[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tragacTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

195.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 43.0.2357.81
Chrome 43.0.2357.81

Awards

sniffer , V3i
« on: June 10, 2015, 05:13:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello

1.Is it possible to built or already have in one box PI and VLF metal detector and when you are
not sure about finding or not sure about reading like to search deeper .... and because of these or similar reasons like to make double check simply switch from VLF/PI or opposite

2. I have V3i but it is to complicated to set up for proper searching( also I am not sure in advance given searching modes) - and give uncertain,confusing readings ...because of these reasons do not know if is good tuned and thought that
because of this reason I'll miss good findings I simply stop my searching .......probably you can understand this situation ...

3.Any advice about good choice of metal detector with simple set up something like turn on and search mode for gold/silver/ ... with auto balancing

4.What do you think about TDI,Nocta,Gerret ,Fishers,ATM, Pulse Star II Pro,Tehnetiks T2.Minelab's E-Track and CTX 3030.....(add if you have better suggestions)
for searching coins,rings not nuggets/natural gold (is it this reason very important in proper choice of metal detector nuggets vs coins searching )
from mentioned which one is best for searching in hills/mountains - mostly would be searched peaty and clay soils

5.I prefer one with display because I think would be more confident/would be sure about riding is it this advantage or disadvantage , which one is better audio or visual reading with ID

Thank you in advance for support and help

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60482.msg297987.html#msg297987

Offline Mikepf53
Pull Tab

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

115.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Firefox 38.0
Firefox 38.0

Awards

Whites 6000di Series 2
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 12:04:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I will try to help. However, there are many on this forum that know way more than I do. So if I am wrong', please feel free to correct me.

1. Your asking for more complexity when wanting 2 detectors in 1. V3i is like having a 3 in 1 detector.

2. You have a great machine that gives tremendous amounts of feedback about the detected target and your saying it is too complex to set up. I have never used or seen this machine. Everything I read looks good. You just have a big learning curve as compared to other detectors

3, 4 & 5 You seem to want a do it all detector with very little user input that has a display. Remember that any metal detector has a learning curve. Maybe not as big as the V3i.

I don't know all the manufacturer of metal detectors. I am currently looking for a detector myself. I don't mind the bells and whistles; however, I like KISS (keep it simple stupid). Don't get so complex that you can not enjoy detecting.

Here are two of my recommendations: (plenty of good MD to pick from)

Whites MXT Pro. It is a cross between old and new style detectors with alpha numeric display and knobs to turn. You have a manual switch for coins, jewelry and prospecting.  I heard that Whites may be introducing a new MXT replacement this year.

Garrett AT Pro. This appears to be a very popular detector that it has it's own forum. No old style here. Modern look and all push button.  It has an alpha numeric display with block images. It is also water proof. Nice feature for the beach or rainy conditions. Personally, I am leaning to this model.

I would recommend looking on YouTube and seeing how these machines operate. You will get some good information.

You have a great machine now. Rather than buy another machine you might want to review the training video. 

Please Register or Login

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acB5wIyX5uk

I hope this helps.

Mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60482.msg298219.html#msg298219

Offline tragacTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

195.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 28.0.1500.94
Chrome 28.0.1500.94

Awards

sniffer , V3i
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 01:39:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Mike
Thank you on your effort to help

Do you know xp deus ....or friend who have one
do you know something about soil and suitable MD

Is it true that US  MD are not very good for EU soil  ...

Regards

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60482.msg298220.html#msg298220

Offline Mikepf53
Pull Tab

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

115.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Firefox 38.0
Firefox 38.0

Awards

Whites 6000di Series 2
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 04:01:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Never seen the xp deus. Watched a review that looked good. More than I want to spend.

I have never heard that US MD are not very good for EU soil. My thoughts are you need to ground balance your detector for the conditions of the soil. Sorry I can not be of more help. Good luck.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60482.msg298222.html#msg298222

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 08:42:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mikepf53
Never seen the xp deus. Watched a review that looked good. More than I want to spend.

I have never heard that US MD are not very good for EU soil. My thoughts are you need to ground balance your detector for the conditions of the soil. Sorry I can not be of more help. Good luck.

US Metal Detectors will work anywhere in the World,  The XP Deus is a French machine and its a toss up between it and the V3i, In Europe they are Great for Iron filled site,

But so far There Is No machine out there that I would Change My Whites For, In Europe I wont use anything Else, I have bought 3 of them In the Past 6 or 8 months,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60482.msg298227.html#msg298227

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: