[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline jbaileyj
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 02:43:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Actually, I've not attempted any two sided boards,,yet. So I don't have any information on that.

J

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21017.msg144715.html#msg144715

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 03:04:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by turtlebowl
That's really great news J!  Each member that wants to try will have to experiment with the best type mag / junk mail paper for their own printer. But after that it's fat city. Best part is that it doesn't even have to be ink free copy as the ink usually used for printing magazines will not transfer to the board. Just the toner inks will.
  Do you have any tricks for transfering a two sided board??  Two irons???  Wish I knew. Guess I'll have to search the net.  Phil/Turtlebowl/Grandmazhouse

You need to have perfect alignment of both sides so you need registration marks which may not be visible on paper that has ink on it. I've had success running the board through an A4 laminator twice while inside the cardboard and foil holder. The holder keeps everything from slipping.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21017.msg144725.html#msg144725

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline turtlebowlTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 07:53:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
You need to have perfect alignment of both sides so you need registration marks which may not be visible on paper that has ink on it. I've had success running the board through an A4 laminator twice while inside the cardboard and foil holder. The holder keeps everything from slipping.

Could you explain a bitmoreto me??  What do you mean "running it through twice?"  Meaning you have done double sided boards twice or that the board needs to be run through two times for it to work??
  Second question: What is an "A4 laminator?"
  Third Q:  You say ""while inside the cardboard and foil holder. "" What is a Cardboard and foil holder??  I do get the part about keeping everything from slipping but have no idea what a C/Foil holder is??
  Your understanding of my ignorance is appreciated. If I don't know what a laminator is then ofcourse I wouldn't know how to use it or what the various holders/parts are either.
  Sorry.
  I just know that I want to build a 2 side board.
  Any alternatives to a A4 laminator??
  Breakfast Grill with the temp setting and an cloths iron for the top?  Any thing like that work? Any other ways folks have tryed?
  Thanks gentlemen.  TB

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21017.msg144785.html#msg144785

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 01:22:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by turtlebowl
Could you explain a bitmoreto me??  What do you mean "running it through twice?"  Meaning you have done double sided boards twice or that the board needs to be run through two times for it to work??
  Second question: What is an "A4 laminator?"
  Third Q:  You say ""while inside the cardboard and foil holder. "" What is a Cardboard and foil holder??  I do get the part about keeping everything from slipping but have no idea what a C/Foil holder is??

A laminator is for applying heat sealing plastic on cards or paper that make them able to withstand a lot of abuse. ID cards are often laminated. The process requires one of these:

Please Register or Login

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Office-Supplies/Conference-and-Presentation/Laminating/Laminating-Machines/Pouch-Laminating/LOLAMMACA4;jsessionid=(J2EE7737600)ID1412869150DB01481149958008682903End;saplb_
*=(J2EE7737600)7737650

The foil sleeving is two pieces of cardboard which are stitched together at one end with strong string. The cardboard has foil on it like the lids to TV dinners used to have. You put the plastic inside the laminator to seal it on a document or card. For PC boards, you put your images against the clad board and put that into the laminator. Running it through two times for each board gives you a good image toner transfer.

A4 is a paper size.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21017.msg144846.html#msg144846

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 02:47:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

OK GD, You got my attention. That sounds exceptional to me. BUT there must be a small learning curve. I just ordered the laminator and hope you will be gracious enough to help me on my way. For instance, I read there is a temp adjustment. What temp does one set the machine to? , Can the machine handle standard PCB thicknace or does it require the thinner PCB stock for multi-layer circuits?
 Any other help or suggestions for me?
 Any preheat of the board or folder needed?
 You've made my day, and I thank you sir.  Clapp
You have just opened up a whole new door for me.
  Phil/Grandmazhouse/Turtlebowl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21017.msg144855.html#msg144855

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 03:54:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

The wheels inside the laminator spread to allow thick items to be laminated on both sides. They drag the item in very slowly and heat it which transfers the toner. As I mentioned, I do it twice, one right after the other to ensure best transfer. Because of the twice through, you don't need to preheat. It's much more reliable than an iron because you can't miss any places by accident.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21017.msg144859.html#msg144859

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline jbaileyj
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 03:23:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

How did the A4 laminator process out for you Turtlebowl??

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21017.msg146860.html#msg146860

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 10:14:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Clapp
 The laminater is an excellent way to go for either 1 or 2 sided transfers. And they are so cheap also. Mine was $27 new. Saw an endless supply on ebay for $5-10. I think any of them will work but just to be sure maybe you should buy one with the temp adjustment for just a few dollars more.   Phil

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21017.msg146934.html#msg146934

Offline jbaileyj
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

205.00 Gold