[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline wortheileenTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 49.0.2623.91
Chrome 49.0.2623.91

Awards
« on: March 30, 2016, 02:30:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey I have a old coinmaster 6000 D it doesn't have the battery pack and is missing 1 knob,went on speaker, little scratched..also a Bounty Hunter IV. I'M very new to detecting & I was going to get the battery pack / and knob for the coinmaster but I can't even work the B/H.. do u think someone might want to trade my 2 for one that like shows you how far down something is & what it is ( one that is easy to use) cuz otherwise I'll probably give up on M/D and stay with gold panning

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62813.msg310845.html#msg310845

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 04:32:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

You might consider repairing that machine. She's a good one, still in demand today. None of the issues you mention are deal breakers for an easy fix.

Judging by your moniker, you may be a female and the only bad thing I would say about that machine is that swinging it all day may not be comfortable for you. Yet, there are things like a neck harness that can ease the stress. Before anyone gets on my case regarding my comment, I personally would have trouble these days since age diminishes endurance and I am PRETTY old.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62813.msg310847.html#msg310847

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline wortheileenTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 49.0.2623.91
Chrome 49.0.2623.91

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 04:52:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

My problem is I don't know how to work  the bounty hunter and that only has 2 buttons.... And yes I am a girl LOL

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62813.msg310848.html#msg310848

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 05:42:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by wortheileen
My problem is I don't know how to work  the bounty hunter and that only has 2 buttons.... And yes I am a girl LOL

Woman or not, my intention was to let you know that the White's machine can be very heavy after a couple of hours.

The Bounty Hunter is quite easy to use. If you don't have the manual for it, go here and download a copy free:

Please Register or Login

http://www.metaldetector.com/learn/instruction-manuals

Get the Tracker IV manual.

Setting it up is clearly explained there but from experience, I will tell you that it is really a "turn on and go" machine with no mystery to it. However, don't expect to find deep stuff. It's just not that kind of machine. I loaned one to my neighbor who was 15 at the time and he still has it. In a couple of years, he'll own it by law! LOL

At any rate, it took me all of 1 minute to show him how to use it. Just turn the left knob from OFF to the middle of the range. Make sure your switch is in the All Metal mode and drop some coins on the grass about a foot apart. As you pass over each, a beep will happen. Don't use the discriminate yet. Be sure you can detect each coin and as you do, raise it into the air over the coin a tiny bit each pass. You will then discover how far a coin can be in the ground (or nearly so) by doing that. You'll probably see that a quarter, dime and penny are good depth while a nickel is not. As you read the forums here, you will discover why that is.

After you verify that your machiine works, switch over to discriminate making sure the knob on the right is all the way to the left and repeat the process. Unlike the All Metal mode, you need to keep the detector in motion to detect an object. As you try each ojbect, move the right hand knob a tiny bit until each of them disappears from your detection. Note that this is only for showing you how it works, not for real world settings.

In the real world, you will want to eliminate trash, not coins, so like I said, this is a demonstration of how it works. Ideally, you would be able to filter out nails, pop tops, paper clips, thumb tacks and bits if iron. In reality, filtering those out will sometimes accidentally eliminate gold rings. Whoops! Not what we want, is it?

So, most of us old timers use the Discriminate mode set very, very low. Or the All Metal mode. I can't tell you how much gold I have found that way.

Later, when you fix your Whites machine, you can do far more sophisticated searches.

Where do you live? There may be a member here close to you to help you with repair. Use PM to answer if you don't want to put that  information on the forum.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62813.msg310849.html#msg310849

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 44.0
Firefox 44.0

Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 08:37:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Read My Bone Yard Thread.    I may have something to Traid.   A Light Bounty Hunter comes to Mind.  

I have in stock a hunter and LS CAMO
 One more.  

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62813.msg310865.html#msg310865

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:50:07 am by homefire »
Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: