F75 CZ3D, Big Bud Pro Old CoinMaster
« on: April 18, 2010, 11:03:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Group  New Season with Old Detector.  A definite Yes for Whites . I've been detecting since 1979 mainly for coins. I've owned many Whites, a Minelab and many Fisher's(late models). A current progress report so far this early season.

I sold my detectors and what remains is a Hipmount Version of a Whites 6000D Series2 that hung in my closet in the bag for 15 yrs. I forgot I had it, was a coin killer when I used it in the 80's.

So out it came, cleaned it up added batteries and out I went to my proving ground park where I've taken and used all new detectors........and the small Park has been pounded by everyone within 50 miles over 30 yrs
in my small town. It hasn't provided much just modern stuff.

The 6000D S2 was amazing within a half hour and 30 ft later I had 3 Wheats, 1 Merc,, 1 EF Barber Dime and 1 Indianhead. It was magical.......short of amazing!! My 6000D certainly is magical and I don't understand why. However the 6000D S2 is different than than later version White's. That is the last Audio is analog, a mellow and clean as the later White's were more processed or artificial. I can hear subtle changes on the signal that no other detector provide. The 6000d S2 requires ones brain and ears to judge the target merits.

Don't need Auto SAT, ID or Multi-Tones or a larger loop. Buying and throwing big money at finding more is  not proven here and none of the other detectors obviously couldn't match it. Simpler is best. Just my 2 cents.

I'm not bashing new detector's but one never knows for sure?

Billbeep

Dig Detecting

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13579.msg85937.html#msg85937

Offline Bugar
Silver Member

IF IT BEEPS=DIGIT
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

505.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Scorpion,Garrett Master Hunter,And Garrett Scorpion #2
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 11:34:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well, my take on detecting is, to KNOW your detector, all it's little sounds, beeps,quirks, all the modern stuff In MY opinion, is for the gadgeteers, and for SALES, rather than to actually get more treasures or coin, all my detectors I have success with are what some call OLD technology, HMMMM, works for me tho, I hunt with a friend that has a very good income, always the finest and most expensive of detectors, and guess what, money can't buy success in detecting if you don't know what you are doing, or cannot understand how to operate the detector from it's complicated manual, I always really SKUNK, him when we go out, as he is adjusting, re-programming, and doing whatever, while I am  digging away, so i believe ya just gotta have an idea of what your'e doing Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13579.msg85942.html#msg85942

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

128205ac_277004.jpg

If It Beeps=DIGIT

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 01:43:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yep!  My main detector is a 80's vintage Garrett American S3.   Runing at 15Khz I would pit it with ACE 250 or better any day.

TID  is worthless to me.   Computers Lie, you know.

I have a Old Master Hunter as well.   Heavy as it is, it still finds the Goodies.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13579.msg85961.html#msg85961

Offline billbeepTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites DFX, Fisher Coinstrike, Minelab Explorer,  F70,  Whites 6000D S2, Spectrum, F75 CZ3D, Big Bud Pro Old CoinMaster
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 05:22:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Another interesting tidbit is when on a hunt with 4 other friends back in the late 80's we got permission to hunt a rural church gathering spot 1900's.  At the end of the hunt (4 Hours) we compaired finds.......I had 14 coins mostly wheats and the others had less than me combined, they were using more modern detectors of the day.....they just rolled their eye's Shocked
What made it even worse was as we walked up the grass path to the cars I got a hit as I was shutting my hipmount
6000D Off, my loop on the stem was behind me.........they watched while I dug a women's class ring 1945.

After some years I found the owners family.  The 1945 HS class ring belonged to a women whom died young (39) and
she apparently lost it in the  Spring of 45 during a parade staging area........very small rural town.  The district school
board identified the ring and and the classmate by a 1945 yearbook.  To make  a long story short.  Husband to be was
serving in WW2 and never saw the ring as they were married in the fall of 45.

A daughter picked it up, I had it cleaned and repaired, the family was just thrilled as it was a surprise gift  to their
father who never saw her wear it.

Bill Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13579.msg85990.html#msg85990

Offline hoochie papa
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

230.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 07:26:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Billbeep. That was a good story with a great ending. I'm proud you did the right thing and I'm sure god will bless you for your kindness to others.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13579.msg86731.html#msg86731

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: