[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ardycTopic starter
Knight
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Explorer, Tesoro Cortez, Garrett A250, Makro Jeotech
« on: March 14, 2012, 12:29:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've searched the web over and only found the one Makro Jeotech review on this site. The review left a lot to be desired on what was tested, what was found, and overall return for the $$$$. Not finding a strong reason to not give it a try, my Jeotech is on it's way and I'm going to be the 2nd person in the world to post a review. I see posts for why and how nicely other detectors work, but the voids and deeper detection is what I'm needing. Read reviews on 2 box's, the Garrett 2500 sounds nice, so does the Fisher Gemini 3, but still can't say if they will detect a glass jar with a metal lid below 12". Will the Jeotech? I shall soon find out. If you happen to live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and want to help me test this detector, let me know.  I would like a sheer wall 10 - 15' tall to dig into the sides at varies depths to test various objects, as I've seen several detector videos where they did that and it was, at a minimum, interresting. If you have a place where you'd like to check for metal/voids deeper than a normal detector can go, or you have a 2 box and want to compare them (that would be great), just let me know.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35552.msg216527.html#msg216527

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 08:40:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm looking forward to reading your unbiased review. I hope that the detector will perform well for you and satisfy you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35552.msg216590.html#msg216590

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline futureghst1
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Makro, Jeotech deepseeker
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 02:47:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I also own a Jeotech deep seeker. I've used just a few minutes so far so I have no real experience with it, I'm curious to know your opinion, this is my first detector. I will be wandering California mountains and deserts. Thank you..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35552.msg217518.html#msg217518

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 03:19:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, just my two cents but what you basically bought is a VLF machine with huge search coil and pre-programmed images.

Regards

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35552.msg217520.html#msg217520

Offline williamsingr
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1105.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Authorized White's Dealer, V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 04:23:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Get plenty of protection from ticks some out there are deadly if you get bit, areas are posted in some places, gl !

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35552.msg217536.html#msg217536

Knight
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 10:57:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The first machine arrived, DOA. 5 days later the second one arrived. I have specific locations I want to go to and detect voids @ 1 to 2 feet in depth, so that's what I wanted to test today. Buried an empty plastic jar laying on it side @ 13". I had the smaller (8.5 x 12") coil on for a few minutes. Wasn't happy with the response and worried it wouldn't find anything, I switched to the larger (14 x 17") coil. Found it! Whew! My investment is looking better. Filled the jar with coins and, as expected, the JeoTech, as well as Minelab Exp. SE, and Tesoro Cortez all found the target. When 'targeting' with the JeoTech it has a - (minus/left side) Mineral/Cavity, and a + (positive/right side) Mineral/Metal. The + was lit, the led meter was lit all the way. I can try to explain this better, or you can look it up on line to see the light display the JeoTech has. Put a rusty/corroded old mason jar lid in the jar and buried it lid up, dug the hole deeper. So, the mason jar lid was 20" down inside the jar, the top of the plastic jar @ 13", the jar is 7" long. Neither the Minelab nor Tesoro detected this, didn't expect them to. The JeoTech detected the cavity and 1 light metal, it switched from the left to the right side as I would sweep past this target. With the target button pushed the JeoTech read on both sides (metal and cavity) again. The metal reading was more to each side of where the jar was, the cavity reading was right over the jar. More on the testing with other empty and non empty containers in future posts. My initial score with some pros and cons.  One big PRO - It did detect a void at 13 - 20 inches, EXACTLY THE REASON I bought this detector. One big CON - I can't see the display lights when the sunlight in on the display and plan on constructing a lense hood, which I'm probably no good at and will need help with. Another con, the battery is designed to be clipped to your belt. If you use a wired headset, maybe no big deal. I'm wireless and don't like being attached to the detector, so I tiewrapped the battery to the side of the arm brace. I can post about the wireless (bluetooth) rig I have if anyone is interested. First Impression - VERY PLEASED. Overall score and thoughts on the detector, I'd say 8 out of 10. I'd rather the battery was built in, like a Minelab Explorer, no cord to mess with. The display needs something, like remade into a digital lcd display. I can see the Minelab and Tesoro displays anytime. I'd rather have an automatic ground balance built in, the manual balance is, at least initially, a pain. Also, I'm conserned about how much I spent with only a 2 year warranty, more on that in say, 26 months Smiley . Final thoughts for today, the detector did what I wanted it to do. Next time out I hope to test the smaller coil and compare the two. For sure I have some learning to do. This is the first review post I've done. Hope it was worth reading. Took me as long to write as it did to do the testing Smiley. Later

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35552.msg217723.html#msg217723

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 11:06:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm glad you are satisfied with the machine and that it fits all your needs. Hope you will make some good finds now Great

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35552.msg217725.html#msg217725

Offline Viracocha
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

1790.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Sea Hunter II , Makro JeoTech Led
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 11:45:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have had mine now for about a year (Jeotech) and it does do what it says it can do.  The last big find and I do mean big find was a septic tank.  I had a call from a guy out in my area and he had purchased a house about eight years ago and forgot it was on septic.... 8 years is allot of Crap!  any way the septic people wanted 150 to tell him where it was on his property.  Being fibreglass make a deep seeking md would not do, but this MD also detects voids in the earth.  Now they have to be bigger than a yogourt container ( if you look back at my tests you will see the results) but with the Jeotech it took me less than 5 minutes to find it.. I also found his buried gas line too.  Oh here is the link to my tests

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25622.msg178860.html#msg178860

now the cons:
the ground balance thing is a true pain, but after a while you get into a pattern.  If you know manufacturing at all, I wasn't impressed with the tooling marks, and they painted the plastic instead of dye... no idea why they did that.  This is a very sensitive MD so you really have to know your soil or you will be frustrated.  If you turn that dial down your depth disappears quick! It will take you a while to learn this MD but it is worth it!  I have the JeoScan on order as we speak!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35552.msg223395.html#msg223395

EarthKinEnergy.com  :We bring green ideas to Light!"

Offline FRANK1FM
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

140.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 03:03:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

Have you had a chance to use the Jeotech yet?If so what is your opinion?What's the deepest target you found?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35552.msg229408.html#msg229408

Knight
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 05:26:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I am on the fence with this unit. I've detected voids at 2 to 2 1/2 feet, but I've had a steel strap @ 3" detect as a 18 x 12 square.  I have been using the larger 14" loop full time. I'm going to try the smaller 7" loop for a while and see how it does. Don't get many opportunities to go VOID detecting.  I have a place east of here I hope to get to in the next month. A man's backyard. He thinks he may have buried things. He's old and can't really remember, had a brain injury. It's 100+ out so I'm waiting on it to cool down a little. It takes a lot of time to learn this unit and unfortunately I've just not gotten to dedicate much to learning so far. Finally, for this time, I have to mention, the large loop will wear a person out. The unit is much heavier than my Minelab SE Explorer with a 16" loop. Hope someone else has one and can share their experiences to help me along.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35552.msg229463.html#msg229463

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: