[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Silver seekerTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites mxt  950 coil&6inch dd
« on: May 05, 2009, 05:35:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I get asked from time to time how did you find that and where, very simple ,RESEARCH thats the key. You may get lucky but you cant do better than to have some historical data to help you along. I like sharing the information when asked,whats lost and buried is for all of us to find. For example, washington park by the university of chicago was part of the 1893 columbia exposition, at the west end of the university along cottage grove ave is where Ferris had set up his Ferris wheel. In the park at the north end there was a horse race track, so if you look in a area that has the history your helping your odds of finding  the treasure that your after. Send sometime at the historical society and library, alot of information there and its free. That open field you look at today  could of been very differant years ago. There plenty of old coins still buried and waiting to be dug up, but look in a area that has the history, you will be surprised at what you will find. If your ever in my area let me know, I will share my information with you, and help you to put the odds in your favor for better finds. Detecting

Silver Seeker Waveing

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5144.msg32156.html#msg32156

Offline bomber
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5229.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 06:21:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

good post,washington park is like a silver mine,my bud picked up just shy of 200 silver out of there last year also got "hassled" by the local scumbags who tried ripping off his minelab..........but yes,bottom line is research

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5144.msg32240.html#msg32240

dreams of the young are the regrets of old

Offline Silver seekerTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites mxt  950 coil&6inch dd
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 05:25:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Your right, washington park is the place to look if you want silver, and who doesn't. I have found some pretty nice finds there over the years and with the park being as big as it is , silver can be found on a regular basis. But  the only draw back is  you have to detect with a buddy. Seven years ago they dredged the lagoon, I wasn't there, had to work, but some friends of mine made it and you should of seen the coins . (wow)! Across from the university is also good. The reason the ground is dug down below street level is because when the columbia exposition was being set up , it was going to be flooded so you could take boat rides from lake michigan to the lagoon in the park. It never happened, so the building were built on piles to bring them up to street level. A good place to look if you have a buddy and want to dig silver. If chicago gets the olympics one of the stadiums will be built in washington park. Good luck Bomber, hope you dig alot of silver.

Waveing

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5144.msg32298.html#msg32298

Offline bomber
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5229.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 07:37:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

thanks bud,hope to see out there one day,if ya ever want to do some diggin' or some small mouthing shoot me a pm

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5144.msg32410.html#msg32410

dreams of the young are the regrets of old

Offline Ltr113
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Scout, Prizm IV
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 06:57:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Up here in New England during the frozen months, daylight hours are short. The drive to the beach is about an hour so actual time to detect is at a premium.  This makes winter a great time to do some research.  It sometimes makes those first few outings in the spring much more productive. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5144.msg34585.html#msg34585

Offline lookinferbooty
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

235.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Safari & the Garrett 250
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 10:08:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just a note for the new guys.  When researching at your local Historical Society,  No no! DO NOT tell them you are metal detecting or searching for treasure.  You might have someone freak on you about cashing in on the items you find or the sligh ones will send you in the opposite direction.  I learned that the hard way. Shawn

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5144.msg34595.html#msg34595

Freedom IS NOT free!  Have you thanked a Veteran today?

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: