[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline rabidTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Treasure Hunter Pro XJ9-3050
« on: March 29, 2010, 09:54:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

I just joined this site and will have just baught my first detector. Just wanted to know if anyone could tell me anything about this brand (Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 it new for 2010) if they know. I baught mine for $230 with shipping and recived a second lower quality kids one free (It was a special they just started the second one is one like a $40 detector for kids, I was not looking for second but since i got it i will let my kids use it) i also got a bag, headphones and a scoop included in the price. Please read below and let me know what you think and if you know about these please let me know. And if you know nothign about them read below and maybe you can help me learn what the different thing are or do. thank you for reading this and your time.  Have a good day and good hunting.

One of Treasure Hunters newest innovations for 2010. This is our top selling and most popular metal detector.

The Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 is Treasure Hunters top of the line model. This detector was designed for the advanced user that is serious about treasure hunting.  The 3050 has an amazing combination of technology to make it truly second to none among its peers.

The 3050 has Treasure Hunters patented multi-frequency deep search technology found only in Treasure Hunter 3019, and XJ9-3050 metal detectors. This model is equipped with a powerful 32 bit Z-TEX Computer Microprocessor for increased depth and discrimination.

The large LCD screen will visually indentify the target, the depth of the target, and pinpoint the target. This detector can achieve depths of 30cm (12") for a coin the size of a US quarter. The XJ9-3050 Can detect a silver dollar at 16" depth!

Even at 10" plus depths, this detector will tell the difference between an old wheat penny from the new zinc type of penny.

This metal detector uses multi-frequency technology to achieve greater depths and increased discrimination. With the multi-frequency technology the XJ9-3050 can recover coins, relics, treasure as well as gold nuggets at greater depths than ever before. This turn on and go fully automatic advanced treasure hunting machine has already left a huge impression on the metal detecting community.

Modes of operation:

1) All Metals Mode: This mode is the high sensitivity and no discrimination mode and any metal item will be detected. The sensitivity is completely adjustable in this mode. The automatic ground balance can be used in this mode, or for advanced use, the ground balancing can be manually adjusted.  Motion is not required in this mode.

2) Motion Discrimination: This is probably the most commonly used discrimination mode. This is the motion detecting mode and the detector will discriminate with different audible tones and also will identify the target on the large LCD screen. The detector will also give the depth of the target on the screen. The ground balance is automatic in this mode and the sensitivity and discrimination are fully adjustable.

3) Automatic Notch Filter: The 3050 deep search detector comes with pre-set programming to search for certain targets. The detector can be set to auto-notch for a specific target like gold rings and then it will only identify gold rings and other targets within the specific phase response of gold rings. The ground balance is automatic in this mode, and the sensitivity is fully adjustable.

4) Selective Notch Filter: The discrimination notch can be manually set to find any specifically desired target. The notch can be set so that the detector can find only 1/2 dollars, or only silver dollars, or only gold nuggets, or the desired relics, etc.... The possibilities are endless. The ground balance is automatic, or manual and the sensitivity is adjustable.

5) Deep Search with Surface Elimination: This setting is for deep searching and ignoring trash on the surface. It can be used in combination with any of the modes above and is for the hard to recover, or previously missed targets. This feature can be a very powerful treasure hunting tool when combined with the motion discrimination mode, or the notch filters. Using this feature, the 3019 can become a highly specialized tool set to find only gold nuggets at depths of up to 12".

6) Pinpointing mode: Motion is not required in this mode. The detector will give off a steady tone that will increase as you get closer to the target. The LCD will also indicate the location of the target. This mode can use the automatic ground balance, or ground balance can be manually adjusted or finely tuned for advanced pinpointing. Sensitivity and discrimination is fully adjustable in this mode.

This all purpose professional metal detector has all the great functions of the beloved 3019 with a slightly more powerful on-board computer to increase accuracy of discrimination. The XJ9-3050 has all these high technology features like multi-frequency detection, increased depth, pinpointing, surface elimination, improved notch discrimination capabilities, and much more. This detector has all the features and depth of the 3019 with the increased discrimination provided by the Z-TEX computer microprocessor. This detector gives a unique combination of depth and functionality that simply can not be found with any other detector. Please see the comparison with the Garret Ace 250, and Bounty Hunter Time Ranger at the bottom of this page. This detector uses NASA space age carbon and fiberglass lower stem with unbreakable non-metallic nylon connecting hardware to ensure the sensitivity and accuracy of the unit will not be compromised. This is Treasure Hunters premium deep search metal detector.

Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 with Hobbyist Pro Pack

Operation modes 6-modes
Auto ground balance Yes
Manual ground balance option Yes
Pinpoint mode Yes
Auto notch mode Yes
Selectable notch mode Yes
Deep search surface elimination mode Yes
Target depth readout Yes
Target depth max 12" for US quarter
LCD target identification Yes
VLF Technology Yes
Space age non-metal materials Yes
Multi-frequency technology Yes
Selectable target rejection Yes
Discrimination tones 4-tones
Warranty 5-year

Please note that this metal detector is equipped with the 8.5" upgraded deep search coil. If you would like to purchase an additional all purpose search coil, then please see our other auctions.

THIS AUCTION INCLUDES THE DELUXE HOBBYIST PACKAGE $187 VALUE

Headphones/Carry Bag/Treasure Scoop/Pro Deep Search Coil 8.5"

You have a fully loaded advanced treasure hunting kit with all the advanced features of 2009 technology in a remarkable easy to use machine

BRAND NEW IN THE BOX

Key Specifications/Special Features:

Six operation modes: please see above
 Target depth indicator
 Advanced selection target detection/rejection, or auto notch, selectable notch
 Lightweight for ease of use -4lbs 
 Z-TEX 25-bit computer
 Programmable sensitivity adjustment
 Operating Frequency (VLF) 6.55~6.75Khz Also uses Patented TH multi-frequency technology- higher frequencies to achieve greater depths and sensitivity for objects like gold nuggets
 Auto ground balancing (AGB) 
 ? inch headphone jack
 Touch-pad control panel
 Target image indication with large LCD
 Touch-pad intuitive control panel with bright LCD
 LCD can display the depth of the target, and Identify the target, also indicates detecting mode, sensitivity, and more.
 3 distinctive audible tones for different metals
 Controls: mode, auto ground balance, manual ground balance, volume, adjust sensitivity, adjust discrimination, combine modes.
 Auto low battery indication
 NASA space age carbon lower stem with unbreakable nylon hardware
 The extendable shaft has dual locks, both a cam lock and detent locks to ensure a solid feel when extended.
 Waterproof 8" coil (this package has the upgraded 8.5" deep search pro-coil)
 Treasure Hunters most advanced deep search detector
 Deluxe Hobbyist Package (Treasure Hunter Carry Bag, Deluxe Headphones, Treasure Scoop)
 5-Year Limited Warranty
 Uses 2-9V batteries (not included)

What is (AGB) Automatic Ground Balancing?

AGB refers to the ability of the detector to track the changes in ground mineralization and automatically adjust the ground balance to suit. This ensures perfect ground balance and full detection depth and eliminates the need for the operator to stop and manually adjust the detector as the ground conditions change.

What is Very Low Frequency (VLF) Technology?

Conventional VLF detectors transmit a continuous magnetic field into the ground on one set frequency. This frequency as the name implies, is on the lower end of the metal detecting spectrum 3kHz- 50kHz. The 3050 Professional detector operates at the very low end of this spectrum ~6.6kHz. The lower the detector's frequency, the deeper it will penetrate. However, its sensitivity to smaller targets may be reduced. On the other hand, the higher the detector's frequency, the higher its sensitivity to even the smallest targets, but it may not penetrate as deeply. The TH 3050 achieves extreme depths due to its VLF and magnetic field expander technology combined with astonishingly accurate sensitivity and discrimination, it does this through its patented multi-frequency technology. The Treasure Hunter 3019 and 3050 detectors use a multi-frequency technology to combine the benefit of deep penetration with the high discrimination possible with higher frequencies.

What is Multi Frequency Technology?

The Treasure Hunter 3019 and 3050 uses the VLF technology combined with higher frequencies up to 20kHz to give increased depth and discrimination. These higher frequencies combined with VLF technology are best for finding gold at large depths. This frequency is automatically given off and does not need to be adjusted. The increase in frequency gives a greater response to little tiny bits of gold, the 3050's increased response to small targets is about ten times as much gain as general purpose detectors. For gold searching, you must set the discrimination to the lowest setting.

What is Target ID and how does it work?

Treasure Hunters Patented Target ID circuitry is a very accurate measure of the target's phase response. But unfortunately some targets have identical, or nearly so, target responses. That is why you may lose a few good gold rings if you believe your ID is correct each time it tells you the target is a pull-tab. The ID is just another form of information that you, the operator, must interpret before deciding whether you will dig the target. But Fortunately, Treasure Hunters Target ID is from top of the line circuitry and the best Target ID accurate at depths of 12" for a coin and 16" for a good size ring (3019 and 3050 deep search models only). As you can see from the picture of the LCD above, the 3050 will tell you just how likely your target is to be a gold ring if it is in the range. Don't forget, your treasure Hunter 3050 also has target depth indication.

Was thinking about it and i think i will also post as a question. Might get more people reading about the item and maybe giving me more input.

Good hunting
Keith

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12945.msg81771.html#msg81771

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

3050-1.jpg
XJ9-3050 combo.jpg
XJ9-3050_big.jpg

Offline yourvibes
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

185.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 03:54:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Shocked well got to get my 5 mails somehow !!. . . sorry i dont know about your detector. . but if you find its ok then post back your findings. . . maybe a cheap alternative :Smiley

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12945.msg121414.html#msg121414

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: