[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dustcap
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesaro, Minelab, Fisher two box
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2010, 03:04:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950

* An ultra-bright green LED at the focal point of the coil with a switch on it so you can briefly turn it on and impress a red spot on your retina temporarily to put a virtual spot on the ground for you. When you move the coil aside, the red spot indicates where to dig.

How about using the same technology used in a carpenter's stud finder? The led shows yellow when in the vicinity and turns red when directly over the stud. The question remains as to where is the focus point of the "coil."  I'd like to have an adjustable setting for depth in areas where the surface is covered with shell casings, bits of lead and other trash. Fine tuned discrimination with user friendly settings.
I didn't see anybody suggesting GPR capability as well for really deep targets and voids.
Just a thought.
-dustcap

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6989.msg83582.html#msg83582

only with boots on the ground
will the treasure be found

Offline GoldDigger1950Topic starter
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2010, 03:46:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well, GPR is another technology altogether. Using the standard metal detector either in PI or VLF/TR to image a target can be accomplished if you use a multiscan coil arrangement.

There's no reason a pinpointing type of circuit can't be built in but the idea of the ultrabright LED was to make a ghost image inside your eye to allow you to find the ideal spot to dig.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6989.msg83585.html#msg83585

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline chris3766
love metal detecting
Bronze Member

love metal detecting
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

1045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2010, 05:08:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

how about some sort off spray paint that indicates where to dig when you have moved the coil away fixed to the side of the coil and a trigger on the handles  to set the paint off  if you no what i mean decomposable spray paint. and i would like a light on my coil to not just back light on screen of metal detector i no that we need sounds but how about a vibrator as well
and how about a  Extendable Automatic pole and STEM just push a button and the stem and pole just pop out then all you got to do is fit coil and brain to it it would be good to save some time putting metal detector toghere    would it not well this is just a dream lolol theres so meny things i would like to be don to my metal detector some just sound silly lol but thats me i ges  Violent [idiot]lol

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6989.msg117286.html#msg117286

chris

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8    Go Up
Jump to: