[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline zul32Topic starter
Knight
Silver Member

Thank you31

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2365.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Pro
« on: April 27, 2010, 03:58:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It's really amazing how just in the past few years metal detectors have improved! For instance, I was looking at a couple, and found that they now run on just a single 9v battery. My old Whites one uses a huge 8-pack of AA's that I have to slide in. So, that alone really help in the weight of the thing - which leads to easier use of the detector.
 Grin

I wish I could afford another new one (that actually identifies what I'm getting a hit on so I don't have to go digging for it).

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13908.msg88007.html#msg88007

2017 Find count
Penny- 300
Nickel- 34
Dime - 72
Quarter - 45
Half dollar - 1
dollar - 3

Offline hoochie papa
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

230.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 04:25:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have have always owned MD's that have a meter that tell's what it is and how deep the object is. Now let me tell you the real story. Even when the meter tells me I have located a coin, I still dont know what it is untill it's dug up. The meter is calibrated to U.S. coin,size, density. There is a lot of of metal's in the ground that show up as coins but are junk and you will still dig a lot of junk. I was working a beach near my home and kept digging up pull tabs but I was throwing them away in hopes of cleaning the beach and in the future when hunting this beach I would not have to deal with them. After working this beach every weekend for 6 weeks I got another hit that showed a pull tab, but what I dug up was a man's gold college ring.A big fat gold ring. Not a pull tab. So I think you would not do any better with a new MD, but worse because you rely on the meter and miss good finds. Goog luck to you and now go find that big fat gold ring.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13908.msg88019.html#msg88019

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: