[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline spanishgold1Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

440.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 01:31:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

gold Digger 1950.    Thanks for the info.   I can use this info for when I get my detector back.   Its at Fisher now.  What weird is that they said everything is within their specs, until I told them to to a all metal test which they did on the telephone and it only came in a inch more of depth.  Without saying anything they said that he said that he wanted to keep if for another day to do some adjustments.      To Fishers credit, they have been good to work with, but it took some pressure on my part to insist that that there is a problem.

I just ordered the 10.5 loop, so I am having confidence in that they will do the right thing and tune it.  If not, Ill go the to f75 LTD which is pretty dang good detector, but it chatters a lot which makes detecting tiring.

It would also be interesting to know what success people have had with the 10.5 loop..   Thank you all for your responses.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21609.msg149184.html#msg149184

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 01:42:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

SG1 if they tune that up i know ya gonna be happy , fisher have got some very clever people workin there, and thats a good thing

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21609.msg149192.html#msg149192

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 10:33:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well SG1, I still see a fisher detector in my future, but may have to go the ebay route as I dont do Metal Detetor Poker. If I pay cash, it better work, the first time, and what is expected.

I set up the ol Bounty Hunter 202, in the house for a simple air test. It performs well, but I need so new technology in a detector. House electronics doesnt apper to effect it.

I use a silver ring, a clad dime, and modern nickle. I have three settings, all metal, notch, and auto notch. I used a low and high power setting.

On low power, no discrimination, I hit at between 3-5 inches, all three modes.(air test)

On High power I hit at 7-8 inches, all three modes.(air test)

This is what is described in the description, and that is with a stock 8 inch coil.(hmmmm 8 inch coil, 8 inch air test)

The 4 inch coil does better with items in the ground, but I get generally get 5 inches out of it while hunting with 2/3 rds discrimination in all metal mode.

I may purchase a 10 inch coil to help with my searchs of open fields. I hear it gets an inch deeper.

On large items, it goes 2 feet easily when hunting relics. Its built tough, although I would not want to get the control box wet. It is heavy compared to others, Im a bear so I dont mind, but my wife does when she uses it.

It will not find gold nuggets, and tin and pull tabs confuses it terribly. But it works well in all the soil types I have here and was able to find hot rocks with iron in them.

This detector had a set of batterys run through it before I bought it, it set in the truck of a car, and was beat up, and still perfoms after the triple degree heat and bake and shake it went through. Its a good back of the pick up detector.

I would love a CZ machine, but would not trade my first detector for anything. Look forward to what you did to make the CZ sing for ya. Depth isnt everything, and I would suggest try different batterys till you find which works best.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21609.msg149511.html#msg149511

The more I learn, the less I know.

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: