[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline spanishgold1Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

440.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: February 24, 2011, 06:32:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i purchased a new CZ-3d detector a few weeks ago.  Air testing I couldn't get better then 6.5 - 7 inches air test on a Dime.  I called fisher and while on the phone he tested his detector and said that he was getting 9 inches.  I told him that I just bought the detector then he changed his tune and told me that they advertise that 6 - 7 inches is the norm for a dime.  I told them I want to sent it back anyway to have them look at it.  I got a call today and the same technician said that it is testing within the specs and I was getting 6 inches,  I told him that on all the forums that many other people were getting 9 - 12 inches on dime.  He say it meets the specs of fisher and there is nothing he can do.
      Does anyone know the real facts on the newer CZ-3d.  My son uses a Garrett 250 and he can get 6 inches on a dime.  I am a little disappointed with Fisher CZ-3d and there metal detector.   Now I am second guessing my self if I should of bought the f75 ltd.   Any input would be appreciated.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21609.msg148353.html#msg148353

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:28:10 pm by homefire »
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 06:53:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

SG1 i got the field test on that when was it first released and i will try and find it

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21609.msg148356.html#msg148356

Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

440.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 08:29:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thanks  I would appreciate that.  Its frustrating at this point right now.   I appreciate anything you have...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21609.msg148382.html#msg148382

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 11:34:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Don't get Twisted Quite Yet.

Take it out side and try again.

Out side away from EMP it may do a bunch better.

In damp Ground it WILL do a lot better.

Re Wrap your Coil Wire , Go Straight up the shaft and tape it off about 7 or 10 inches up.

Do loose turns up the shaft.  Do the Tight turns up by the Box.

Try it again.

Better?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21609.msg148455.html#msg148455

Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

440.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 01:25:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

ill give it a try tomorrow.   thanks for the advice..........  when you spend good money you are expecting something.  I have an old grandmaster 3 and a old whites spectrum that have been my bread and butter but I have decided to try a new detector.  Ill give it a shot...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21609.msg148464.html#msg148464

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 02:58:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Now hold on, my next machine is gonna/ was gonna be a fisher. The guy said that? Really? What is his number, I want to talk to him.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21609.msg148470.html#msg148470

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 12:42:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

SG1 sorry i'm having trouble finding that test

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21609.msg148579.html#msg148579

Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

440.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 02:59:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Casca,
I called Fisher in Texas.  The Tech was very nice on the phone and very respectable to me and knowledgeable.  He said that he had been with the old California Fisher and now down there in Texas.  He said that the articles written by TOM DANKOWSKI'S FISHER INTELLIGENCE  is not accurate and that it does not represent Fisher acceptable standard of depth.  What ironic is that on Fishers website they post the Tom Dankowski's Fisher Intelligence report on there website, yet they distance them self from him when you bring up that according to Tom you should be getting 12 inches if you have a hot detector or an average of around 10 if its not, but it can be re tuned to get 12 inches  plus on a dime.

I bought my cz-3d based on the Tom Dankoswki forum and the Fisher Intelligence report which all claim that is is a very deep seeking coin detector and that reaching 10 - 12 inches on a dime is normal with some detectors reaching 14 inches.   I am thinking that they are getting alot of people calling them to return the unit and re tune the detector to get the depth so they are coming back with that with their acceptable standards getting 6 - 7 inches in normal.  Like i mentioned earlier, when he tested his own Fisher CZ unit he was getting 9 inches.  I told him that 6 - 9 inches is a huge difference in metal detecting and I cant accept 6 inches with my detector.

When I was talking to him on the phone he did say that they could squeeze in 7 inches in the air test on my detector   and 8 inches in the all metal mode.   I asked him kindly to re tune the detector because i invested good money beleiving in Fisher and the depth that said I could get in the Tom Dankoswki forum that you have on your web site.

They are retuning my detector now as we speak.  If you could wait next week before you call fisher I would appreciate it.  I want to get my detector tuned and returned to me, before you call.  As I said earlier, they were not going to do anything with the detector but return it back to me stating that its operating within their specs.

I also stated that my sons garretts 250 can get 6  inches on a dime, and my whites spectrum get 10 inches plus so why would I spend this kind of money on a new detector when it does no better than what I have. I was buying the fisher detector for better performance for the 2011 season, and I wanted to try something new to see if my coins finding improve.

I was told that in the all metal mode that you will be getting the better depth that Tom was talking about so I told him to test a dime on the all metal mode and you might get 1 inch more if our lucky.  I said in the all metal mode you should be getting great depth of 10 - 14 plus inches not just a inch or inch an a half.  I waited on the phone while he tested the all metal mode and came back and said that my all metal mode was in the middle of the range of their accepted tests.  I once again said that to gain only a inch in the all metal mode from 6 inches to 7 inches is not acceptable.   To the technicians credit he said that he would look at it and re tune it after he saw that the all metal mode came in a little more than an inch.  The tech was  a very nice person that I think is stuck in the middle of knowing that the detector is not performing like the old CZ-3D were but to save the company costs he has to tell everyone that it meets their specs, and I would be willing to bet that they changed there specs to use this as proof in there brochures.

Bottom line the fisher is a great detector but if you can only get 6 - 7 inches in depth why spend that kind of money. Any other input would be appreciated, but please, please, please wait until  the end ofnext week to call and talk with fisher about their depth until they send back my detector.  Its like sending food back to have it recooked.  I don't want them spitting in the food.  I would rather wait to get me detector back before you call.  Hope this helps and that i'm not the only one disappointed in the depth of the CZ-3D

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21609.msg148629.html#msg148629

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 03:04:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Air testing can be misleading. As has been mentioned, outside interference can cause less that optimum readings. A cell phone nearby, your house wiring, nails or screws in your table, the coil wire itself or even a wrist watch can cause signal degradation. Air testing can be accomplished using the following technique.

Go away from all metal objects such as table tops or work benches. Make sure your cable is securely fastened to the coil shaft with tape or a wire tie. Set your detector for the all metal mode, no discrimination. Make sure your detector coil is suspended in mid air and not near your belt buckle, pocket change or your lighter. Brass studs in your bluejeans can cause problems too. This is because your machine is a technological marvel and can detect incredibly small amounts of metal.

Tape a dime to a wooden slat or wooden ruler. Wave it past the coil at an ever increasing distance and, by golly, use your headphones. Keep going until you get the faintest whisper of the detector. Keep it moving, too. Modern detectors are not like older machines. To get that maximum distance, you need to be moving the coil over the target so move the coin during the air test. That's your distance in the air test. Record the results for the dime. Do the same for all other coins of the realm and write it all down.

Keep in mind that you may get double that distance in damp, loamy soil. Thus, your previous experiences with older machines will be useful in deciding whether or not you actually got what you believe you paid for.

In short, air tests are not at all relevant or qualitative in their result. Soil tests are required. There are just too many things which can affect your air testing. Run your coil next to your teeth and see if your fillings do the job of interfering. Or even your glasses.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21609.msg149073.html#msg149073

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 04:50:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the reply, SG1.

Im not really qualified to help, but will say I look forward to your post.

Golddigger's explanation, is better than the one I would have given. The CZ is way too much machine for me to learn next, I have only been doing this for a few months. The CZ is very sensitive and not going to respond like a 250. The metal off your zipper could be setting it off. Your fun is only starting. Dont put much thought into a online reviews. Wear out a set a battery's, then read the manual again and see what your doing wrong.

My bounty Hunter coils will work with the Fisher F4, and it has manual Ground Balance. Makes my next purchase a no brainer. The F4 has a learning curve, so my transition into a gold machine later, will be much easier. I hope to have one by June. I should put a video up of a air test on my $100 dollar bounty hunter, it would probably make some people mad. But we don't buy detectors for air test.

I found a used Minelab Eureka for under grand, but doesn't mean I'm ready for it. I have a White's dealer a mile down the road. I can try before I buy, and get help when I need it. You got a mean machine there, I sure hate to hear bad things about it.

Good Luck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21609.msg149076.html#msg149076

The more I learn, the less I know.

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: