[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline CorneliusTopic starter
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands
Referrals: 0

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: November 06, 2009, 05:07:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I don't mind whatever detector you wan to build , but there are at least three parts of information you need .

1) a good clear PCB
2) a component side of the PCB board .
3) a parts list mentioning all the parts used ,  and their values  .
I have been noticing that all the help given to our members always is short of a complete set of these documents . Why ?  I don't know . But if you want to help the members give them at least ALL the info they need .    Cornelius

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9158.msg57398.html#msg57398

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 05:23:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Cornelius

I take it that a good clear PCB would be a proper view of the PCB and that and the component side would be a good photo or facsimile there of sorry but it?s just that it?s not all that clear.

Regards
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9158.msg57401.html#msg57401

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 05:32:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Xavier . With a good PCB  I mean a PCB with the right demensions  ( it can de used directly to use in your photo printing on the copper plate ) . The next thing you have to know is where to put the resistors and capicitors  etc . etc .  So you need a component side of the PCB board .  Now  the next thing you have to know is what kind of parts you have to order . Like  R1= xx Ohms   R2 = YY Ohms    and C1 =  xx Mf   and C2  = YY Pf   etc etc . This is the minimum the guy that is helping you should supply . If he does not do that  he is giving you unsufficient information and you will never be able to build the detector .  MAYBE THAT IS WHAT IS ON HIS MIND !    Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9158.msg57402.html#msg57402

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 06:51:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yep!  Never Start a build until you have PCB, Parts list, Parts Placement, and Description of Circuit Functions.   Shocked

Best to Insure Parts Availability on older machines.

Some Just an t to be had any more.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9158.msg57408.html#msg57408

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 03:30:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi to you Cornelius and homefire

Well you are both right the thing is well let me rather put it this way see i live in a small town called Aston Bay it's on the East coast SA and over here getting parts if one hell of a thing so I have to take designs from people and change the whole thing so that I can get it together and by the time that I am done it's not what was originally designed but those designs have helped me even if I don?t have the PCB layout I can produce my own and I should think that the members that post designs forget that not all members are as advanced as they are But point taken if i post something in the future I will insure that I have all the detail with it.  Smiley

Regards
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9158.msg57459.html#msg57459

Xavier

Offline FRANSWA
Pull Tab

Thank you2

Activity
0%

Australia

120.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 12:53:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello guys ..my question is to cornelius..
  I have built a couple of P I detectors ,but the depths werent that good ,I go to the beach for my hunting so I want to build a Pi but I would like to build something worthwile and stable enough to use in the salt water -wet sand beach .I have noticed you have good reviews of the DBP2010
...how would it be in the above conditions ,and how is the depth .The 2 I have made only go to 20cm for a 30mm silver coin which is not really sufficient...what us your advice on this.I am after good sensitivity in these conditions...thank you fellas

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9158.msg61505.html#msg61505

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 03:45:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by FRANSWA
Hello guys ..my question is to cornelius..
  I have built a couple of P I detectors ,but the depths werent that good ,I go to the beach for my hunting so I want to build a Pi but I would like to build something worthwile and stable enough to use in the salt water -wet sand beach .I have noticed you have good reviews of the DBP2010
...how would it be in the above conditions ,and how is the depth .The 2 I have made only go to 20cm for a 30mm silver coin which is not really sufficient...what us your advice on this.I am after good sensitivity in these conditions...thank you fellas

Where are you located in Australia?

The depth of 30mm is horrible. The 20cm is passable but could be better. Have you calibrated your machine? There are some waveforms available for calibration that Eugene52 uploaded.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9158.msg61519.html#msg61519

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline mindfree
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

Guadeloupe

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 04:43:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

I agree with Cornelius. Delta Pulse PI metal detector files should be there in download area so that we know there won't be any more changes. And those who have constructed it successfully should rate it.
I keep postponing constructing a detector because I always feel there is gonna be new changes.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9158.msg61523.html#msg61523

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 04:49:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Cornelius

I have build the discriminerende BFO detector how ever looking at the diagram TR1 ? TR4 emitter is on ground and looking at the component side of the board (layout) collector is on ground  Undecided could you please check this out also could you please post the size and value of the coils, thickness of wire used and amount of turns  Undecided also the tuning procedure of L2 and C14 e.g. set C14 to mid point then tune L2.

Best regards
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9158.msg61524.html#msg61524

Xavier

Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 07:16:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Xavier .  Just follow the print as given  . T1 through T4  ( all emitters are on ground ) . Be sure to ream the component side as indicated .  As for the two oscillaters  it is not important what their freq. outputs are as long as Fs is 1/4  of Rr .  So if the Es is 200 , the Fr has to be 800 .  If you could build a oscillator by using a cristal ( very stable )  for Fr  , you would be on a very right track  .  Otherwise you have to use a coil  ( L2 ) of 173 uH ) . It does not matter how you build your oscillators . The search coil has 45 windings  insulated Cu wire of  0.5 mm  . Coill diameter is  16.5 cm  .  I made my first L2 by winding Cu wire around an old coil body with a core and tried it out . By changing the amount of windings I came pretty close .  Now I am using a cristal oscillator which makes the whole detector a lot more stable . This is a very nice detector and you should have a lot of fun with it . If you got the whole thing working  please pass it on to other interested members .  Cornelius   ( ps . be sure you drill the holes of the points that have to be reamed first ! ) 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9158.msg61542.html#msg61542

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: