[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tragacTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

195.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 28.0.1500.94
Chrome 28.0.1500.94

Awards

sniffer , V3i
« on: August 07, 2015, 04:31:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What is your opinion about mf is it used at same time more freq or one freq in text bellow
also advantage/disadvantage if is possible to use couple freq at same time

The term "multi-frequency" and MineLabs is a bit confusing, because they actually only run on one frequency at a time (from the research I did). When you first power them on, they search for a clear frequency (one) and then operates on that. They do not process but one at a time. And minelabs loves to set back in the shadows and let this conversation roll on.

You can't choose a frequency,
The display doesn't give you anything about the other 27 frequencies,
If you want to hunt lets say gold, you cannot select the best frequency for that, its chooses the quietest one.
It doesn't even tell which one its selected.

They would have you believe that the detector is constantly scanning the ground with 28 frequencies and then based on what metal it hit it uses the best one for that metal, not so! its running a pre-selected one based on it was the one with the lest interference.

What I don't know for sure is do they have a REAL 28 frequencies to choose from, or are the 28 just harmonic frequencies and the detector actually has a much less number to run on, like 3, 5, maybe 10 Who knows, but one thing for sure Minelabs isn't going to come out and settle this, in the shadows they like all the talk, its keeps the name in the top of the post in forums all over the world.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60719.msg299872.html#msg299872

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 39.0
Firefox 39.0

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 05:37:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Minelab play a lot of mind games.   Never going to see my money.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60719.msg299878.html#msg299878

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 06:34:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tragac
What is your opinion about mf is it used at same time more freq or one freq in text bellow
also advantage/disadvantage if is possible to use couple freq at same time

The term "multi-frequency" and MineLabs is a bit confusing, because they actually only run on one frequency at a time (from the research I did). When you first power them on, they search for a clear frequency (one) and then operates on that. They do not process but one at a time. And minelabs loves to set back in the shadows and let this conversation roll on.

You can't choose a frequency,
The display doesn't give you anything about the other 27 frequencies,
If you want to hunt lets say gold, you cannot select the best frequency for that, its chooses the quietest one.
It doesn't even tell which one its selected.

They would have you believe that the detector is constantly scanning the ground with 28 frequencies and then based on what metal it hit it uses the best one for that metal, not so! its running a pre-selected one based on it was the one with the lest interference.

What I don't know for sure is do they have a REAL 28 frequencies to choose from, or are the 28 just harmonic frequencies and the detector actually has a much less number to run on, like 3, 5, maybe 10 Who knows, but one thing for sure Minelabs isn't going to come out and settle this, in the shadows they like all the talk, its keeps the name in the top of the post in forums all over the world.

No doubt you have read some of what I have written on other forums about this and the Minelab fans hate you for it, There is One Australian Forum that is Full of Minelab  Boys and God help you if you like other Brands or even WORSE You Prove them WRONG, Even then Their only Come Back is to either Not Reply or Worse.

FBS and BBS DOES NOT run on 28 or 17 Frequencies they Run On 28 or 17 HARMONICS of A Frequency, All They Advertising Hype is Based on the Power of Suggestion and what is IMPLIED within the TEXT. Just Like all their machine that Are Rushed out the Doors of Asian Sweat Shops Unlike the Older Minelabs, Their New FlagShip Detector Is Made of plastic that Snaps and Breaks and At Over $10,700 AUD or In England they Charge £8,499.00 Pounds for It which is Equal to $17,600 AUD or $13,088.48 USD where it is around $9000 in the US so although the EU Factory is only 150 miles away The UK buyers have to Pay an Extra 70% On The Price and they are Now Having to Send They Owners A Ferrite Ring Because It Will Not Ground Balance and The Screens  Keep having Rows of Pixels Drop Out So After spending all that Money People have to send it In and Instead of fixing them Minelab are Just sending out New Machines, They Also Built a GPS In The Thing with ONLY 100 waypoints in it with no way of Saving it to your computer although some people have managed to Crack the Codes and find away Round it, But for this kind of money you should not have to or VOID your Warranty, And it Is NOT Waterproof as Claimed  as it also uses the Same Body That the CTX Uses and that Also Floods The Battery Compartment And the Coils Wear Through In Weeks etc,, Yet the Minelab Fan Boys swear By them. Which is sad because if they Told Minelab that this is not acceptable They would be forced to Release A Better Product,

Then That Brings Us to the SDC 2300, That Turns its self OFF because Of Ill Fitting Battery Holders and if you Don't Use A Certain Brand Of Batteries you are Screwed, And The Coil Knuckle Has to Be Held in Place with a Cable Tie and people are having to Cable Tie Bits of Plastic to the underside of the Joint to Stop it wearing through and again the Minelab Fan Boy WAX Lyrical about This machine that Is A Recycled Mine Detector, So because the spent so much on Tooling  For the MOD Conract They have had to use this Set up Because They Lost The Defence Department Contracts because Other companies made better Products And made them at 10% of the Price so all you the public are Getting is a Recycled F3 Mine Detector. That is Very Badly Made.

And Their Latest Idea is to release a machine that went out of Production 5 or 6 years ago to Try and recover their Losses that the GPZ 7000 Is Causing, So about A week and a half ago they decided to RE Release the GPX 4500, Because they are panicing because Whites or Fisher have some Ground Breaking Technology about to Blow the Detecting world Apart and Minelab needs to keep the Share Holders Happy, SAD SAPPs.

If you want to see What to see the Difference Between MF and SF Machines read this Thread. and compare a $2000+ ML machines and an  $800.00 Whites Machine,  And I found the Exact same Problem as this Member / User,

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/whites/picking_up_my_mxt_pro_today-t60079.0.html

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60719.msg299907.html#msg299907

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:11:03 am by Ridge Runner »
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

195.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 44.0.2403.130
Chrome 44.0.2403.130

Awards

sniffer , V3i
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 06:56:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

I was told  from neutral detectorist that 

Minelab BBS & FBS run at 2 frequencies, 3.125kHz and 25kHz. They transmit them in rapid succession and process both frequencies all the time, so they truly are 2-frequency machines. But certainly not 17 or 28. The noise cancel feature applies a minor shift to the frequencies.

2 frequencies allow for salt rejection which makes it far better for salt water hunting. Theoretically you can do better ground tracking and target ID as well

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60719.msg299946.html#msg299946

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 07:03:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tragac
I was told  from neutral detectorist that 

Minelab BBS & FBS run at 2 frequencies, 3.125kHz and 25kHz. They transmit them in rapid succession and process both frequencies all the time, so they truly are 2-frequency machines. But certainly not 17 or 28. The noise cancel feature applies a minor shift to the frequencies.

2 frequencies allow for salt rejection which makes it far better for salt water hunting. Theoretically you can do better ground tracking and target ID as well

There is No Better Ground Tracking System In The World than Those used On Whites The MXT and The GMT, These Machines will wipe out Hot rocks and Hot Ground and Magnetic coil in ONE Pump Of The Coil, And To this day it has never been Equalled and the Ground Grab Feature That Came out on the GMT other companies have only just started Coping and these machines were Designed and Built By Dave Johnson who Now works At Fisher Labs and Guess what they have started fitting it To Fisher Machines since the Birth of the F75,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60719.msg299948.html#msg299948

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 39.0
Firefox 39.0

Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 07:51:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

I think Carl moved over to Fisher too.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60719.msg299953.html#msg299953

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 07:54:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
     I think Carl moved over to Fisher too.

Yes Sir, He did, not sure if I am happy about that,lol

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60719.msg299955.html#msg299955

Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

195.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 44.0.2403.130
Chrome 44.0.2403.130

Awards

sniffer , V3i
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 09:40:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

{alt}[/img]Can be reason for up coming new models

Fisher is making a smart metal detector. New 2016
Fisher has promised to make 15 (!) new detectors. And a smart metal detector must be atop… Any competitor must lose sleep over these words (or smile?).

Do you remember a picture where the metal detector of the future immediately indicated the type of a find, its condition and estimated cost? Well, Fisher is going to make such a machine.

smart-metal-detector

I’ve heard Fisher give a speech… We are making a smart metal detector that will search all by itself (without control on the part of a hunter) and show a picture of a find before it is dug up. In a perfect world, it will also estimate the condition of the find. The price for this metal detector will be up to $2000. In order to make such a smart machine, we have planned to release 15 new models, each of which will be a step towards our goal… Let’s start with two new products of 2016: the Fisher Mosca and the Fisher CZX metal detectors.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60719.msg299959.html#msg299959
http://[img]

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

smart-metal-detector.jpg

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 09:43:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes and its Bloody Ugly, there is no way would I change my machines for that pile of junk.

From where I am sitting, You appear to Know a little about A Lot of Machines, Instead of A Lot about A few Machines, So far you have gone in many directions within these 2 topics of yours, I think you should buy a machine and get to know it well and when you are ready to up grade, Re Read these posts and use that info to guide you in the right Direction,

I have many hours invested in my machines and I think you would benefit by getting in some serious Field time and stop believing all that you are reading on the internet, who knows you might even find some treasure too.

HH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60719.msg299962.html#msg299962

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:54:14 am by Ridge Runner »
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

195.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 44.0.2403.130
Chrome 44.0.2403.130

Awards

sniffer , V3i
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 09:56:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

is it possible to make ....this  Do you remember a picture where the metal detector of the future immediately indicated the type of a find, its condition......

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60719.msg299963.html#msg299963

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: