[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 07:07:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tragac
Is it and how much depend depth from amount of searched objects if used same md and same coil

Then you switch the Machine to all and Test One and if it give a High Tone you switch it to Low and if it give a Low Tone you switch it to High, and if you start picking up bits of Iron Junk then Advance the Delay until it stops seeing them.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60698.msg299949.html#msg299949

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 39.0
Firefox 39.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 07:11:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

what about ammunition cartridges they are made from copper or brass and can give false results

I have searched on internet about mineralisation and on global  map
our region it is not colored with read which presents areas with mineral and high mineral soil ....

I would like you to think about something before you ask your next questions or even get an answer to this one.

Nobody, and I do mean NOBODY, can possibly answer these kinds of questions. All you can do is find one and when you do, remember how it reacted. Then, in the future, you can be reasonably sure that the same kind of reaction will be the same kind of target. Predicting such responses here on a forum without a detector or a target in our hands means that you will get answers that will probably be wrong. Just got out and detect. Get back to us when you are home and can think about your experiences. That's the ONLY way to get answers.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60698.msg299950.html#msg299950

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 07:19:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

what about ammunition cartridges they are made from copper or brass and can give false results

I have searched on internet about mineralisation and on global  map
our region it is not colored with read which presents areas with mineral and high mineral soil ....

As GD pointed out, we can not predict what happens  out there here on the Forum, As For Maps they will not tell you a thing, Only by going there with a machine like the MXT and the GMT and the Fisher F75 and the Likes will you know how Bad the mineralization is, because they can Measure the exact amount and even tell you what type of Minerals they are.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60698.msg299951.html#msg299951

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:19:29 am by Ridge Runner »
Offline tragacTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

195.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 44.0.2403.130
Chrome 44.0.2403.130

Awards

sniffer , V3i
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 07:44:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have searched on internet about mineralisation and on global  map

I would like you to think about something before you ask your next questions or even get an answer to this one.

Nobody, and I do mean NOBODY, can possibly answer these kinds of questions. All you can do is find one and when you do, remember how it reacted. Then, in the future, you can be reasonably sure that the same kind of reaction will be the same kind of target. Predicting such responses here on a forum without a detector or a target in our hands means that you will get answers that will probably be wrong. Just got out and detect. Get back to us when you are home and can think about your experiences. That's the ONLY way to get answers.

Thank you GD ,
You are right but I thought more on which equipment to use .....for mentioned soil

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60698.msg299952.html#msg299952

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 07:52:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

With The TDI you should set the Conductivity switch for the Targets you are chasing, it will find Bullets very deep, But on something like artillery shells it will see them many feet down even with the standard coil, on Big Items you can expect to dig between 4 to 6 feet maybe more.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60698.msg299954.html#msg299954

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 39.0
Firefox 39.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 08:16:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

You really can't expect much from a forum regarding specifics on any particular machine. But here's the good news. In short order YOU will become the expert on your locale and your equipment. It happens all the time. If you get a reasonably good machine, you will be able to make it work in your area and for your purposes. They are all pretty much the same.

What you have to decide is VLF or PI. Very Low Frequency or Pulse Induction. Those are the two main types out there today. As far as your coil goes, a large one will normally track deeper but is really not that good for small objects near the surface. A small coil is great of pinpointing those small items but lacks depth. So get a machine that comes with two coils - one large (10" to 14") and one small (5" to 8") so you can be versatile.

Posted on: August 10, 2015, 04:15:22 pm
Oh, and by the way, do NOT be tempted to buy those Chinese knock off machines. Go to a reputable dealer like KellyCo and buy one there.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60698.msg299957.html#msg299957

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

195.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 44.0.2403.130
Chrome 44.0.2403.130

Awards

sniffer , V3i
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 10:01:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

GD What is your suggestion about mentioned soil

VLF or PI  or VLF in combination with PI

Thank you in advance

What you have to decide is VLF or PI. Very Low Frequency or Pulse Induction. Those are the two main types out there today. As far as your coil goes, a large one will normally track deeper but is really not that good for small objects near the surface. A small coil is great of pinpointing those small items but lacks depth. So get a machine that comes with two coils - one large (10" to 14") and one small (5" to 8") so you can be versatile.

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/metal_detecting_in_general/correlation_between_depth_and_amount_of_underground_objects-t60698.20.html

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60698.msg299964.html#msg299964

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 39.0
Firefox 39.0

Awards

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 11:00:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

No opinion. As I told you before, the only way to be sure is to try one or the other. Is there a way you can rent or borrow one?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60698.msg299968.html#msg299968

Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

195.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 39.0
Firefox 39.0

Awards

sniffer , V3i
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 12:30:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No chance  to borrow or rent ...that is reason I'm asking so many questions ....because it's easy to make another mistake and every mistake cost 1500+ $

No opinion. As I told you before, the only way to be sure is to try one or the other. Is there a way you can rent or borrow one?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60698.msg299970.html#msg299970

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 05:30:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

No chance  to borrow or rent ...that is reason I'm asking so many questions ....because it's easy to make another mistake and every mistake cost 1500+ $

Then you are better off getting the TDI SL or the TDI Pro, That way if the ground is bad it will still work, and at leased you will have some form of discrimination, But most of all you will have the power to deal with the mineralization.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60698.msg299993.html#msg299993

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: