[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline treasuremomoTopic starter
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« on: March 24, 2010, 07:07:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I was given a detector that was missing the armrest but worked supposedly as it was meant to work. It was one of those fifty dollar Harbor freight detectors that looks a lot like those old cheapo detectors that radio shack used to sell back years ago before they started selling those units made by bounty hunter--most of those are crappy units also...anyhow, the detector I was given operated off of 3--  9v bats. I took it down to the beach and it was almost useless on the wet sand of the beach. As far as I could tell, it had no greater than 2 or 3 inches depth on a coin sized object in that wet sand. I never tried it on dry soil and gave it to one of my friends. Maybe it would have worked on dry soil...who knows? I wouldn't hit a hog in the behind with a 50 dollar detector anyhow, but it was worth a try ....I'll give that detector a minus 1 for performance...and as they always say, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! Thumbs Down

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12784.msg80692.html#msg80692

Offline Capt.HOOK
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Harbor Freight 9-Function
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 06:11:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I tried thier 9-function.  For hte price, I was pleasantly surprised! Its noot as nice what i am ABOUT to buy, but it works pretty well. Havnt had much oppertunity to treasure hunt with it yet, but it is pretty sensitive.  I assisted in a murder investigation a couple of weeks ago and was able to find evidenc that the officers were not able to find without me and my trusty Cheapo detector.  I am looking at a Bounty Hunter now, think Im gonna buy the 505.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12784.msg119704.html#msg119704

Offline Rover
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Explorer II
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 08:32:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

I had an old Wise radio shack unit and got discouraged because I could find anything, so I quit until many years later started reading about the new machines and bought a little bit better one, then I ended up getting a Minelab and I know it will do a lot I just have to get a little smarter than the box it came in  Teach on how and where to use it.  But your right you do get what you pay for..nothing more but often times a lot less.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12784.msg119989.html#msg119989

Offline Capt.HOOK
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Harbor Freight 9-Function
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 09:26:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

After much research and aggrivation of not being able to find one without ORDERING it, I broke down and ordered one. I got a Bounty Hunter QD II; Looks pretty good for the money.  Cant wait to get it, shipped over night should be here tommorow(that is not my definition of OVERNIGHT) I am excited, the descrimination feature and the depth are going  to be very helpfull I think.  My old HF analog was cool and it was fun to play with but it is just not in the same class as the new ones.   Fight

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12784.msg119996.html#msg119996

Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 05:45:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I own both the 6 function harbor freight and the Bounty Hunter 202, which is the same as the quick draw II. The BH is a good machine and has depth. You can purchase a 10" coil that will make searching large areas easier. The 5" coil works to about 5" and you dont need a pinpointer with it. I have made many finds with the BH202. The HF is made for finding nails, says so in the manual. I just bought a Fisher F75, cant wait til it gets here. The BH has limits, and is not suited for what I do. But if your looking for coin, it will go after em. Ill try to post of a photo of finds.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12784.msg225914.html#msg225914

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: