[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bluenoserTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: October 11, 2007, 02:45:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

From the land of the Bluenose.....had to report to the field hospital and Doctor Seetharamadoo patched me up with some meds for my back wounds and relieved me from active duty till I was back up to snuff.  Not this trooper who took the meds and headed out into the field to find the enemy which had dug in deep and was waiting for some unsuspecting G.I. to walk by.

The terrain looked familar but too quiet for this grunt who was there during the 98 finals against a crack squad  of Novas Trophy regulars who gave us a pasting.<center>[img width= height=]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce30b3127ccebe6a6e1ecaeb00000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2[/img]</center>

The hairs on the back of my neck were upright and I was tight walking into what I knew to be a diggers trap.  On my flanks seagulls dive bombing and to my rear the crows calling out my every maneuver. Spider holes in front let me know  that someone had dug here before and to boot my seasoned front line Garrett began to chatter and run off like a soup sandwich as it had taken some incoming....rain. Did a sneak and peak back to my Otto  (over terrain to outpost) vehicle and called out the reserve Garrett which had never seen action and  for a few choppers to take out the prisoners that I had taken.  My mind was clouded by the meds but I dug on unearthing enemy after enemy.

The position was this.....surrounded and out gunned so I ran the "U" turn and regrouped at Otto loading up on 9 volt batteries and returned to the action which was ............hell. My injuries showing there ugly head as I called for support from the Air Cav who promptly showed up and spread out the multinational regulars from the chopters to form a defensive perimeter around the "lz."<center>[img width= height=]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce30b3127ccebe6a6e1f4bda00000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2[/img]</center>

I bugged out in O.T.T.O. just as the general arrived like the Marvel super hero "Iron Man" riding a yellow BMW convertable like he was bullet proof.  The evac was done by the number and this bouy arrived at base camp only to be put on KP duty by General Hunny Bunny to  make chicken wings and egg salad sandwiches to feed the troops for tomorrows offensive.

War is hell and I made it back alive with 12 of my Buds and in the process knocking off 3 dinkies, a button and ;
55 infantry (pennies)
2 sgts (nickles)
18 mwo (dimes)
12 capt(quarters)
3 one star generals ($1 coin)
1 4 star general ($2 coin)
2 helo dinkies
1 bmw dinky
9 irregulas (plastic solidiers that came up with the dinkies)
1 foreign observer (iron man figurine)
1 spy (Mcnasty golf token)
Total enemy casualities amounted to $10.25 (88 coins)

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2404.msg19215.html#msg19215

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: