[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline billderTopic starter
Bronze Member

St. Julians
Thank you13

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

924.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

whites prizm iii, whites coinmaster 6000, whites surfmaster ii
« on: August 29, 2006, 06:23:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Using Metal Detectors In Private Industry

from my ebay blog...would like to hear other stories how metal detectors have been employed for things other than finding coins....b

I once gave a lumberman a metal detector, and it served him very well. It is probably still serving him well. This person was a tree surgeon by trade, and he also owned a Lucas Mill. The Lucas Mill is a portable lumber mill made in Australia, that processes rough wood, like tree trunks and large branches, into high quality lumber: 2x4's, 1x2's, anything you want, this mill would make it. Easily, and fast.

The biggest problem this lumberman had was this: his saw blades were very expensive, because they were very large, and because they had special teeth. These teeth were easily damaged by nails in the tree trunks that he made into lumber, so everytime the blade would hit a nail, and there were many such nails, there went another tooth or two on the blade; when enough of the blades teeth were shot, and it was time for a new blade, that rather defeated a lot of the profit of making lumber.

I got him an old Bounty Hunter ALL METAL DETECTOR which I had picked up at a flea market almost for nothing because it did not work. I replaced a bad transistor in it, and that was that. This bounty hunter was not too good for treasure hunting, but it sure did the job of finding nails in the tree trunks! The nail signals in the tree trunks were circled with white or yellow grease pencil, and it was then easy to avoid them. That was just one good way I have seen metal detectors used in Private Industry.

Another is in Plumbing. When I was a boy, with my first metal detector, the world famous JETCO MUSTANG, I used to hunt the schoolyard at Amelia Earhart Elementary in Hialeah, where I went to grade school. Mr. Tyree, the janitor there, saw me doing it one day and asked to borrow the machine. I asked my parents if he could borrow it, because it had been a birthday gift to me from them, and they said sure, as long as it was alright with me, and of course it was. Mr. Tyree had such success finding lost pipes and hitherto unlocatable water mains and such, that he had the school system spring for a metal detector for himself to use at the school, doing his janitorial work.

He said later that was one of the most valuable tools he had ever had for plumbing, and I know many plumbers who use the metal detector to locate plumbing of all types.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,256.msg1092.html#msg1092

IS IT SAFE YET ??

Offline toolboxdiver
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 06:29:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

I used mine to locate a underground cable for a local landowner before he built a garage, dug the foundation and poured a concrete slab.  He was very greatful

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,256.msg1093.html#msg1093

Toolbox's Diver Down
Commercial and Scuba Diving Service
Underwater Prospecting & Treasure Hunter

Please Register or Login

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: