[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline lem
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garret and whites
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 11:00:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Howdy Tabdog,

What a nice ring, excellent find but also a bit depressing. I have found a missing stone in the same hole, mostly not. Found one the other day, missing 2 stones, didn't find them. Yes you are right , I do not dig garbage at all sites, I to do a test run to see if it is worth all the work. I am very selective in sites that I will give this much work to, but it has been an exciteing bonanza a couple times. At times it even makes you feel like an archeoligst of sorts as you dig up artifacts that let you know what those folks might have been doing. Case in point, I have an old mid 1800's site I have been working for a long time, 50 miles from me, well one day I found a small tin can  lid, went to the tree on the creek and found the can, so I knew this person opened this can at the back of property, and went under the tree and ate lunch.
was interesting day. Your effort to find that missing stone should have been a finder DARN.....

Keep hunting
Lem

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6378.msg38780.html#msg38780

Offline metal_inspectorTopic starter
Silver Member

Coin_Inspector
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4353.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett GTP 1350
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 11:46:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

lem,

Yep, all the signals I dug up that went from coin to junk, on my GTP 1350, has always been junk.  Most Memorial cents or wheats usually register as either gold or pennies themselves, new and close to the surface.  Usually it likes to read gold, but I don't mind I know that it is a penny....or maybe that surprise gold!! Grin

In most cases, most detectors register rings as pull tabs, which is why I always dig them up and don't discriminate them.  I have dug up an old looking silver ring in an neighboring town park.  It was a good 3-4 in down, and the ring part where you put your finger through was wore thin.  It also tells you it is old.  It has a neat design though. 

The double pings I always dig up, like I have mentioned above, one double ping was a new dime on the surface and I kicked the dirt away and picked it up.  I am convinced that most of the time that double pings are new change near the surface.  And, I can't recall the signal from the silver ring I found, though it registered as a pull tab and I dug it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6378.msg38790.html#msg38790

-"It is always the mistake of man to confuse insanity with genius"

Asteroids   Ballo   Asteroids v2  
Silver Member

Coin_Inspector
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4353.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett GTP 1350
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 11:55:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Tabdog,

I know that maybe different detectors may respond differently with different beeps to different situation and conditions.  I know for certain, since I have really debunked and learned my detector through, that coin to iron and around the area is junk.  I can't count on my hands by far how many of them were junk.  I have complete faith in my detector now, more ever than before by a long shot.  Like mentioned before, different detector brands do different in these situations and such.  I was just giving my experience with my specific Garrett GTP 1350 detector that I receive while I hunt. 

Regards,
~Metal_Inspector~

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6378.msg38792.html#msg38792

Offline tabdog
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 11:54:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

I see.

I did not notice you had a GPT 1350.

You are suer right. There are so many differences,
but it is qurious how they all do about tha same
thing, but different.

I got real use to mine. i finally setteled to one type.

They are light, and I do not have a learnin curve when
I go from one to tha other.

I would like to try tha 1350. Few are dissapointed with
it.

problem is, I am gettin old and do not want to change
much.

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6378.msg38831.html#msg38831

Silver Member

Coin_Inspector
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4353.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett GTP 1350
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 12:29:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've had my GTP for almost four years now.  I have not figured out most of it until recently.  With that being said, I would have to give the GTP 4.5 stars in any review.  The only thing about it is that the Graphic Target Profiling isn't really necessary.  It is just an extra feature, that I don't ever really use.  It is supposed to tell you how big the object really is.  I can tell how big something is just by the duration of the signal. 

However, it is kind of a heavy detector, weighing in at about 4.2 pounds.  But, the battery compartment is convertible and it will unclasp from the detector and you can snap it to your jeans.  That might take off about 2 pounds there. 

I would think you could get some good deals on it, since it has been out for a while now.  It would be even better to rent it, so you can see its capabilities. 

In comparison to Minelab, or which company manufactures the Tesoro, GTP is heavy to it. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6378.msg38834.html#msg38834

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: