[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GREY RIDERTopic starter
Bronze Member

There is iron in my words
Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

540.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
MS Internet Explorer 9.0
MS Internet Explorer 9.0

Awards

MARKSMAN &  FISHER  F-2     Garrett pro pointer
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 12:12:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i have a blue heeler  Bittburg  they are some of the best dogs going  we dont have cattle anymore  and she's up years  i had sold blue heelers for a while my stud and her have pups all over i enjoyed them so much . they mind better than some peoples kids  were i live now they cant roam free  and i lost my male a few years back but i love that breed of dog .  wasnt big on donkeys but i gained an appreciation of them as guard animals but they pretty much have to be raised around what they are guarding they put the smack down on coyotes  or anything else that they think dont belong in the pasture . hope your able to execute your plans

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59751.msg291995.html#msg291995

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 40.0.2214.111
Chrome 40.0.2214.111

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 12:31:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It's been fun trying to teach my heeler sign language, especially when she's feeling stubborn and wants to pretend she doesn't see us.  There's one sign she has absolutely NO problem with---'drop it'.  Fetch is probably her favorite game, especially outdoors where she can make leaping catches full of twists and turns, but she had a bad habit of shoving the ball or whatever into the throwers crotch or hand and then trying to grab it back (especially if she didn't think it was going airborne quick enough)....so I came up with a sign to use to get her to drop whatever it was she had and taught it to my wife as well as the dog.  The sign works every time, even if the sit and stay signs don't---the dog does ok with sit and stay until we move into a place where she can't see us, and since she can't hear us she get's anxious and comes looking.   She's just a little over two years old.  We got her from the pound in November 2013.   Found out she had been brought back by the previous owner because she had "some" deafness.  Didn't find out that she was stone cold deaf until after we took her for her first vet visit.   It's taken a bit of adjustment for all the members in the house, including the 15 year old corgi who is basically blind now, and the 16 year old cats who are both glad the heeler wears a bell.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59751.msg292000.html#msg292000

Offline GREY RIDERTopic starter
Bronze Member

There is iron in my words
Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
MS Internet Explorer 9.0
MS Internet Explorer 9.0

Awards

MARKSMAN &  FISHER  F-2     Garrett pro pointer
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 01:40:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thats great Bitburg glad you took her in   its funny  how they  play games  my male would ignore me when the wife was around and my female would ignore my wife if i was around  they get a little jealous of who they take to  but since you got other animals that may not be so those were our only dogs  . have you ever heard of skid boot ? he was amazing    check out  youtube texas county reporter  skid boot    a good story of an amazing  heeler  

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59751.msg292032.html#msg292032

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: