[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dirtwalkerTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you3

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

130.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« on: January 26, 2016, 12:11:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Anyone have  one or know anything about this Detector,I am thinking of getting a back up detector,My oldcoin master classic 3 still works great but I would like to have a detector with an Id screen on it.Thanks for any advice or feedback.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62457.msg308478.html#msg308478

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:11:32 pm by dirtwalker »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 03:34:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

First of all, you can always trust a Whites machine so put out the cash. One thing though, if you are like many experienced treasure hunters, you will dig every target no matter what because despite technological advances, the ID systems are far from perfect and you will miss good targets if you believe what you see there. How do I  know this? Because I dig every target. EVERY target, even a pull tab indication. On many occasions, I have found a gold ring where a pull tab was indicated. This is mostly because of the physics of circles of metal and not because of any failing inside your detector. When you first get your machine, dig everything just to see what I mean. You'll be surprised.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62457.msg308483.html#msg308483

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you3

Activity
0%

United States

130.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 05:31:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Golddigger 1950,thats what I have been doing since 1987 digging every target.I am getting pretty good at hearing the different tones,but my hearing is getting kind of bad.I thought I would try a detector with a ID.Thanks again.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62457.msg308489.html#msg308489

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 06:40:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Don't get me wrong, I like the ID feature but I make it into a game. Is the detector right or are my ears and instincts right? Mostly, the detector is right but like I said, the occasional ring is mistaken for a pull tab. Besides, I mostly search in the all metal mode which makes target ID kind of pointless but the depth indicator can help.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62457.msg308492.html#msg308492

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Firefox 43.0
Firefox 43.0

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 10:26:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Whites coming up with a new model this spring.
It may cost more than the treasure pro but I think its worth waiting and having a look.  Smiley

Please Register or Login

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyOQwwIbgSw

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62457.msg308502.html#msg308502

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Pull Tab

Thank you3

Activity
0%

United States

130.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 09:53:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks,I'll wait awhile and take a look at the MX Sport.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62457.msg308508.html#msg308508

Offline johnboydetecting
Silver Member

Mood:Mischievous
Mischievous

it can't stay buried forever
Thank you75

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

3351.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Safari 4.0
Safari 4.0

Awards

cobra beach magnet            minlab gofind 60                       cscope cs5mx.                    fisher 1225 mx.                   garratt 100
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 06:11:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dig everything u never now whats coming up next  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62457.msg308558.html#msg308558

EAT SLEEP DETECT REPEAT

Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Minelab Sov XS, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Fisher 1280-X, Compass XP Pro
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 11:28:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by nickel_n
Whites coming up with a new model this spring.
It may cost more than the treasure pro but I think its worth waiting and having a look.  Smiley

Please Register or Login

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyOQwwIbgSw

Looks like a nice unit, Thanks for showing this video nickel_n
 Great

Whites has made and still continues to make some of the best machines available at any price.
What I like about this new MX-Sport is the water-resistance and ability to get it wet up to 10 feet submerged. Should be a very good beach machine IMO.

Cheers,
Jim

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62457.msg310003.html#msg310003

« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 11:31:46 pm by Poseidon-Jim »

Best Regards,
Jim

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 05:40:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It has some nice features but it will not Equal the MXTs, The Reject Volume is a great Idea have spent months in Iron filled sites I like that, Since the E-series came on the market I can't believe that Whites had the chance to add Manual Ground Balance and again they have missed the boat, So they are still not Listening after 15 plus years,, You can buy a Truck and order what Extras you want and the dealers/factories fall over backward trying to win over Customer who would normally buy a Chevy, Ford or Dodge But whites just build what they like and we are supposed to be excited about it, The first words that come to my mind is ( No Not Again ), Which is a pity because I like the modern Approach the MX-S has and whites know that people like Steve and many others have been asking whites for manual GB since the MXT came out, So unless whites starts to listen my money will be going to Makro/Nokta, Because I am not sure if I can wait another 15 years or whether any of us can for that matter and I don't want to Buy a rehash in a new Skin and if they are not going to listen to the Thousands of people who have asked for manual GB etc then they don't deserve my money because I can have what I have been asking whites for and have it now from and EU company, Which in one respect annoys me because I have been 110% behind whites and in the past year alone I have spent 5 to $6000,00 on whites products.

I wish them luck and they will sell a lot of these machines to folks who just like to get out a swing a coil, But I already have a machine that puts finds in the pocket and it can run rings around this one, So I will not be buying one.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62457.msg310016.html#msg310016

Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Minelab Sov XS, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Fisher 1280-X, Compass XP Pro
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 11:01:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
It has some nice features but it will not Equal the MXTs, The Reject Volume is a great Idea have spent months in Iron filled sites I like that, Since the E-series came on the market I can't believe that Whites had the chance to add Manual Ground Balance and again they have missed the boat, So they are still not Listening after 15 plus years,, You can buy a Truck and order what Extras you want and the dealers/factories fall over backward trying to win over Customer who would normally buy a Chevy, Ford or Dodge But whites just build what they like and we are supposed to be excited about it, The first words that come to my mind is ( No Not Again ), Which is a pity because I like the modern Approach the MX-S has and whites know that people like Steve and many others have been asking whites for manual GB since the MXT came out, So unless whites starts to listen my money will be going to Makro/Nokta, Because I am not sure if I can wait another 15 years or whether any of us can for that matter and I don't want to Buy a rehash in a new Skin and if they are not going to listen to the Thousands of people who have asked for manual GB etc then they don't deserve my money because I can have what I have been asking whites for and have it now from and EU company, Which in one respect annoys me because I have been 110% behind whites and in the past year alone I have spent 5 to $6000,00 on whites products.

I wish them luck and they will sell a lot of these machines to folks who just like to get out a swing a coil, But I already have a machine that puts finds in the pocket and it can run rings around this one, So I will not be buying one.

Well you know John, that I agree with you on that. The MXT is the ultimate whites ground gamer IMO...I just like the Ability of this new MX sport in and around the shallow surf or Gold Bearing fresh water running creeks in the mid west  and west coast. Now when dry work on the beach or regular ground, I know the MXT is the one to beat.

Cheers mate,  Great
Jim

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62457.msg310027.html#msg310027

Best Regards,
Jim

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: